Two sides of self-control | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Two sides of self-control

I appreciate the help, but this all seems very far-fetched. I've never heard of such powders.
I sometimes have low energy, but that's logically related to either not eating enough or eating too much in once (digestive system takes up all energy). I have neither excessive weight, hunger cravings or even the slightest of anorexia. I'm quite healthy, but I could do with some exercising.

It was just a possible cause. You seem to be quite concerned about it, not that you're going on some sort of humble brag type thing. ;)

I have a lot of male friends who workout quite a lot- most of them take a pre-workout. Prework.jpg

It's a combination of arginine (which also gives men rock hard erections FYI), amino acids and other vitamins to help repair muscle tears. It comes in powder form to put into drinks or smoothies and men drink it before their workout, hence why it's called Pre-Workout.

To extinguish or abate some behaviors does not automatically reinforce others.

Yup, except self-control encompasses both in most literature.

The literature I've read indicates that learning theory shapes (no pun intended) and is facilitated by cognitive processes. How, where, and to what extent is, of course, still up in the air and hotly debated by the varying psychological perspectives.

With that said, in most situations that I have personally designed or witnessed, effective conditioning can be done quietly and without referencing the organism's perceived amount of willpower. Awareness of ratio strain and the mindful application of the matching law is the winz.

The literature I've read indicates that learning theory shapes (no pun intended) and is facilitated by cognitive processes. How, where, and to what extent is, of course, still up in the air and hotly debated by the varying psychological perspectives.

With that said, in most situations that I have personally designed or witnessed, effective conditioning can be done quietly and without referencing the organism's perceived amount of willpower. Awareness of ratio strain and the mindful application of the matching law is the winz.

I understand the first two sentences, but have no clue how it relates to any of the rest of the topic. So maybe I don't actually understand them.
The third sentence: Are you saying that willpower is overrated?
Not a clue what your fourth sentence means.

I echo [MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION].

You can use Temperance in exchange of negative self control,
and Fortitude in exchange of positive self control.

Thus, given that they are two different things, [MENTION=4108]Radiant Shadow[/MENTION] is correct; improving one does not mean the other also got reinforced.

However, I echo your plight. I think I'm very bad at either but my fortitude is worse than my own temperance.
Fighting temptation is hard but for me it's harder to soldier through it.