Trump will win again | Page 36 | INFJ Forum

Trump will win again

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by slant, Apr 17, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 41 users.
More threads by slant
  1. Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    I'm not understanding. Why wouldn't the white people caught on the store cameras be BLM protesters? I don't know that they aren't mind you I haven't seen this film but I don't see what their race has to do with their political affiliations. Most of the rioters mugshots that I've seen are white 19 to 20 year old college students. Arrested for looting or violence whilst protesting as part of BLM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Maikl Jexocuha likes this.
  2. thbxhs

thbxhs Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    Reason- I was telling you about a time during all of this that I saw media twist things with my own eyes for sake of a sensationalism narrative to the detriment of another group. A) I see why they were pissed. B) it’s an illustration of the warped media.

It’s cool if you don’t want to hear what I’m saying. I am happy to give up the conversation. Things are fucked up out there, more so when you force yourself to see from both angles. It sucks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    I never said anything about giving up the conversation I just don't understand how this story shows the media is dishonest. You're not explaining why the people in the security footage being white means that the news was wrong.

I'm not closed to the idea that news was wrong or that this happened, I just literally don't understand what the connection is.

4. Roses In The Vineyard

Roses In The Vineyard Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    There is a whole lot more salt than pepper in burn loot murder and more than anything else it serves as cover for a marxist revolution than an civil rights movement. I do feel for those who are legitimately protesting race issues but the woke left hijacks everything whenever possible in such matters though it amazes me the level of racism by woke whites towards not only people of color but other whites is unreal especially when class is involved. They're so busy checking for white privilege they forgot to check their own while oppressing lower income communities of all colors by destroying businesses and threatening homes after all they've been parading mock guillotines through some neighborhoods.

Maikl Jexocuha and Reason like this.
  5. Roses In The Vineyard

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    White nationalism is so 1990s and been out of favor in the public eye for decades especially after the Oklahoma city bombing plus shows like Jerry Springer did a good job painting them as clowns.

Maikl Jexocuha and Reason like this.
  6. Sometimes Yeah

Sometimes Yeah Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Intj
    Agreed. I'd guess that the total number of actual white nationalists in the US is probably less than 100k individuals (mostly ex con gang members). It's just a slur and nothing more at this point.

7. philostam

philostam Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    In my opinion the "threat of communism" is even more outdated than the threat of "white nationalism". We see more nationalist governments in Europe than we see communist. But each will see what she/he wants. That's why @Dopamine is ultimately right.

Since we don't have the numbers, it's better just to look at proposed policies. I simply happen to prefer the economic policies of more left leaning governments. Ultimately I believe that inequality and global warming are the two biggest challenges, and I think left leaning governments are more likely to prioritize them.

Rioting should also be addressed, but I don't see it as a huge, long-term and systemic issue.

Maikl Jexocuha, thbxhs and Wyote like this.
  8. Cornerstone

Cornerstone Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Pisces
    Enneagram:
    Metal Goat
    I think the 'threat of communism' is not that there will be a communist party but, rather, that sneaky communists are sneaking ideas into American minds so that communists don't even need to be in government to have the Statue of Liberty redesigned so that they is wearing a pantsuit - the people will demand it. There is a bit of a conflation between communism and deconstructionism but the latter has too many syllables for the average joe who just wants someone to blame. I think it's a shame. Deconstructionism would for sure get shortened to Destructionism and then you've got a bad-ass political enemy for the 21st century. I should probably tweet Trump. It's the sort of thing he'd probably run with.

Maikl Jexocuha, acd and Hostarius like this.
  9. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    #709 acd, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  10. Sometimes Yeah

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Intj
    I read something a while ago about "cultural Marxism". It's sort a response to how communism never really took hold in the West. Communism provoked distrust, envy, and conflict between the stratas of old societies where people were stuck in their class and occupation. But since in the west people believe they can improve their position in society through work and entrepreneurship, it never bred the same resentment.

So instead of economic class, they focused on creating dissent and resentment based on attributes one cannot change about oneself: skin colour, sex, height, etc. It almost seems like the point of creating conflict and division is for the sake of harnessing the resentment of "minorities" and attaining power from it. For cultural Marxists there is nothing they can gain by promoting feelings of unity, identification with other citizens, national pride/unity based on citizenship, or general contentment.

11. Sometimes Yeah

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Intj
    You're doing exactly what I'm critiquing: reframing things to fit an absurd narrative of your own.

I don't hope Trump wins, I merely think he will. In fact, it's people like you whose patronising narratives who I do hope end up losing.

There's a difference. I don't hope Republicans win, but I do hope democrats lose, for being so fucking annoying.

12. Hostarius

Hostarius Gimme that WOAD

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Maikl Jexocuha and philostam like this.
  13. Hostarius

Hostarius Gimme that WOAD

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    :tearsofjoy:

14. Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    I'm glad the white supremacist terrorists are being targeted. They always are, because nobody likes them.

