• ESFP

• ENFP

• ENTP

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

• ENTJ

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m disappointed. You’re an intelligent man who I know has opinions on all subjects.
I comment when I have an informed opinion. I would think you want me to comment when I felt I had relevant information with which to make a judgment rather than just saying whatever popped into my head.

Interesting topic! And not so straightforward as it might seem....

In order to reach my final verdict, I have a question for you HP: are you usually an "on time" or a "late" kind of person - and if the second, how late? :D

I comment when I have an informed opinion. I would think you want me to comment when I felt I had relevant information with which to make a judgment rather than just saying whatever popped into my head.
I'm with EH here.

That said, I think I know a way to obtain the needed information. The source I'm thinking of is knowledgeable, but perhaps not too objective in this case.. oh well. It'll have to do.

ID, care to answer a few questions about HP? :D

I'm with EH here.

That said, I think I know a way to obtain the needed information. the source I'm thinking of is knowledgeable, but perhaps not too objective in this case.. oh well. It'll have to do.

You might as well start stalking her posts, lol. Beginning with the AMA.

Edit: Too much?

Last edited:
Interesting topic! And not so straightforward as it might seem....

In order to reach my final verdict, I have a question for you HP: are you usually an "on time" or a "late" kind of person - and if the second, how late? :D

I am watching this line of questioning very closely monsieur.

INTP will silently judge you if you've made some silly assumption about Ps being prone to lateness. :uhyeahsure:

I'm with EH here.

That said, I think I know a way to obtain the needed information. The source I'm thinking of is knowledgeable, but perhaps not too objective in this case.. oh well. It'll have to do.

I am Happy to answer any reasonable question, to the best of my extensive knowledge of this situation. :innocent:

I am watching this line of questioning very closely monsieur.

INTP will silently judge you if you've made some silly assumption about Ps being prone to lateness. :uhyeahsure:

You make it all about you. But I should not be surprised by this self-centeredness coming from a P!

I know you meant that as a joke Ren, but now I'm actually wondering if some types are more prone to self-centeredness, and if so, what cognitive functions or letters do these types have in common?

Let's get this out of the way first :p
Definition of self-centeredness: putting themselves first, only caring about their needs and wants, being unable to see another’s perspective, being uncaring of others.

I know you meant that as a joke Ren, but now I'm actually wondering if some types are more prone to self-centeredness, and if so, what cognitive functions or letters do these types have in common.

I hope it was seen as a joke!

Regarding your question: it's an interesting one. I think we'd inevitably have to rely on broad conceptions of types/functions to formulate hypotheses. A guy I used to chat to on reddit had an interesting perspective: he said that indeed, it all depends on perspective. Maybe Fe, from Fi's point of view, is self-centered in seeking external approbation; whereas maybe Fi, from Fe's point of view, is self-centered in remaining adamant about its values, away from external scrutiny.

Don't really know about the other functions and how they potentially impact self-centeredness. ID, any perspective on this as an expert function analyst?

I hope it was seen as a joke!

Regarding your question: it's an interesting one. I think we'd inevitably have to rely on broad conceptions of types/functions to formulate hypotheses. A guy I used to chat to on reddit had an interesting perspective: he said that indeed, it all depends on perspective. Maybe Fe, from Fi's point of view, is self-centered in seeking external approbation; whereas maybe Fi, from Fe's point of view, is self-centered in remaining adamant about its values, away from external scrutiny.

Don't really know about the other functions and how they potentially impact self-centeredness. ID, any perspective on this as an expert function analyst?

Generally speaking, I think your friend from Reddit hit the nail on the head. :wink: As "outsiders" we can never really know the totality of other people - their thoughts, feelings and experiences. We can only know what they communicate directly, along with what we perceive (said perceptions being colored by our own experiences, aptitudes, values etc). In brief, what is perceived as "selfish" to one person may seem perfectly rational to another and vice versa.

I think it's easy for people to view Introverted functions as more "self-centered" because the logic easily follows - Ti, Fi and Ni (perhaps to a lesser extent, Si) are very personal and often private cognitive processes, relying heavily on self-input, and operating within frameworks set by the self. As such they are less knowable and harder for others to understand, and thus are easy targets for criticism by others. That said, Extroverted functions can also convey a self-centered affect (i.e. Fe as "manipulative," Te as "bossy," Ne as "irresponsible," Se as "reckless"). So the answer probably lies within the individual, and not with any particular type or grouping of functions.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit controversial but it could also be that whoever exemplifies our inferior function is likely to be perceived as self-centered, at first, unless we get to know them better. Though this would require learning many more people's types if it's to go anywhere regards review or corroboration. So yes this would imply the answer lies within the individual except for extreme examples.

Maybe a bit controversial but it could also be that whoever exemplifies our inferior function is likely to be perceived as self-centered, at first, unless we get to know them better. Though this would require learning many more people's types if it's to go anywhere regards review or corroboration. So yes this would imply the answer lies within the individual except for extreme examples.

That's some great food for thought. Maybe most people tend to view their inferior function with disdain because it can often manifest as their greatest apparent weakness. So when we see someone else emphasizing it (with a mastery we can never attain) our own negative attitudes are projected onto them.

:hmmm:

That's some great food for thought. Maybe most people tend to view their inferior function with disdain because it can often manifest as their greatest apparent weakness. So when we see someone else emphasizing it (with a mastery we can never attain) our own negative attitudes are projected onto them.

Couldn't have worded it better myself and yes that was the underlying thought process. This with distinguishing the perceived from "true" self-centered[ness] which would imply malicious intent and the willingness to harm others if it benefits one's own goals (such as what this guy did) - adding because there was no reference given in my original post.

Fe as "manipulative,"

"manipulative"

6730cc209fba4180f7cb98873b88acdc.jpg

You're gonna be late anyway, P
We were twenty minutes early. lol

Also if I were an INFP my posts would be walls of text instead of a few sentences. I’m blunt and usually get my points across quickly. No time for blah blah blah and I’m extremely career focused and anyone who gets in my way is mowed over and disregarded so @Pin is probably correct. On the other hand I’m very housewifey, love belonging to women’s business organizations and the PTA so @Icedream could also be correct with ESFJ! The possibilities are endless!

Last edited: