Weird news: 2000-plus dead birds | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Weird news: 2000-plus dead birds

I don't believe in the end of the world the way most people do, but I must be more superstitious than I thought -- all the dying animals really spook me.

Yeah...that is quite strange..poor birds :(

Does it mean that if we are looking for an explanation, that we have to cast our nets a little wider than some fireworks explanation?

Perhaps....and I don't know this for sure...I'm not an ornithologist....but maybe what is causing this problem is happening on a larger scale.

I'm not going to speculate about some of the stranger theories! It's all a bit strange though. We have had a cold spell of weather right across the northern hemisphere, so perhaps it is weather related

suicidal birds flying into chem trails

or aliens

some weird virus?

who knows...
fireworks doesnt make sense to me
someone already made this point but i was thinking the same...
fireworks have been going on for years without massive bird death occurring

very peculiar

Reactions: muir
The government is trying out their depopulation devices for humans on animals first, then we're next.

When things look uncertain, always blame your governments for it. That's my motto :D

Well, now the dead birds have been found in Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee (same types of birds). It's just weird, now.

More Dead Birds Found in Several States, Scientists Puzzled About Cause

WHNT NEWS 19 & The Associated Press

12:10 PM CST, January 6, 2011

MURRAY, KY

Scientists in several southeastern states are scratching their heads about mass amounts of dead birds. The latest large discovery is in Kentucky, where several hundred dead birds were found dead in the western part of the state.

The grackles, red wing blackbirds, robins and starlings were found last week.

In the last few days, people in Lincoln County, Tennessee have found dead birds. Eight dead blackbirds were found Wednesday on Highway 110, near the Cater community. Lincoln County's wildlife resource officer says he's not sure what killed the birds. Other dead bird discoveries have been reported in Lincoln County as well.

New Year's Eve fireworks have been blamed for the deaths of thousands of blackbirds in central Arkansas. Another 450 birds died this week in Louisiana, likely after hitting power lines or cars.

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources spokesman Mark Marraccini says someone called police about the discovery in Kentucky, and they alerted state officials.

Marraccini says tests performed on the birds ruled out diseases or poisons. He said the deaths could have been caused by weather or another natural event.

Mass bird deaths are not uncommon.

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-ap-us-dead-birds-kentucky-010611,0,4821034.story?track=rss

Now in Italy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/06/birds-dying-in-italy-thou_n_805541.html

On Wednesday, GeaPress reported hundreds -- possibly thousands -- of dead and dying birds in Italy. Countless turtle doves were found scattered in the streets, in flower beds and hanging tragically from trees "like Christmas balls" in the town of Faenza. Many of the birds that fell dead from the sky were discovered with a mysterious blue stain in their beaks.

In the past week, similar incidents of mass animal deaths have been reported across the world. Thousands of dead birds fell from the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve, and similar incidents were reported on different days in Louisiana, Kentucky and Sweden. Two million fish were discovered dead in Maryland, with other fish kills also reported in Brazil, New Zealand and Arkansas -- approximately 100 miles from the bird incident. 40,000 crabs washed up on England beaches in the past few days, as well.

While the events are likely unrelated, most still remain a mystery. Officials suggest fireworks are likely responsible for many of the bird deaths and that unusually cold weather could be to blame for the strange mass deaths of fish and crabs.

GeaPress suggests that the blue stains found in mouths of the dead and dying birds in Italy could be the result of poisoning or possibly signs of hypoxia. Both the local forest service and the WWF in Faenza have sent some of the dead birds for testing, though the results likely won't be available for at least a week.

If this is a media hype, they have been doing a spectacular job. Otherwise the fact that it is happening worldwide disproves theories of death by firework and "weather".

The birds seem to be dying from blunt trauma but that could be caused from hitting the ground. What's making them fall though?