Trump Promotes Torture | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Trump Promotes Torture

You would have to be an actual sadistic psychopath to enjoy watching someone being tormented.

Yep.
You would.

Eventhorizon said:
But I am very ok with torture for punishment. Say for instance the pos who ran planes into the buildings on 911 did not die. I know its crazy but lets just say they didnt. Id be completely ok with them being burned alive slowly in the middle of Times Square while it was televised. You could start at their feet burning off their toes one by one. Then their feet ect. Youd want to leave their eyes and ears intact so they could see all smiling people and hear them cheering. All the while making sure they stayed conscious through the whole thing. Their screams would be like music. It might even make the top ten.

When I read this all I could think about was 'how could you look a human being in the eye while smiling and cheering and seeing them being burnt alive'
how could you, how could anyone.
look into the eyes of someone who is being burnt alive, and just stand by.
Your just saying that, you couldn't - no one could without disabeling a part of their soul.
Well Ive never had the opportunity. So its difficult to say if I would or not. Then it would be hard to say how I would feel afterward. I suspect I would likely only have the look of girm determination on my face. It would be easy enough to look them in the eyes as they slowly died though. They didnt look any of the inoccent people they killed in the eyes. That would be a courtesy that its hard to say they the guilty deserve. They never gave that to any of their inoccent victims. Id look them in the eyes so that they would know someone saw them dying and had no intention of stopping it.

Torture is terrible.

ANYWAY, it seems like this is more personal and petty than just the policy of torture, no?
Is wanting a better future life for your family personal? Yes I would say it is and politics play a big part in our future.
acd said:
He's a complete barbarian. He brings out the absolute worst in America. He stands for the worst of America. I'm legitimately afraid for my child's future that this megalomaniac demagogue could be president. Everything he says and stands for is garbage and I'm embarrassed to be American because of him.
You must have really dug for this post because I can’t find it. I also don’t see any pettiness in what @acd posted.

Last edited:
Is wanting a better future life for your family personal? Yes I would say it is and politics play a big part in our future.
You must have really dug for this post because I can’t find it. I also don’t see any pettiness in what @acd posted.
Well I was nervous and pissed off he was likely going to be the nominee when I wrote that.... Over two years ago! And I posted a lot of other things in this thread but that's what she picks out to disrupt the discussion to make a personal attack.

They didnt look any of the inoccent people they killed in the eyes

The truth about that day is that the terrorists failed, they only know hate and destruction. That day wasn't about them.

It was about the police, the fire crews, the medical staff, the victims and the first responders. People who risked and lost their lives, saving others.

Giving in to anger and fear is easy. It's what they want. But it didn't work. And gradually extremists like that get caught or killed. Because they have no ideas, and no discipline.

No one will be running into burning buildings for them.

While I don’t agree at this point I will continue to think about what you’ve said and I appreciate your taking the time and effort to respond earnestly and articulately.

Fwiw I haven’t given up hope for change. I just don’t agree about the avenue to take, though I can only speculate as to a better direction.

Good debates are still draining to me, and I’ll have to set this down at present.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of flooded you with text. I also recognise that I am somewhat intense with respect to this and that not everyone will agree with me. I understand not wanting to argue on and on, it is draining and doesn't necessarily make any difference.

The truth about that day is that the terrorists failed, they only know hate and destruction. That day wasn't about them.

It was about the police, the fire crews, the medical staff, the victims and the first responders. People who risked and lost their lives, saving others.

Giving in to anger and fear is easy. It's what they want. But it didn't work. And gradually extremists like that get caught or killed. Because they have no ideas, and no discipline.

No one will be running into burning buildings for them.
I should be more like batman. "Im not going to kill you but I dont have to save you."

Reactions: James
Thanks for the reply. I kind of flooded you with text. I also recognise that I am somewhat intense with respect to this and that not everyone will agree with me. I understand not wanting to argue on and on, it is draining and doesn't necessarily make any difference.
Nonetheless you’re challenging me to examine my beliefs without insults, and that is golden.

not everyone will agree with me

I agree with you one hundred thousand percent and understand exactly why you feel so passionately about this. I get why this issue is so important, It is extremely important in a myriad of ways.

Well I was nervous and pissed off he was likely going to be the nominee when I wrote that.... Over two years ago! And I posted a lot of other things in this thread but that's what she picks out to disrupt the discussion to make a personal attack.
Wow, two years ago. I’d say that’s personal and petty. It’s the very subtle digs that most people don’t notice. It’s no wonder you and I were tied for best use of Ni. :wink:

Reactions: infinite dreams
Well Ive never had the opportunity. So its difficult to say if I would or not. Then it would be hard to say how I would feel afterward. I suspect I would likely only have the look of girm determination on my face. It would be easy enough to look them in the eyes as they slowly died though.

You sound like a really tough guy. I wouldn't want to mess with you!

By your definition, some are forcing torture on me here.

Chin up soldier. Just remember, GIRM DETERMINATION!