Trump will win again | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Trump will win again

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by slant, Apr 17, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
More threads by slant
  1. dragulagu

dragulagu Truth does not change because it is, or is not. 42
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    A question that's been plaguing me for a long while is if there is any reason why not much of the voting goes to any other parties. It's always either democrats or republicans.
    Also correct me if i'm wrong here, but doesn't your vote always go to the representative party in a specific state who then will put a vote for a presidential candidate; so you don't actually vote for a president yourself? The whole system doesn't make much sense to me. The Belgian system doesn't either but that's another story (hello coalitions).

This should be the link I think to all parties, btw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_party_(United_States)
    Legal Marijuana Now Party
    [​IMG]

Reason, Stu, Sloe Djinn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Stu

Stu Pre-Pottery B Neolithocrat
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    Insouciant
    depending on who you talk to there: A] are are really only two parties in the US, the one in power and the one out. B] is only one party in the US and it is divided into two complicit factions. C] there is no party in the US just a bunch of meat puppet controlled by our lizard overlords.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pin, Faye, Reason and 1 other person like this.
  3. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    People should really vote in 2020 because women's rights hang in the balance with the next SCOTUS pick. So if you are a woman or a man who values women's rights to bodily autonomy, privacy and I think eventually, even life in some cases ya need to vote. Because they will not stop trying to pass these bills just to get them before a right-wing Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Alabama just passed a near-total abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest

A pregnant 11-year-old rape victim in Ohio would no longer be allowed to have an abortion under new state law

The end game

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wildfire likes this.
  4. Pin

Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    As personally opposed as I am to abortion, I concede that this abortion-ban will not solve the primary reasons why women tend to pursue abortion in the first place. Mothers need additional avenues for transitioning into and out of the workforce.

For starters, paid maternity-leave and universal healthcare.

acd and Wyote like this.
  5. Wyote

Wyote Con Risa Absoluta
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Political Pundit Pin leveled up

Pin and Hostarius like this.
  6. Hostarius

Hostarius Apostate INFJ

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Next Boss: Andrew Neil

acd and Wyote like this.
  7. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Those things would help. And abortion rates have continued to decline as contraception is made more available.

If the US offered universal healthcare and paid leave would you support a ban or repeal of Roe v. Wade? What do you think in the case of rape, incest or medical reasons? Should an 11 year old rape victim be forced to carry a pregnancy to term? A woman with a chronic health issue or mental health diagnosis that would cause a very difficult and traumatic pregnancy? If the fetus is found to have a condition that would end it's life at birth or soon after?

I'm obviously pro-choice but I don't celebrate and encourage abortions. I do think that in a society where men and women are equal it is essential that women maintain the ability to choose to reproduce or not. It is a private personal choice that should remain private and personal. If we can remove a woman's right to privacy (medical) and body autonomy then women are not equal.

Wildfire, Pin and JennyDaniella like this.
  8. Pin

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    Yes, because the right to life naturally supercedes all others.

No to each.

I consider each of these instances direct threats, if not indirect threats, to the mother's life.

I respectfully disagree.

I don't think that easily accessible abortion addresses the underlying issue, that issue being the oppression of women.

For women's equality to be ensured, women must not be coerced or compelled into choosing an abortion or pregnancy according to the economic or social conditions of their society.

9. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    How do you determine whose right to life supersedes whose?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that women are incapable of deciding for themselves whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term due to societal or economic issues ( that only those elected can fix through legislation?) That until conditions are just right-- a woman cannot make an informed choice? That is the oppression? Not the denying of choice or of women's ability to make a choice?

#109 acd, May 20, 2019 at 12:31 AM
    Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 12:42 AM
    Pin likes this.
  10. Pin

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    Good question.

I presume that the mother's life is of primary importance throughout a medical procedure because she is the patient.

Yes.

Therefore, even if abortion were readily accessible women would not be made somehow less oppressed.

11. Stu

Stu Pre-Pottery B Neolithocrat
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    Insouciant
    I just hope the GOP makes Abortion the central theme of their 2020 campaign.