[INFJ] - Type Me + Mintoots edition | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Type Me + Mintoots edition

I genuinely fear the day when you guys start to hypothesise on my type, the conclusion being my auxilliary function is something like BS

I asked CS Joseph he said "Snep ESFP"

My reaction: "Well CS, for once I think you pretty much nailed it!"

Last edited:
I asked CS Joseph he said "Snep ESFP"

My reaction: "Well CS, for once I think you pretty much nailed it!"
giphy.gif

Omg :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'm nice in real life, I promise. Nobody really knows I think this way, save for some few individuals I work with. LOL I feel a strong need to apologize. I'm sorry for scaring you!

Hahaha! Don't apologize :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:
It's not that I think these strategies are bad or wrong, but they are so opposite yet so similar to my own strategies, that the element of surprise can be pretty overwhelming :sweatsmile: It's a real trickster. I understand, - and even appreciate the strategy in theory (for like thought experiments or board games), but I'm in some sort of denial of its existence in reality. If I were to use them irl, it would be like switching stands in a boxing match. That would significantly reduce my striking force, balance, speed and defense, so there would be no good reason for me to do that.

You are an enigma Sneppy. I don't think this forum will ever have enough data on you to type you.

I like to think of Snep as a romantic and tortured INFP who spends most of his time writing impassioned poetry about the women that have mattered in his life—but then, feeling emotionally exhausted, comes to the forum to shitpost a bit and let the pressure off.

Convincing narrative, no?

You don't think he'd cast a spell on us or fail us on the final exams on spells and potions?

That's what Snape would be capable of doing.

But don't forget that even semantically, Snep is merely 'little Snape'. He has littler powers.

I’m pretty comfortable with Te and as I grow older I engage that function more and more, in a way that I find rewarding. What about you yourself? Your Te seems just fine to me.

Deleted member 16771’s blind spot should be Fe, yet he’s shown numerous times that he can Fe just fine (whenever he’s not hating the function :D )

This “blind spot” and PoLR stuff always struck me as the worst typology theories have to offer. This is where they get dangerously close to astrology imo.

I don't think I'll ever be fully comfortable with this aspect of Te. :neutral:
That would be like being comfortable with the possibility of a great white shark sneaking up on me whenever I'm out for a swim. Ni-Te is such a shark :tearsofjoy: Ni-Fe strategy is more like a crocodile. Just laying in the same spot for ages, with an open mouth, waiting for a very thirsty individual to roll the dice. :tearsofjoy::innocent:
I'm not afraid of sharks swimming in my river, they wouldn't stand a chance. But I feel very vulnerable swimming in their open waters.

It would actually make sense that I'm emotionally immature and is over compensating a lot. I have definitely reinforced myself into a very rigid structure.

I think that Te and Fe can look and even feel very similar. Te-Fi can decide (without using Fe) that only love and understanding can save the future of the human species or whatever. Fe-Ti can decide (without using Te) that only a government controlled breeding program could save humanity.

I know very little about the Socionics, but when something makes sense to me, it just sticks, regardless of which theory it belongs to. It makes sense to me that the auxiliary function has to be reliable and can't be too flexible as it's like the GPS you have no choice but to trust, if you want to go anywhere. The more you can rely on the GPS, the more places you can go, so you want it to be working as well as possible. That means specializing in one navigational system, while ignoring "the other way" of navigating. If you grew up with a heavy built INTP big brother, the seventh function blind spot would probably stick with you as well :tearsofjoy: How can someone who understands the laws of physics so astonishingly well, be so oblivious to them at the same time? :astonished: There's something bone crushingly true about the 'blind spot'.

I think that Te and Fe can look and even feel very similar. Te-Fi can decide (without using Fe) that only love and understanding can save the future of the human species or whatever. Fe-Ti can decide (without using Te) that only a government controlled breeding program could save humanity.

Completely agree. I think this is a very important point. It also dovetails nicely with the idea of a function/opinion distinction.

If you grew up with a heavy built INTP big brother, the seventh function blind spot would probably stick with you as well :tearsofjoy: How can someone who understands the laws of physics so astonishingly well, be so oblivious to them at the same time? :astonished: There's something bone crushingly true about the 'blind spot'.

The problem is that you're generalising a particular example, which appears 'striking', into a law. This is exactly what astrology does. Personally, I am very cautious about this kind of reasoning.

I think this can look attractive as long as you don't encounter counter-examples. The problem is that there are many—indeed, too many. I gave the example of @Deleted member 16771 (Fe), myself (Te), but you could also take the example of INFPs whose Se usually seems by no means 'blind'. Heck, my brother is no stranger to Fi-Si loops, but he definitely has 'better' Se than me in a lot of ways, so much so that some people on Youtube typed him as ISFP.

I like to think of Snep as a romantic and tortured INFP who spends most of his time writing impassioned poetry about the women that have mattered in his life—but then, feeling emotionally exhausted, comes to the forum to shitpost a bit and let the pressure off.
:m130:

I never in my life shitposted anything

My heart bleeds because of this display of thine ignorance and incapability to discern the true meaning of what lies within

We all pretty much know there is a great deal that 'lies within'. The point is just that you are not averse to the occasional shitpost.

Also, what year are we talking about?

From 21 January 2017 onwards.

Hahaha! Don't apologize :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:
It's not that I think these strategies are bad or wrong, but they are so opposite yet so similar to my own strategies, that the element of surprise can be pretty overwhelming :sweatsmile: It's a real trickster. I understand, - and even appreciate the strategy in theory (for like thought experiments or board games), but I'm in some sort of denial of its existence in reality. If I were to use them irl, it would be like switching stands in a boxing match. That would significantly reduce my striking force, balance, speed and defense, so there would be no good reason for me to do that.
Machiavellianism in general is pretty repulsive to everyone I'd imagine. I know it makes me feel sick.

We should start a thread called: "Imagining Snep"
Lol.

Just laying in the same spot for ages, with an open mouth, waiting for a very thirsty individual to roll the dice. :tearsofjoy::innocent:
Lmao

How did you overcome the repulsive magnetism between 'Deleted member 16771' and---------------------------------------------------------'(Fe)' here?

Also, I still need to contribute to this properly.
<IBEBACK>