Now if white supremacists terrorists are the number one threat let's get started on working on antifa terrorists as the number 2 threat, or whatever rank order they fall into.

Maikl Jexocuha and acd like this.
  15. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Antifa is briefly mentioned in there as well.

Maikl Jexocuha, Aneirin and Reason like this.
  16. Reason

Reason Mostly Peaceful

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    That's great! I wish the mayors and governors got on the same page and rounded up any and all domestic terrorists. Give the police back their teargas and throw people who get violent in a cell, regardless of their political persuasion with the notable exception of in cases of self defense.

But as I warned in the other thread a while ago, citizen militias are an unfortunate result of handicapping the police. Nobody is going to stand by and allow their home to be burned down. Police should have the resources to protect people and disperse violent crowds.

Pin likes this.
  17. acd

acd Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    I'm hearing that police are declaring riots and firing tear gas at protestors. Happening in Portland now.

Really wild that those responsible for keeping the peace are who the protestors are protesting for excessive use of force. I don't see this winding down until Congress--both sides-- decide to do their job and acknowledge the grievances raised and work together toward reform.

Reason, Wyote, Aneirin and 1 other person like this.
  18. Aneirin

Aneirin AKA, David
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    type 4w5
    this country is being torn apart to suit the desires of trump. . he made this mess for his re-election. .the race bating is accelerating, fuel ed by trump

19. Roses In The Vineyard

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

20. noisebloom

noisebloom theory conspirer
    Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    These discussions are always difficult for me to engage in, partly because so much is conflated and confused.

There are both peaceful and violent protesters. I know a non-trivial number of people that have peacefully protested police brutality in the last year, and there were no allegations of violence by these protesters. There are also indeed violent protesters, people that quote MLK regarding riots being the language of the unheard and believe this is the best option to create true change, etc. Left-wing media would have you believe that violent protesters are perhaps a trivial minority, while right-wing media would have you believe they are the problem (you can swap these views when it comes to the police violence topic). Any sort of discussion focusing on the statistics/numbers probably won't go anywhere; we can also try to come to some sort of consensus on "reliable sources", and I think we'd be hard-pressed to all agree on one (tangentially, I personally have preferred WSJ and very recently Reuters).

Anyway, I think violent protesters should be held accountable for their actions, but peaceful protesters not breaking the law should not be "caught in the crossfire". Unfortunately, peaceful protesters are, sometimes because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time, but sometimes because I don't think all law enforcement officers necessarily would differentiate. These two groups may effectively be conflated, as well... just like "good cops" and "bad cops" are by the other side. We have people following and violating the law on both sides in debatable quantities.

White nationalism and Antifa are both definitely ideologies, but how do we identify members of these groups? It's not always easy. The state I live in is considered to have some of the highest hate group participation rates in the country, but whenever members of these groups are interviewed, they deny being in a hate group. I believe Antifa itself is not really an organization, as much as some sort of umbrella term that radical left-wing groups use to protest government and police actions.

There's just a mess of groups and ideas that are too difficult to delineate, categorize, etc. Violent people do need to be held accountable, and that includes citizens and police officers. I recently saw a very clear and undeniable video of a police officer sexually assaulting a woman, and none of the many officers present did anything about it. I also tried to help a friend of a friend who was assaulted by a counter-protester during a protest while a local police officer encouraged the violence, but the "viral video" the left propagated falsified some details of the event, and I think an honest depiction would have actually been much more effective at remedying the situation. The point is, again, that so much is manipulated, conflated, confused, and used to generally mislead or persuade people towards one side or the other. We end up holding onto what we relate to, further reinforcing the views we pretty much already had. The level of emotion in our media helps, as well.

I don't think it's often that leaders can simply stop or fix a problem, especially ones as complex as some of them that have become "top-of-mind" in the past year. However, in America, the president does influence the rhetoric of the mainstream political movements. They influence the anger, the tone, and the perception of the country's citizens. They influence our idea of "how things are going". They influence the aforementioned emotion. Mastering this influence is key to being a good leader. A good supervisor chooses his words carefully and needs to think about how they will be perceived. I'm sure most people here have an example of a boss they had that was perfectly capable of creating a toxic environment. This is one of the major problems with Trump, imo. I don't actually think he's cognizant of the effect of his words, but they do definitely have a profound effect on the current angle of both political movements. One could argue (and some in this thread have certainly implied so) that a leader that doesn't raise alarm so overtly could effectively hide the problems of a country. I definitely agree with this. This is really what I see as the good side of the current administration, i.e. the cracks show a little bit more which provides more opportunity for insight.

I think that this time in America will prove to be a valuable and notable history lesson in the future, but I can't speak to exactly what that lesson will be right now.

#720 noisebloom, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Daustus, philostam, acd and 5 others like this.