[INFJ] - Type Me + Mintoots edition | Page 17 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Type Me + Mintoots edition

The funny thing is that I hardly ever use makeup, it's like my batman suit in the far back of my closet.
I also use make up like a gear. I mean I have them for the occasions that I need them but using them everyday, not so much. I do lip and cheek tints on an almost daily basis but not the whole make up effort. When I do though, I feel pretty so I usually do it when I have meetings because beauty (and a really kind voice) really does have its leverages when trying to gain something out of negotiations (everything is a negotiation). When I was younger, I would do make up because it was a lot like painting on a canvass but I never use the exaggerated colors. I have basically scratched out my nude pallette and the blues and greens are just waiting for mold and mildew (they were gifts).

sleeping it's way to the top
Oh god, my understanding of this is totally different. I'm evil.

@Ren not to have OCD, but I feel like your shelf needs a pretty plant. Do you like plants?

Good idea. Then we can get back to typing @mintoots here . Sorry mintoots you know how nobody here can ever stay on topic. You gotta come in here and crack the whip on these distractions
I'm convinced I'm INFJ masquerading to be INTJ.
E1w2 vs E2w1 is also still on the table.

What do you think?

You are...INFJ 1w2
giphy.gif

When I was younger, I would do make up because it was a lot like painting on a canvass but I never use the exaggerated colors. I have basically scratched out my nude pallette and the blues and greens are just waiting for mold and mildew (they were gifts).

Same here.

Oh god, my understanding of this is totally different. I'm evil.

Haha, yeah that was confusing, even to me. :tearsofjoy: I was thinking more like if Fe is actually about 'emotionally sleeping it's way to the top' by selling an idea of yourself that people believe in and want to be a part of, so they will carry you to the top (not doing much of the heavy lifting yourself). This idea might be worth the efforts for those who are lifting, but it might also be the ideas of a clever lazy bum. Like, was Jesus hard working or hardly working? :grimacing: Maybe INFJs and INTJs aren't all about the wellbeing/progress of humanity after all, but about finding a way to the top - one by extreme laziness and self sacrifice - the other one by extreme efforts and self preservation? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Same here.

Haha, yeah that was confusing, even to me. :tearsofjoy: I was thinking more like if Fe is actually about 'emotionally sleeping it's way to the top' by selling an idea of yourself that people believe in and want to be a part of, so they will carry you to the top (not doing much of the heavy lifting yourself). This idea might be worth the efforts for those who are lifting, but it might also be the ideas of a clever lazy bum. Like, was Jesus hard working or hardly working? :grimacing: Maybe INFJs and INTJs aren't all about the wellbeing/progress of humanity after all, but about finding a way to the top - one by extreme laziness and self sacrifice - the other one by extreme efforts and self preservation? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I suspect that the overall goals you have are gonna be influenced more by enneagram than MBTI, since the same general thought process can lead to different motivations. But the strategy is probably more heavily MBTI-influenced. I would guess that INTJs are more about working the job and INFJs are more about working people to whatever end they have. But both can be effort-intensive, hah.

I'm convinced I'm INFJ masquerading to be INTJ.
E1w2 vs E2w1 is also still on the table.

What do you think?
I think you're definitely an Fe user, so INFJ.

Enneagram is trickier, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something very different like '9'

Reactions: flower
I think you're definitely an Fe user, so INFJ.

Enneagram is trickier, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something very different like '9'
Lol how did you go about this? I'm still really trying to figure out my enneagram. I wouldn't say I didn't consider 9. I'm still thinking about it.

Lol how did you go about this? I'm still really trying to figure out my enneagram. I wouldn't say I didn't consider 9. I'm still thinking about it.
I think the way in which you orient between group vs individual dynamics and priorities is characteristically Fe.

What was throwing me before was a personal prejudice from observations in my teaching career that Fe-users are essentially incapable of individual courage opposing groups and authority (or rather, not incapable, but highly uncorrelated), which made you an outlier which I 'solved' by imagining that you were an Fi-user instead.

However, the way you orient yourself in relation to groups I think simply must be Fe.

Your attraction to systems could be characterised as a developed Ti, and it's notable that the way you 'fight' injustice in the workplace is focused on people, their characters, and alliances rather than strategic or functional systems. You're essentially trying to mould perceptions and grow movements rather than reform structures.

Im terms of enneagram, then, this is trickier but again it's more people than action-oriented, suggesting 9 rather than 1. I think it's probably anyone's guess, though. What do you think?

Incidentally, I'm reassessing the type impressions of a few people here, mostly in the direction of moving them from Fi to Fe.

I think the way in which you orient between group vs individual dynamics and priorities is characteristically Fe.

What was throwing me before was a personal prejudice from observations in my teaching career that Fe-users are essentially incapable of individual courage opposing groups and authority (or rather, not incapable, but highly uncorrelated), which made you an outlier which I 'solved' by imagining that you were an Fi-user instead.

However, the way you orient yourself in relation to groups I think simply must be Fe.

Your attraction to systems could be characterised as a developed Ti, and it's notable that the way you 'fight' injustice in the workplace is focused on people, their characters, and alliances rather than strategic or functional systems. You're essentially trying to mould perceptions and grow movements rather than reform structures.
Yup, I'm INFJ no doubt. Thank you for actually saying this. I'm nodding in agreement.

tenor.gif

Im terms of enneagram, then, this is trickier but again it's more people than action-oriented, suggesting 9 rather than 1. I think it's probably anyone's guess, though. What do you think?
That's where I'm also lost. I could really be a 9 because I'm really just "fighting" because it's necessary. I do think of systems and structures --- i think it's more a job hazard than a mode I take naturally. Often I find myself within an organization and recognizing how a system should be corrected and if it is absolutely crucial, I almost always end up applying it. I've never worked a job where I didn't assert my position --- only once and that was my first job so I was young and unsure and enamored by my mentor. Once I realized she could be at fault, that's the only time I realized that the system had to be above the person in charge.

That's where I'm also lost. I could really be a 9 because I'm really just "fighting" because it's necessary. I do think of systems and structures --- i think it's more a job hazard than a mode I take naturally. Often I find myself within an organization and recognizing how a system should be corrected and if it is absolutely crucial, I almost always end up applying it. I've never worked a job where I didn't assert my position --- only once and that was my first job so I was young and unsure and enamored by my mentor. Once I realized she could be at fault, that's the only time I realized that the system had to be above the person in charge.

This sounds very similar to how I operate. Though I think at some level this is an INFJ thing rather than a 9 thing.
But it sounds like you do this as a way of calibrating/reforming your environment actionably towards peace, which is a 9 thing.
I don't see how an INFJ could be anything other than a 5, 4 or 9 when it comes down to it tbh
because those are the three that are pretty intrinsic to INFJ values and operations.
INFJs venture into 1 territory when they see a need for it and nobody properly at the helm
and you are in an environment where you see a lot of need for it and have the skills and grit (or just the bravery) to take the lead.
A true type 1 would just reform circumstances sort of by default and very comfortably.
I think your circumstances and life experience have pushed you in the direction of a 1.
Which is not a bad thing in itself, you've gained a lot from moving in that direction.

I think your circumstances and life experience have pushed you in the direction of a 1.
Which is not a bad thing in itself, you've gained a lot from moving in that direction
I think it's also probably why sometimes I feel like I'm suffering, because it's not exactly within my nature. So this could really be something.