Ultimate Difference Between INFP and INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ultimate Difference Between INFP and INFJ

I'm totally serious. You're definitely a sensor.

Reactions: hush
I'm totally serious. You're definitely a sensor.

I guess nobody's gonna answer the question I asked in the OP, so I might as well derail the thread myself.

I've never really considered the possibility that I might be a Sensor. I'm really intrigued right now.

In fact, you're the third person who recently suggested ISTP.

Why do you think I might be ISTP?

I guess nobody's gonna answer the question I asked in the OP, so I might as well derail the thread myself.

I've never really considered the possibility that I might be a Sensor. I'm really intrigued right now.

In fact, you're the third person who recently suggested ISTP.

Why do you think I might be ISTP?

I have been reading your posts for a while and I'm pretty sure you're a sensor.

I have been reading your posts for a while and I'm pretty sure you're a sensor.

That's so weird.

I've just always assumed I was an Intuitive.

I'm kind of excited at the possibility that I might be a Sensor, but I suppose that in a semi-Sensorish way, I want to hear something concrete before I go down that path. ;)

Are there any clues you can give me, based on your observations?

These two statements are very Sensorish. Especially the first one.

Haha it's fun to watch you run in circles.

These two statements are very Sensorish. Especially the first one.

Haha it's fun to watch you run in circles.

Fun to watch me run around in circles?

Oh man, are you just trying to mess with me then, or do you really think I might be a Sensor?

I really want to know if I am. I'm really kind of liking the idea at the moment.

I particularly like the idea of being ISTP, for some reason. But I'm just really skeptical right now.

How about ISFP? Does that sound like a possibilty?

Come on, gimme something I can grab onto!

Fun to watch me run around in circles?

Oh man, are you just trying to mess with me then, or do you really think I might be a Sensor?

I really want to know if I am. I'm really kind of liking the idea at the moment.

I particularly like the idea of being ISTP, for some reason. But I'm just really skeptical right now.

Come on, gimme something I can grab onto!

Okay... I'm being 100% serious right now.

You have to be an ESTP.

hehe

Okay... I'm being 100% serious right now.

You have to be an ESTP.

hehe

Ok. I see.

You're just messing with me.

You don't really think I'm a Sensor.

UBER's probably just screwing around too. :D

Thanks for nothin ya jerks! ;)

I think I'm whatever type Bob Dylan is.

Unfortunately, the guy is typed as everything in the book.

Mainly INFP, ISFP, ISTP and INFJ, from what I've seen. Plus an occasional ENFP, but I seriously doubt that.

Ok. I see.

You're just messing with me.

You don't really think I'm a Sensor.

UBER's probably just screwing around too. :D

Types aren't as concrete as you think they are. The fact you think they are so concrete makes me believe you are a Sensor because you are absorbing information verbatim. Most of the people who are new to MBTI think they are this concrete type but as time goes on the other types start to reveal themselves and eventually they realize MBTI is sorta bullshit. They are just aspects of our personality that need to be improved upon.

So I get amused when newbies come on the forum and start asking about what type they are because over time you will probably realize that you aren't any one type in particular. That's why I was messing with you. I've noticed that often a mentally healthy person will have trouble typing themselves because all 8 functions are so well balanced. Maybe you are just a balanced person and that is why you have so much difficulty typing yourself.

If you really want to put a label on yourself for the sake of having a label my advice is don't force it. Let your MBTI type come to you.

Reactions: hush and barbad0s
Types aren't as concrete as you think they are. The fact you think they are so concrete makes me believe you are a Sensor because you are absorbing information verbatim. Most of the people who are new to MBTI think they are this concrete type but as time goes on the other types start to reveal themselves and eventually they realize MBTI is sorta bullshit. They are just aspects of our personality that need to be improved upon.

So I get amused when newbies come on the forum and start asking about what type they are because over time you will probably realize that you aren't any one type in particular. That's why I was messing with you. I've noticed that often a mentally healthy person will have trouble typing themselves because all 8 functions are so well balanced. Maybe you are just a balanced person and that is why you have so much difficulty typing yourself.

If you really want to put a label on yourself for the sake of having a label my advice is don't force it. Let your MBTI type come to you.

LOL. Man, you're too much.

I don't even know how to respond. :D

I know this stuff is not that serious.

It's not like my life depends on this. I'm just really interested in it. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
Typical ENTP response.

I thought your obnoxious pranksterism was more ENTP, actually. ;P

But I don't mean that in a negative sense. All the types are cool in their own ways ;)

And I disagree with you about typology. It's not BS.

Even though I can't figure out my own type, I believe it's a good and valid theory and it has a lot of positive potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
I thought your obnoxious pranksterism was more ENTP, actually. ;P

But I don't mean that in a negative sense. All the types are cool in their own ways ;)

1) made an aggressive statement 2) thought about how that statement may affect the listeners 3) edited the statement to digress and put a positive spin on it

Very XXFP of you. :hug:

And FYI I am a true INFJ who mirrors as an ESTP when threatened.

There's another system called VARK which tries to determine if you are visual, auditory, kinesthetic or digital in terms of your learning abilities. Making ultimate sense of any of these personality systems is difficult because personalities are not quite clear, and there's lots of conflicting data as we look back over our lives and times. For those whose primary system is verbal we get confused by all the competing claims. I think some just want to be something and then settle for that. Here's a link to a very simple VARK test. I don't think it will clarify MBTI or enneagram but at least this was one tremendously clear for me. By the way I wouldn't bother trying to do the whole test. I would just find the top system for myself, which was extremely clear for me. http://www.renewal.ca/nlp11.htm

Most of these tests are very unclear for me, because I don't see things this way. I'm trying to make sense of things and personality is far from clear. Perhaps we're trying to get at something that is too vague to have a clear outline. Still, I grant that it's very fun. I came out of course as an auditory digital. I talk to myself all day long and go over and over problemz until they make coherent sense.

based on what?

As I stated in the OP:

I have already:

[*]Taken a zillion tests

[*]read all the descriptions

[*]looked into cognitive functions

[*]checked out countless books and websites

[*]watched videos

[*]gotten feedback from others

I would add to that that I interacted as a regular poster on several typology sites for about 4 or 5 years.

And also that I posted "type me" videos and solicited people's feedback on a Johari/Nohari Window.

The point is that I've done tons of tests and researched it thoroughly. And I'm pretty sure I'm INFP or INFJ. But I'm still open to suggestions.

What I haven't done is taken an official test, administered by a "professional" and followed up with an interactive consultation.

I would love to do it, but I'm not sure it would be much different than a self-test, and I haven't found one that's affordable.

Last edited:
I would add to that that I interacted as a regular poster on several typology sites for about 4 or 5 years

So you're obviously an ISFJ. An INFP or ISFP would have let it go by now. But not you, you need closure.

My final vote: ISFJ

So you're obviously an ISFJ. An INFP or ISFP would have let it go by now. But not you, you need closure.

My final vote: ISFJ

Yes, I definitely would like some closure on it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm fairly certain I'm NOT ISFJ.

The ultimate difference is decision making thought patterns. INFJs view something from afar, make a judgment, then when they've processed it, make their final choice, and feel fairly comfortable sticking with it.

INFPs consider the many possibilities, analyze pros and cons, consider even more possibilities, stress about the consequences of each choice, make a decision reluctantly, and then second guess it later, and wonder what would've happened if they'd chosen those other options.

Reactions: Azazel