Turn a Liberal POV into a Conservative POV | INFJ Forum

Turn a Liberal POV into a Conservative POV

S

Shai Gar

You can't change the point of view, just the words used to explain/describe it.

I found this on Facebook. It's a very Liberal viewpoint. Use your "Spin Doctor" skills to try and make this appear to be a conservative viewpoint. Use good arguments if you can.

Please ignore spelling mistakes.

Abortion: It should be fully legal. It is part of the woman, and is completely her choice.

Affirmative Action: Strongly against. Why should you be given an advantage just because you are a certain way that has no biological basis?

Alternative Fuels: We need to do so much more to advance the use of alternative fuels. The methods and materials are just sitting there waiting...

Capital Punishment: Strongly against. Why should you be put out of your misery?

Censorship: Censorship is not needed. If you dont want to see it, don't look at it. Don't blame it on someone else.

Education: Too complicated to quickly explain. It could be doing much better.

Electoral College: The purpose of it is outdated.

Flag Burning: Who cares if you burn a flag, its a peice of fabric. I dont care if it is "offensive". Albeit, I think it is highly immature to flag burn.

Foreign Policy: Our administration is to heavily based on this. We need to get out of this "war" and start focusing on problems at home before we completely tank.

Free Trade: "Free trade" cant exsist, and causes more problems then it can help with.

Gay Rights: Gays are not any different from anyone else, and should be given the exact same rights as any normal person.

Global Warming: Currently the most important issue to me. Im sorry, but if you dont believe in it, you are a fucking moron. The data is EVERYWHERE. So are the visible environmental changes.

Globalization: The idea of globalization scares me...

Gun Control: For it. People should be allowed to have guns, but certain ones should be outlawed. You dont need some gigantic machine gun. Extensive background checks and wait periods are needed.

Healthcare: People should have guaranteed health care BUT, have the option to go private if they have the ability.

Illegal Immigration: This problem needs to be fixed; it is hurting our economy and is throwing our culture askew. Unless you are here legally, contributing to society in a positive way, you need to go.

Marijuana Legalization: Should be legal. It is portrayed in a bad way and, its not a gateway drug to everyone, only to people with a weak personality that let it run away. Really, I think most natural drugs should be legal.

Media Bias: It impossible to remove it, so there is no point in trying to fix it. It is simply human nature. Just find the news that fits you.

Minimum Wage: Needs to be raised. How much I'm not 100% sure.

Outsourcing: against it, it damages us in the long run, and it is slowly beginning to show.

Right to Die: If someone wants to die, why deny the right? It's not like suicide happens already.

School Prayer: Religion of any kind has no place to be presented like this in a public school.

Separation of Church and State: Needs to be strictly enforced, no religion at all, whether its Christianity, Judaism, Islam, whatever. It is already trying to squeak in, and needs to be stopped.

Social Security: I don't know how to fix it, I just know it needs to be fixed.

Stem Cell Research: Completely for it. If youre stopping stem cell research, you are stopping science. I am completely for (any kind of) stem cell research, not nearly enough is being done.

Taxes: Simple, the rich need to be taxed more, the poor less. If you make a million dollars, you can still VERY easily survive with a 50% tax.

Unions: I personally would never join one ever. But I see nothing wrong with them.

United Nations: It is not used enough. The current administration is all about brute force and violence, which olny leads to more conflict.

War in Iraq: The longer we stay, the more our economy will tank. We have to stop being the police of the world.

Welfare: Should be used of course. However, after a period of time it should be terminated so it is not abused. Inspectors should be included to make sure of this.

Wiretapping: against it. Invasion of privacy, we don't need it. This is basiclly the patriot act, which is a blatant disregard for human rights.

The last forty years have heard the same opinions trundled out again and again:
Abortion: It should be fully legal. It is part of the woman, and is completely her choice.

Affirmative Action: Strongly against. Why should you be given an advantage just because you are a certain way that has no biological basis?

Alternative Fuels: We need to do so much more to advance the use of alternative fuels. The methods and materials are just sitting there waiting...

Capital Punishment: Strongly against. Why should you be put out of your misery?

Censorship: Censorship is not needed. If you dont want to see it, don't look at it. Don't blame it on someone else.

Education: Too complicated to quickly explain. It could be doing much better.

Electoral College: The purpose of it is outdated.

Flag Burning: Who cares if you burn a flag, its a peice of fabric. I dont care if it is "offensive". Albeit, I think it is highly immature to flag burn.

