Weird news: 2000-plus dead birds

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Okay, this is just freaky. You wonder what they were spraying in the sky...

January 2, 2011

More Than 1,000 Dead Birds Fall From Sky In Arkansas

| 01/ 2/11 10:03 PM |

BEEBE, Ark.

FlashForward is happening!!! (good series.)

on a more serious note, this is really strange.

I live in Arkansas and I think it might have been the weather + The fireworks. It'd make sense to me.

Edit: Still, I wouldn't rule out poisoning.

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/02/arkansas.fish.kill/index.html?hpt=C1

but its the fish too..

(CNN) -- Arkansas officials are investigating the death of an estimated 100,000 fish in the state's northwest, but suspect disease was to blame, a state spokesman said Sunday.
Dead drum fish floated in the water and lined the banks of a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River near Ozark, about 125 miles northwest of Little Rock, said Keith Stephens of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. A tugboat operator discovered the fish kill Thursday night, and fisheries officials collected some of the dying animals to conduct tests.
Stephens said fish kills occur every year, but the size of the latest one is unusual, and suggested some sort of disease was to blame.
"The fish kill only affected one species of fish," he said. "If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish, not just drum fish."
Ozark is about 125 miles west of the town of Beebe, where game wardens are trying to find out why up to 5,000 blackbirds fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve.
Dead birds a mystery in Arkansas
Biologists believe the bird deaths were stress-related from either fireworks or weather and are unrelated to the fish kill near Ozark, Stephens said.

O.O

Double rainbow creepy...:m071:

ETA: Maybe the birds ate the diseased fish...?

Yeah, that's weird. Hope they find the cause. That's a large number to suffer.

Both incidents are probably firework related.

Arkansas can be become a popular destination for doomsday sayers though ;)

Reactions: Reon
Was this bird killing in response to 1000000$ for killing bird thread?

Reactions: Saru Inc
the birds a comm'n!!! the birds a comm'n!!!

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/rwbb/About.html

The earlier extreme weather may very well have something to do with this. Maybe they migrated too late.?.?
Someone should send these folk a link.

I would follow their trail to find hints if swabbing shows nothing, but who am I? I like RWBBs.

Yeah, given the recent weather there, I strongly suspect a simple microburst; sudden hurricane/tornado force winds in a strong downdraft; that, or hail, etc. If fish and frogs can fall out of a sky naturally, so can birds.

I wouldnt be drinking any tap water in Arkansas if I lived there lol.

Reactions: slant
Yeah, given the recent weather there, I strongly suspect a simple microburst; sudden hurricane/tornado force winds in a strong downdraft; that, or hail, etc. If fish and frogs can fall out of a sky naturally, so can birds.

+1

Necropsy said blunt force trauma to internal organs. Seems likely fireworks scared them and they flew lower--hitting buildings and whatnot and then falling to their little bird deaths..

Don't think it's hail... Animals are able to detect inclement weather..so fireworks would be a death surprise. (Maybe? Maybe I'm just saying words?)

There's also something in the news about one kind of fish in the Arkansas river dying en masse...

The hell's wrong with your state, REON!?

Last edited:
It's absolutely clear that God is sending down plagues and wrath upon Arkansas, much like he did to Sodom and Gomorrah and Egypt. I suspect that the main cause of his vengence is this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNIODeec39o"]YouTube - Im From Arkansas!![/ame]

...however, these plagues are very minor. I suspect that this is because other areas of Arkansas hold saving graces that move the state more into God's favor, such as this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1DQrw_I4WY"]YouTube - Arkansas Family Renunion[/ame]

Better pray, Reon. Otherwise your poor state might fall victim to another attack.

:m107:

I have read they died before hitting the ground, from blunt trauma to internal organs... Hail? Sounds like hail is very likely. I dont think there is any connection to the fish. Dunno why, just a gut feeling.

Fish kills are pretty common.