Flavus Aquila

Finding My Place in the Sun
Banned
Mar 14, 2009
Australia
MBTI
INTJ - A
Enneagram
Someone at work was arguing that Jessie J was lip syncing during a live performance of 'Nobody's Perfect' - an artist and song I don't much care for.

It sounds as though a CD track skipped at time: 1:25

Later in the song, she reverberates the word 'no' several times - but these sound like natural reverberations - as though she was trying to cover up what happened earlier.

What do you think?

[video=youtube;yx-G_bFeHzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-G_bFeHzw[/video]

Totally sounds like it skipped. Blech, I've never heard of this girl (PREFERENCE!) :)

The "who cares" option is missing.

Jessie Whosawhatsit? I'm still stuck on Milli Vanilli...

I'd like to point out that I voted for lip-syncing before reading your post or watching the video.

Well,to me it sounds as if she was lip-syncing(and the cd skipped!)
anyway,I don't like this kind of cheating...

Watch the neck, she's singing. Also she sings slightly too close to the mic which would roll off her highs a bit and make her sightly mushy which is in fact the case. Though I hated having to put down "that's vocal talent" for the option I chose because I sort of disagree with that statement.

Keep in mind there's nothing inherently wrong with lip syncing, it's often done on awards shows and such if there is a lot of dancing in the act because it's really hard to sing and dance at the same time, is the main reason.

Huh?

Since you retired you don't make any sense.

Come to think of it, you never made much sense.

A roundabout way of saying "if you didn't care why would you bother to make this thread?"

Tbh, I don't hear anything odd at 1:25...

Have you tried listening to other versions of the song and seeing if they sound similar to this performance?

Reactions: Bird
Tbh, I don't hear anything odd at 1:25...

Have you tried listening to other versions of the song and seeing if they sound similar to this performance?

Live performances are pretty much one-offs. It just seemed to me that it sounded like a cd skipping at that point.

Live performances are pretty much one-offs. It just seemed to me that it sounded like a cd skipping at that point.

Could also be Midi, people will sequence things like back up vocals, etc a lot of times.

I think it sounds real.

I also think someone should tell her it's very
dangerous to leave the house without pants.