Foreign Policy: Our administration is to heavily based on this. We need to get out of this "war" and start focusing on problems at home before we completely tank.

Free Trade: "Free trade" cant exsist, and causes more problems then it can help with.

Gay Rights: Gays are not any different from anyone else, and should be given the exact same rights as any normal person.

Global Warming: Currently the most important issue to me. Im sorry, but if you dont believe in it, you are a fucking moron. The data is EVERYWHERE. So are the visible environmental changes.

Globalization: The idea of globalization scares me...

Gun Control: For it. People should be allowed to have guns, but certain ones should be outlawed. You dont need some gigantic machine gun. Extensive background checks and wait periods are needed.

Healthcare: People should have guaranteed health care BUT, have the option to go private if they have the ability.

Illegal Immigration: This problem needs to be fixed; it is hurting our economy and is throwing our culture askew. Unless you are here legally, contributing to society in a positive way, you need to go.

Marijuana Legalization: Should be legal. It is portrayed in a bad way and, its not a gateway drug to everyone, only to people with a weak personality that let it run away. Really, I think most natural drugs should be legal.

Media Bias: It impossible to remove it, so there is no point in trying to fix it. It is simply human nature. Just find the news that fits you.

Minimum Wage: Needs to be raised. How much I'm not 100% sure.

Outsourcing: against it, it damages us in the long run, and it is slowly beginning to show.

Right to Die: If someone wants to die, why deny the right? It's not like suicide happens already.

School Prayer: Religion of any kind has no place to be presented like this in a public school.

Separation of Church and State: Needs to be strictly enforced, no religion at all, whether its Christianity, Judaism, Islam, whatever. It is already trying to squeak in, and needs to be stopped.

Social Security: I don't know how to fix it, I just know it needs to be fixed.

Stem Cell Research: Completely for it. If youre stopping stem cell research, you are stopping science. I am completely for (any kind of) stem cell research, not nearly enough is being done.

Taxes: Simple, the rich need to be taxed more, the poor less. If you make a million dollars, you can still VERY easily survive with a 50% tax.

Unions: I personally would never join one ever. But I see nothing wrong with them.

United Nations: It is not used enough. The current administration is all about brute force and violence, which olny leads to more conflict.

War in Iraq: The longer we stay, the more our economy will tank. We have to stop being the police of the world.

Welfare: Should be used of course. However, after a period of time it should be terminated so it is not abused. Inspectors should be included to make sure of this.

Wiretapping: against it. Invasion of privacy, we don't need it. This is basiclly the patriot act, which is a blatant disregard for human rights.

While these sentiments may have worked for a couple of generation quickly approaching retirement, new values need to be adopted if the challenges of the future will be adequately met. As laudable as they have been, the times are past when we can continue failing to review the quaint and luxurious practices of our forebearers; practices such as: forcing women to abandon their status of having charge of domestic life and having the ultimate say in the rearing of children - all for the purpose of lightening the financial responsibility of male workers…

[FONT=&quot](there are too many points to spin – and I’m tired, but you get the drift?)[/FONT]

Nope, not what I meant.

I mean take each one, or a few of each, and turn the same sentiment for each and everyone of them, or a few of each, and make that same sentiment SOUND like a conservative point of view.

I can't bring myself to do that kind of spin-doctoring - type weakness.

But I would like to see other's spins in the said opinions.

It's for my political campaigns. I want to take good values, and spin them for the morons who consider themselves conservatives.

It's to make the world a good place. Can your ethics swing that?

Ethics is not the problem - type is. I am not conservative - in fact conservatives are the bane of my life. I frigging hate the way they will bring up an accurate record of how things have been done on a particular date for the last 25 years.

You can't fake what they crave: mindless adherence to the status quo, regardless of whether the status quo is good/bad/indifferent.

The only way to get a conservative to favour a liberal is if the threat of total social upheaval looms large, so that they are willing to sacrifice a few changes for the sake of preserving the larger part.

It is impossible for me to spin a liberal opinion (liberal in relation to the current practice) to make it credible to a true dyed in the wool conservative. It is impossible, because I am interested in what is best/works best, not in what has been done up to this point.

UNLESS, you simply fabricate 'evidence' or 'statistics' or 'facts' - but the chances of this back-firing are almost 100%, even if the lie were so big that it would be difficult to accept as anything but true.

Well...I can say I used to be a Democrat in my early years, then I became a Republican during the latter half of the Reagan years. And now I'm a Libertarian. Sooo...I might be able to answer your challenge, Shai. I'll probably find it uncomfortable, but I can do it.

