[INFJ] - Type Me + Mintoots edition | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Type Me + Mintoots edition

Oh my! Hahaha I don't know what to react! I really should start thinking about INTJ now but I really have been exposed to many INTJs in my life. Apart from my best friends, my mentor with whom I had and still have a complex, wounded, but healed relationship with was also a female INTJ. She was biggest influence apart from my mom. She used to lock me in wine nights to strategize about world domination. She had so many personal issues and I was mentally abused to a certain degree but she did impart a very good skill to me. I was both her adversary and her confidant so either I was really like her or I echoed her so much. One key difference we both had was that she was all about what was wrong and right in the system and I was about my students. One thing I questioned about her approach was that at times it sacrificed the welfare of our students and that it was completely antithetical to the culture and system we were trying to put up. With her I learned that leadership is not about just setting systems, it's about making sure people are invested in working with the leader to changing it. Neglecting people was her biggest mistake and I earned the empathy of my colleagues and soon that caused a rift between us. She always muttered how she doesn't understand how I could get people to follow me whereas she often had to use fear. She called me sanguine-choleric LMAO and attributed it to the fact that my mum was ENFJ.

When I read that INFJs were chameleons, I understood on a deeper level. Several of my colleagues are INTPs and they have a way with information that fascinates me and I actively try to embody it because I recognize it as a good trait. It's the same with my INTJ friends and mentor -- I see their discipline and their mind first structure and I can really see the strengths of that in the workplace so I have been actively trying to embody that. When my feelings take over me, that's when I'm very stressed and I cease functioning and I can't have them. Ultimately, I am learning now that I must choose my feelings to a certain degree to keep myself balanced. Otherwise, I'm going to lose my mind. By that, I think I'm INFJ. Hahahhaa I don't know if my defense made sense, but yeah.
Hey, min, the colleague I fought the industrial dispute at my school with is INTJ, and at the time I thought I was INFJ in comparison to him (in fact we both took the test, and he came out INTJ, me INFJ).

He was older, much more 'strategic' and ruthless, whereas I was more idealistic and willing to make good-faith agreements with our 'enemies'. There was an occasion where I demolished the assistant principal in a debate about policy in front of the entire staff - I was cool and rational, he was shaking and never took to the stage again. Afterwards, though, I made conciliatory moves to make sure he understood that it wasn't personal; that is was just about the policies, and we had some pleasant, respectful exchanges.

I thought this was Fe in action, and it was by comparison with my INTJ 'mentor' that I saw myself as INFJ... but really it was probably just one kind of INTJ and another. It's why we got on so well - we thought in the same way, but he was more cynical than me.

I think maybe you're making a similar kind of comparison with your mentor, making big conclusions out of small differences.

The 'chameleon' thing, though... nope, that's not me.

This is new to me although in one of many tests I took, I did come out as INTJ. I do relate with several descriptions of the INTJ personality but I don't use spreadsheets as much --- ok maybe I do use them to a certain degree. Am I really INTJ?

If so, i'd like to attack this from a different point of view. Which of my traits strike you as definitely not INFJ?

I'm going to mention @Deleted member 16771 and @Infjente for the specific reason that we're discussing it but I'm hoping to hear from others too.

I think INFJ makes more sense than INTJ.. especially after reading about your experiences with your mentor.
I agree with you.

After I read this: https://psychologia.co/intj-vs-infj/

I dinged more with INFJ traits, i.e. idealizing people, focus on humanity, good communication.

I do hate small talk -- it drains me to death -- but if I have to, I put up with it. Mostly I put up with it because I think of it as an ally-collection program but also sometimes because I genuinely like most people. It takes a while before I lose my respect for people and even then I am willing to forgive. This gives me a broad set of friends but I have to admit, I have favorites whom I trust and would cuddle with. A lot of people in this forum are very huggable, btw.

Last edited:
Competency and power are two very different things. It always fascinates me to find that some of the most powerful people are hardly the most competent, but those who are competent can easily be more powerful than those who are in power. If you have both competence and power, your responsibility and accountability multiplies by ten folds. Having both without integrity is a recipe for dystopia.
Bruh

Reactions: flower and Infjente
You may or may not read Sun Tzu, but here we discuss tactics and strategies about getting what you want. Goals. Pieces of advice. Tips. Rules. All in the name of winning for an agenda or finding a compromise. People use the art of war for anything. What about using the art of war for specific MBTIs? This thread is open for discussion, wars, or needs for advice. Sometimes MBTI, but always about the art of war. Any war.

Let me begin. Respect your opponent. Do not make the mistake of underestimating them. Watch them without arrogance.

My opponent is a self-centered extroverted feeler. When your opponent is a self-centered extroverted feeler, let them think the world is their stage. Move swiftly and quietly. Make sure they notice themselves and only them selves. Nonetheless, do not forget your boundaries. Build walls. Do not think they are incapable of being cunning. On the contrary, any selfish person regardless of MBTI is dangerous. Any selfish person will notice you because any other apart from themselves is an opponent to them. Do not let them detect that you are watching, but watch thoroughly.
Bruuh

Reactions: flower and Infjente
Bad news @mintoots
You're a terrible huggable infj too.
You're just a little on the mature and motivated side of the field.
Not a bad place to be.

