[INFJ] - Type Me + Mintoots edition | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Type Me + Mintoots edition

In conclusion, Snep is right. I'm a watermelon.
giphy.gif

Would anyone be interested in a thread on the darksides of mbti types? I think it's a really interesting topic but I don't know much about it.
Good idea. Then we can get back to typing @mintoots here . Sorry mintoots you know how nobody here can ever stay on topic. You gotta come in here and crack the whip on these distractions

Would anyone be interested in a thread on the darksides of mbti types? I think it's a really interesting topic but I don't know much about it.

NOT self-advertising but

It's a good path to think about the aesthetic, because I think it's a much underappreciated indicator of type preferences. With INTJs, - and probably with me, as you pick up - we're trying to define a singular aesthetic, probably one which we've been chasing and refining our whole lives. It's the dance of Ni and Fi, which Te will try to figure out by systematising and formalising the whole thing under various structures. By contrast to convergent Ni, Ne will more happily explore different (often wildly different) themes and ideas. I'm not sure how INFJs work aesthetically.

For instance, I've been obsessed with the perfect shade of taupe for probably about ten years, which is part of a colour system involving biscuit/electrum and blue.

"I've been obsessed with the perfect shade of taupe for probably about ten years" :dizzy: Wow, me too! That would be 20 years for me actually. I discovered makeup (or more so the power of manipulation) when I was about 13. With the perfect shade of taupe, I would have been able to manipulate almost any facial feature. Back then, makeup was about 'enhancing features' and adding color - not about lying. Still to this day, I would swap a thousand precious makeup products for that one product of the perfect shade of taupe - the color of credible lies. The funny thing is that I hardly ever use makeup, it's like my batman suit in the far back of my closet.

This made me (much involuntarily) wonder if Fe is actually about "sleeping it's way to the top" - by that I mean tricking people into carrying you to the top while you yourself is sleeping. :neutral:

Still to this day, I would swap a thousand precious makeup products for that one product of the perfect shade of taupe - the color of credible lies.

:laughing:

This made me (much involuntarily) wonder if Fe is actually about "sleeping it's way to the top" - by that I mean tricking people into carrying you to the top while you yourself is sleeping. :neutral:

More like charming/seducing your way to the top. But I get what you are saying.

Of course in healthier instances, Fe can be about getting to the top by being a good leader of people.

"I've been obsessed with the perfect shade of taupe for probably about ten years" :dizzy: Wow, me too! That would be 20 years for me actually. I discovered makeup (or more so the power of manipulation) when I was about 13. With the perfect shade of taupe, I would have been able to manipulate almost any facial feature. Back then, makeup was about 'enhancing features' and adding color - not about lying. Still to this day, I would swap a thousand precious makeup products for that one product of the perfect shade of taupe - the color of credible lies. The funny thing is that I hardly ever use makeup, it's like my batman suit in the far back of my closet.

Lmao. 'The colour of credible lies'

I'm not sure our reasoning is the same, but at least we agree on something, lol.