Give me a few hours, while I'm at work. :D

Yucky, this is difficult. I'll put some, but I might not put all. We'll see how it goes. **OOPS**

I misunderstood the assignment, I think. Not changing the wording is pretty impossible. You have to in order to make the situation sound like its making sense, IMO...

Anyway. Some examples below, but it's not what you wanted.

***DISCLAIMER***: Just because I wrote these things down does not mean I believe in all, or any of them.

Abortion: It should be illegal. The baby has a right to live as much as the mother, and preventing a child from living is akin to infanticide. It's no different killing the baby outside of the womb, as it is inside the womb.

Affirmative Action: (Wait, Shai: Conservatives are against affirmative action. At least they are in the States...).

Alternative Fuels: We need to stop using so many of our resources looking for alternative fuels that take too much money to create. We should use this money more for offshore drilling, which is a guaranteed way to harvest our energy needs. Besides, we haven't begun to tap all the resources open to us with offshore drilling.

Capital Punishment: Capital punishment is a must. Criminals on the street must have an example of what could happen if they break the law to the uttermost. Without capital punishment laws in place, crime will run rampant in the streets - and everyone would get away with breaking more important laws because they can get away with it.

Censorship: We need to make sure certain things are kept from our enemies. Our enemies do not need to know where our military is located, and nor does the average public. We need to secure our borders, and that includes our intellectual and internet borders.

Education: Our educational system has flaws, but if we got down to the basics and took back the government control from our education system, parents could make sure their children learn to read, write, and multiply at home. Statistics show that the most successful students are home schooled - plus, it saves the government from putting money into failing liberal educational programs.

Electoral College: ((I'm not touching this one))

Flag Burning: We need to respect our country and respect what our soldiers have done for us, on and off the field. Burning the flag is tantamount to hating everything our soldiers have done and everything this country stands for.

Foreign Policy: ((Don't feel like answering this one either))

Free Trade: ((Or this one))

Gay Rights: If we allow gay marriage, it will mean the end of our society. Rome fell in part because they allowed homosexual relationships. Also, insurance rates and premiums will go up across the board as we allow same sex couples with similar rights to married couples. And what about adoption? What kind of moral teachings does that prove? The only way to have a healthy familial relationship is to have one man and one woman together. It's morally improper to have gays and lesbians marrying.

Global Warming: There is no data indicating that the Greenhouse Effect is conclusive in creating our atmospheric conditions. You can check the charts from earlier in this century, and discover that we've actually had cooler weather conditions than people have had over the early part of this century. Global Warming is a myth perpetuated by the Liberal media to force us into one mass global government.

Globalization: ((Meh))

Okay, I'm done for now. I'll get to some others later. My brain hurts.

Last edited:
No. Change the wording all you want. Don't change the sentiment.

Even if conservatives are dead against it, that's a challenge to rewrite to make it something they'd be dead for.

No. Change the wording all you want. Don't change the sentiment.

Even if conservatives are dead against it, that's a challenge to rewrite to make it something they'd be dead for.

So does this work so far, or am I off? I can keep going - but I'll probably do more later tonight.

You're way WAY off.

What you're doing is taking the topic and writing the neocon point of view.
You're not making the liberal sentiment appear to be a conservative point of view. You're replacing the liberal sentiment with a conservative sentiment.

It has to STAY a liberal sentiment.

You're way WAY off.

What you're doing is taking the topic and writing the neocon point of view.
You're not making the liberal sentiment appear to be a conservative point of view. You're replacing the liberal sentiment with a conservative sentiment.

It has to STAY a liberal sentiment.

Aaaaah. Okay. Like I said, I misunderstood what you were saying. If you want a liberal spin, that's a whole 'nother issue, and actually that might be easier. I'll think about it some more and (maybe) get back to you.

Yeah, I know it's extremely hard... Which is why it's a Shai Gar Challenge.

Examples:

On Abortion
Original Liberal said:
Spun Conservative said:
Abortion: Big Government is the pawn of the Liberals. It's an over spending monstrosity that attempts to enforce immoral behaviour onto its citizens. The actions of a man are between him and his God, not the state. Sinners will rot in hell, it's not mans place to judge. Matthew 7: 1-5

On Affirmative Action
Original Liberal said:
Spun Conservative said:
Affirmative Action: Strongly against. Jobs and Opportunities should be won on merit rather than filling a government issued quota.

