Very sad INTP.... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Very sad INTP....

HAHa probably. Are INTP's like the weidest NT's?

Are INTP's weirder than INTJ's or INFJ's?

Define "weird." I guess we are tough to understand, as SJs often think "everyone is/should be the same (and an SJ)," SPs tend to think, "why don't you want to take part in all these sensory experiences ALL THE TIME WITH ME?" and NFs tend to think, "What is your motive here?"

INTJs can be tough to get along with too though, and ISTPs are probably just as difficult. ENTPs and ENFPs certainly can be CRAZY and many types will just not understand them. ENTPs in particular have problems with the dominant SJ mindset, as ENTPs want to do everything differently and then experiment with people by doing odd things that many will find insulting.

My current relationship is with an ENTP, and I love her immensely. It's a great connection as she feeds me with raw data by getting me out of the house, or some how force feeding me Ne-relevant info, and then I digest it to spit out theories of why, how, etc, sometimes in genius ways that she finds to be absolutely intriguing. "I love you for your mind" is what I hear most from her, and "I love you for your companionship/showing me the world" is what she hears most often from me (along with, "I like sex").

I screwed that up hugely. I talked about my ideas too much.

It's ok, just learn from them. I wish I had someone to tell me all of this when I screwed up with my INFJ. Trust me, you're going through a VERY similar thing as I did 5 years ago. My INFJ changed my life forever, and I felt awful that I screwed it up so bad...but I just wasn't as knowledgable as I am now: I didn't understand her. That's all it takes.

I have to take off for now though...got to catch the bus.

Additionally, and this is often a pitfall closer to the early part of the relationship then later, she has to learn that you often really, truthfully, don't have an alterior motive...that she doesn't have to be paranoid about you...that you're of a personality type that is VERY loyal in a relationship, and very honest in how you perceive the world.

This is a very valid point considering we are suspicious by nature and don't trust easily.