Videogames you are playing or played recently? | INFJ Forum

Videogames you are playing or played recently?

deivejek2|9

Community Member
Dec 21, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
I've noticed "favorite videogame" threads, but thought this one would be fun for avid gamers who want to share what they're playing with the rest of us, and maybe offer feelings on their overall gaming experiences once they've completed (or given up on) the games.

Dragon Age 1, Shogun 2, Hexen, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Wet, Borderlands, and Mount & Blade: Warband.

I can't have one game occupy me for long.

Reactions: deivejek2|9
* I'm currently playing:

The Witcher (2007) [RPG]
Deus Ex (2000) [Action/RPG]
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (2010) [Adventure]
Black Dahlia (1998) [Adventure/FMV]
F.E.A.R. (2005) [FPS/Horror]
Enslaved (2010) [Action-Adventure]
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (2010) [Fitness]

I know this looks like a lot, but I'm finally getting around to playing games that I bought years ago. :)

The Witcher is beautiful so far, but in order to play I had to download 2.5gb of patches, verify that I owned the game by entering a registration code and signing up on their website, then waiting over an hour for the patches to install. I can see why people use Steam and similar services, but I still prefer to own the discs. At least software developers seem to finally be recognizing that copy protection only hinders legitimate users of their software.

* I recently finished:

Dead Rising 2 (2010) [Action-Adventure]
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (2004) [RPG]
Drawn: Dark Flight (2010) [Adventure/Puzzle]
Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull (2010) [Adventure/Puzzle]

Dead Rising 2 was fantastic. Very similar to the original, but still good zombie bashing fun. I actually liked the prologue (Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - available in the Xbox Live Marketplace for US$5) a bit more than the actual game. Not sure why. Maybe simply because the action didn't take place in a shopping mall.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was one of the most immersive interactive gaming experiences I've had in a while. The open world and vast dialogue options, in addition to the ability to play through as various types of vampires (which significantly changes gameplay and how you interact with other characters and the environment), made it one that I will remember. Unfortunately, it's a tough game to find these days (I found my copy in a bargain bin at a used book store). However, it's still a fan favorite, and fans have continued to update/improve the game despite the company going under, so be sure to get the most recent patches if you do find it.

Drawn: Dark Flight (the second in a series) and Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull (the seventh in a series) are both hidden object/adventure hybrids (more on the adventure end of things). I liked both of them quite a bit. They were creative, fun, and challenging. 13th Skull brought back the wonders of FMV gaming (for better or worse). I love having real actors on screen, even when they can't act (that actually increases the entertainment value in my mind :)).

lol, I has minecraft account.

+ Starcraft :eek:

I tried Civ 5... but it sucked, I think I'll stick to civ 4

Reactions: bamf
Dragon Age 1, Shogun 2, Hexen, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Wet, Borderlands, and Mount & Blade: Warband.
Hexen... like the original FPS? Wow. I always meant to play that.

How is Borderlands? I keep hearing mixed thoughts on it. I'd begun playing Fallout 3 by the time it was released, and figured that would fill my FPS/RPG quota for the next couple years, so I never picked it up.

I tried Civ 5... but it sucked, I think I'll stick to civ 4
Interesting, Oranguh. I was just talking with someone this evening who said they didn't like Civ 4, so they went back to playing Civ 3. :) I wonder if this relates to the style of player and the kind of gameplay they like.

Interesting, Oranguh. I was just talking with someone this evening who said they didn't like Civ 4, so they went back to playing Civ 3. :) I wonder if this relates to the style of player and the kind of gameplay they like.

Heh I like civ 2 and 5, but didn't like 3 and 4

I'm Playing test drive unlimited 2

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hexen... like the original FPS? Wow. I always meant to play that.

How is Borderlands? I keep hearing mixed thoughts on it. I'd begun playing Fallout 3 by the time it was released, and figured that would fill my FPS/RPG quota for the next couple years, so I never picked it up.

The very same. To be honest I'm not playing it much. It's a very hard game.

Borderlands is a little more action filled than Fallout 3, but about as deep as a puddle and is getting rather boring now. Running over psychotic midgets with shotguns is only fun the first few times.

Currently obsessed with Sims 3 while listening to Master of Puppets.

So jealous! I love Sims 3, but sold it when I finally came to terms that my laptop just can't run it very well. :( I need a proper computer.

Wait wait wait~ [MENTION=1]Deathjam[/MENTION] What is the appeal in Civ 5 0.o?? It's so... soo.... not finished? (Or did they update anything from the release that made it playable?)

Anyways, it still has this very weird... "feel" to it. I do have to say that I enjoyed civ 3 as well. But civ 5? I mean really? I am confuse, explains.

Anyways I was addicted to FFH2 modpack for civ 4 :D. Ooh that reminds me the revolution modpack was also very nice!

Yea, seriously :0 epix.

The very same. To be honest I'm not playing it much. It's a very hard game.

Borderlands is a little more action filled than Fallout 3, but about as deep as a puddle and is getting rather boring now. Running over psychotic midgets with shotguns is only fun the first few times.
Yeah, but the good thing about all those old Doom-like games is that they all have cheat modes, right? ;)

Ah, that's too bad about Borderlands. I was kind of worried about that. Guess I'll hold off until the latest edition drops in price. Thanks for saving me a few quid.

So jealous! I love Sims 3, but sold it when I finally came to terms that my laptop just can't run it very well. :( I need a proper computer.

[MENTION=3361]Edith[/MENTION]

Yeah, laptops not so good with TS3. They overheat, of course, and are even problematic with WoW and DDO.
My son's friend melted her graphics card and now has the infamous blue screen of death.

Oh my gosh, I'm in so much debt from going to uni that if my laptop died there's NO WAY I could afford a new one. The thought of fucking it up terrifies me. My boyfriend plays WOW sometimes, I hope he doesn't fuck up his one because our university is mostly online stuff these days.

Minecraft, anyone???

No, but DWARF FORTRESS!

Also, Just finished my first run through dragon age 2... usually can't go back to play a story-based game twice, but this time I will.

Assassins Creed. Its about time that I played it, its awesome and highly addictive. Although the main character is an ass.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
Gran turismo 5 recently, it's really a drivers game the physics engine is fantastic and all of the cars really do feel unique and different which is saying something considering there are over 1000 of them.