On Alternative Fuels
Original Liberal said:
Spun Conservative said:
Alternative Fuels: Reusable Energy is cheaper in long term, and we can still charge the same rate. Men who lose their jobs can be retrained for a new infrastructure, freeing up resources and talent for more construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im making a stab at it but should really be studying so gimme a while,interesting concept

Making Liberal positions sound like Conservative positions? I'll give it a shot. The only problem is that you can't twist free market ideology because it is a core conservative value, but free market ideology can be utilized to spin other views.

Abortion: If a parent cannot demonstrate the restraint or responsibility necessary to avoid getting pregnant before they are capable of raising a child, then society would be at no loss if they were allowed to stop spreading their genes.

(Shai, Conservatives are against affirmative action and Liberals are for it.)

Affirmative Action: Minorities are statistically shown to commit more crime most likely due to a lack of work ethic. The logical conclusion is that they need to learn work ethic and the only way to accomplish that is by ensuring that they are employed despite their shortcomings.

Alternative Fuels: The market for alternative fuels has long been hindered by government interference which has allowed inferior fuels like gasoline to gain a virtual monopoly.

Capital Punishment: Capital Punishment costs too much. (easy)

Censorship: People can exercise personal responsibility in what they view and it is an affront to self reliance that the government should decide for people what they can and cannot see.

Education: If people are just taught how to take care of themselves, then it will save everyone in the long run.

Electoral College: It is an inefficient system.

Flag Burning: People are entitled to do what they want with their own property.

Foreign Policy: War only makes sense when it increases production at home, not when we have to borrow money from China to do it.

Free Trade: (free trade is a core conservative principle and can't be spun)

Gay Rights: If a certain group of people wants to practice an unhealthy lifestyle that puts them at a greater risk for extinction, then they should be free to do so and they should be given full rights to do so so that everyone else can see the consequences for the behavior so that they may utilize better judgment as a result.

Globalization: Our culture is unique and must be protected. (easy)

Gun Control: Morons should not be allowed to own guns because they could hurt hard working, intelligent people. At the very least, an IQ test should determine who can and cannot own a gun. Those people who have already demonstrated weakness of character, like felons and the mentally ill, should also be restricted.

Healthcare: It saves money to pay for the minor illnesses of poor people before they become major illnesses for which the government ends up footing the bill. Therefore, health care for those who are too lazy or irresponsilbe to obtain it for themselves should be provided and decent, hard working citizens should be able to obtain their own.

(Shai, this has become a non partisan issue)

Illegal Immigration: This is the land of the free, so anyone who is willing to work should be allowed to work.

Marijuana Legalization: Hemp is a versatile crop that has many uses such as for rope, paper, alternative fuel, etc. and any prohibition of it is against free market principles.

Media Bias: FOX news is fair and balanced. (easy)

Outsourcing: We need to export more things than we import and the only way to accomplsih that is to invest right here at home.

Right to Die: If someone is stupid enough to want to kill themselves, then allowing them to remove themselves from the gene pool can only profit society.

School Prayer: If we allow Christian prayer, then we will have to allow Satanic prayer and Muslim prayer. It's better to keep it secular than to have the wrong religions endorsing themselves in our schools.

Separation of Church and State: The state should in no way be involved in the affairs of the church. (easy)

Social Security: People should be allowed to keep what they have earned and since some people have invested so long into Social Secruity, they deserve the benefits they have been promised for doing so.

Stem Cell Research: There is a lot of money to be made in this reserach.

Unions: Unions get workers organized and thus make things more efficient.

United Nations: We are paying for it, so we should use it.

War in Iraq: Getting out of Iraq will prove to the rest of the world what a great job we have done.

Welfare: People can't work if they are dead, so we need to provide just enough money for people who can't find work to keep them alive. However, once they find work, we no longer need to keep paying them.

Wiretapping: The government is not God and it has no place in my home.

Last edited:
Sayta, unbeknownst to me (I do not mind at all though) shai took this from my facebook, so that is why some of the point of views might be a little out of line from mainstream liberal.

Also, I wrote this while I was a senior in highschool (2 years ago), so it is likely that some of my points of view have changed somewhat, I will reread it later when I am not so tired.

Very interesting idea though, I like.

Last edited:
Also Satya... That was brilliant. Do you want a job as a political spin doctor with me in Australia? I can pay you in free rent and food and access to my library and internet access.

Also Satya... That was brilliant. Do you want a job as a political spin doctor with me in Australia? I can pay you in free rent and food and access to my library and internet access.

Ah thanks Shai but my PR days are long done.