Western Women? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Western Women?

Uhhh I dont get the "asian or eastern women are submissive" meme... my ex gf of 8 years is Chinese, and not an ABC either.. she moved to the US when she was 16. She was one of the most demanding, domineering, self centered people I ever knew. It was close to impossible to please her, she always wanted more, something better, we ended up splitting up because IMO

Her reasons: I wasnt ambitious enough (fucks sake how many 20 year olds have empires already?) So she wanted out for that, so she could hunt and pursue rich guys.

My reasons: I was utterly worn out and drained trying to keep her happy. And just wanted to stop feeling like nothing was ever good enough.

my current GF, is not nearly like that, shes really easy going. Doesnt mean she doesnt have faults, she certainly does, but in terms of which relationship is better, I would say my current GF is far more accepting, and down to earth then my Ex.

Reactions: Trifoilum
Me?
Well....I might be, or was exaggerating to make my point. But I'm also stating the view of some people that seems to be well set in that idea.

No, I didn't mean you. I meant the OP in that link you posted.

My last response to this matter of people generalizing a population by judging the few is; "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." If you are going to generalize an entire population by the actions of the few then you are making a huge mistake. As with any population's of people you will find the good, the bad and the ugly. It's just sad that the ugly tends to be the one that gets the most attention.

Reactions: Trifoilum
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_VHZxEtG0"]YouTube - Tom Leykis- Foreign Women Critique American Women 3[/ame]

A video from the other forum.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." If you are going to generalize an entire population by the actions of the few then you are making a huge mistake. As with any population's of people you will find the good, the bad and the ugly. It's just sad that the ugly tends to be the one that gets the most attention.

agreed. :|

Uhhh I dont get the "asian or eastern women are submissive" meme... my ex gf of 8 years is Chinese, and not an ABC either.. she moved to the US when she was 16. She was one of the most demanding, domineering, self centered people I ever knew. It was close to impossible to please her, she always wanted more, something better

Reminds me of...

high_expectations_asian_father_You_16_Years_Old_Now_Why_no_Phd_in_Particle_Physics_Yet_You_Dissapoint_Son_High_Expectations-s407x405-59586-580.jpg

tumblr-blog-high-expectations-asian-father.jpg

YOU-GET-B-B-IS-FOR-BEATING.jpg

[MENTION=751]Peppermint[/MENTION]; By any chance, do you read this article?

What is a "Western woman"? I would imagine women from the south have different attitudes than women from L.A. or the midwest or the Pac NW. That article seems to draw a pretty big assumption about american women in general. It would likely be more fair to say "a majority of big city women" or something of the like.

Generalizations are silly. I'd have to say that most women of most cultures get on my nerves one way or another. I simply just can't relate to others my own gender, no matter what their cultural background.