I agree with you.

After I read this: https://psychologia.co/intj-vs-infj/

I dinged more with INFJ traits, i.e. idealizing people, focus on humanity, good communication.

I do hate small talk -- it drains me to death -- but if I have to, I put up with it. Mostly I put up with it because I think of it as an ally-collection program but also sometimes because I genuinely like most people. It takes a while before I lose my respect for people and even then I am willing to forgive. This gives me a broad set of friends but I have to admit, I have favorites whom I trust and would cuddle with. A lot of people in this forum are very huggable, btw.

The thing is, you are encouraging those who claim INTJ by deliberately not taking a firm stance. They will continue to make those suggestions until you have decided what fits you best. Of course, you can continue discussing various theories if you want, but it seems clear to me that this will go nowhere. The arguments for INTJ have made no progress substance-wise since the very first time I saw them, simply because there is no such substance to be extracted from your posts apart from a vague sense of 'motivational Te' or whatever that might be.

It's the usual confusion between function and opinion. An INFJ could have posts whose content is all about the 'typical INTJ themes' (competence, responsibility, blablabla) and still be extremely INFJ all the same. Your opinions might sound like Te or Fi or whatever, which is why you are given various past quotes to consider; but your functions as you express them interpersonally on the forum are pretty much Fe to the core. I don't need the help of divine revelation to see that there is a common pattern between Hos's and Odyne's interpersonal modes of behaviour, but that your interpersonal mode of behaviour has far more in common with people like Jenny, April, Misty or any other 'strong Fe' INFJ.

The discussion has been going on for so long that nobody is able to take a step back anymore and simply recognise the fact you are a feeler. This is a consequence of too much discussion and focus on details at the expense of taking a step back to see the big picture.

My instinct is that you are enjoying being theorised as being of different types by different people (and they are enjoying playing with ideas and theorising you), and that this is why you're keeping the conversation going.* You already know you are INFJ, but you can't quite settle. Which is very common among INFJs. It also reveals that you enjoy attention, which is very Type 2. :kissingheart:

*I myself may have been guilty of that at some point in the past ( :

Last edited:
The thing is, you are encouraging those who claim INTJ by deliberately not taking a firm stance. They will continue to make those suggestions until you have decided what fits you best.
MBTI is like the Sorting Hat and takes your own opinion into account?:m194:

The thing is, you are encouraging those who claim INTJ by deliberately not taking a firm stance. They will continue to make those suggestions until you have decided what fits you best. Of course, you can continue discussing various theories if you want, but it seems clear to me that this will go nowhere. The arguments for INTJ have made no progress substance-wise since the very first time I saw them, simply because there is no such substance to be extracted from your posts apart from a vague sense of 'motivational Te' or whatever that might be.

It's the usual confusion between function and opinion. An INFJ could have posts whose content is all about the 'typical INTJ themes' (competence, responsibility, blablabla) and still be extremely INFJ all the same. Your opinions might sound like Te or Fi or whatever, which is why you are given various past quotes to consider; but your functions as you express them interpersonally on the forum are pretty much Fe to the core. I don't need the help of divine revelation to see that there is a common pattern between Hos's and Odyne's interpersonal modes of behaviour, but that your interpersonal mode of behaviour has far more in common with people like Jenny, April, Misty or any other 'strong Fe' INFJ.

The discussion has been going on for so long that nobody is able to take a step back anymore and simply recognise the fact you are a feeler. This is a consequence of too much discussion and focus on details at the expense of taking a step back to see the big picture.

My instinct is that you are enjoying being theorised as being of different types by different people (and they are enjoying playing with ideas and theorising you), and that this is why you're keeping the conversation going.* You already know you are INFJ, but you can't quite settle. Which is very common among INFJs. It also reveals that you enjoy attention, which is very Type 2. :kissingheart:

*I myself may have been guilty of that at some point in the past ( :
Hahahaha :relaxed:
You get me

Interesting. I haven't visited this thread in a while.
@mintoots – Ren gave good advice in the last part you quoted.
My closest friend is an INTJ and she only figured it out by taking the official paid test. If it is that important to you to know your type, it's worth taking. I won't go into describing my friend in detail here, but she seems like an INFJ, INFP (due to well-developed Fi) and INTJ wrapped up into one person. For a while she hovered on INFJ, but said it didn't really fit and she didn't take MBTI seriously. The popular descriptions of INTJ on the free sites didn't describe her well. She secretly took the official test and she claimed it was "life changing" and the description fit her perfectly.

Last edited:
Interesting. I haven't visited this thread in a while.
@mintoots – Ren gave good advice in the last part you quoted.
My closest friend is an INTJ and she only figured it out by taking the official paid test. If it is that important to you to know your type, it's worth taking. I won't go into describing my friend in detail here, but she seems like an INFJ, INFP (due to well-developed Fi) and INTJ wrapped up into one person. For a while she hovered on INFJ, but said it didn't really fit and she didn't take MBTI seriously. She has Ni. The popular descriptions of INTJ on the free sites didn't describe her well. She secretly took the official test and she claimed it was "life changing" and the description fit her perfectly.

Good advice, Asa.

As long as she doesn't ask C.S. Joseph :D