Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No, but you never know

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No, end of discussion!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, like the Easter Bunny & Santa Claus

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
My definition of true love is the same as soulmate.

Can I have 10???

I am starting to like true love :D

I hope you don't mean to say that Easter Bunny & Santa Claus don't exist... :m028:

Can I have 10???

I am starting to like true love :D

there's no limit! *shaking her head back and forth trying not to laugh at NAI*

I think 'true love' exists because I simply don't see it as an emotion. Falling in love is uncontrollable, you can tell yourself you're not falling for someone, but by acknowledging the thought that you might be and then you talk yourself out of it, proves that you in fact are falling in love.

But I define falling in love and love as two very different things. The first being uncontrollable, the second being completely controllable. To me, love (or true love in this case) is a conscious choice that you will yourself to do. Nowhere does it say you have to love someone unconditionally, but when you accept someone exactly how they are, faults and all, and love them anyway, you're making a choice to do so.

That's why I voted that it does exist, because love is a choice. You don't have to 'truly love' someone, but the option always remains.

+1 Exactly.

I think 'true love' exists because I simply don't see it as an emotion. Falling in love is uncontrollable, you can tell yourself you're not falling for someone, but by acknowledging the thought that you might be and then you talk yourself out of it, proves that you in fact are falling in love.

But I define falling in love and love as two very different things. The first being uncontrollable, the second being completely controllable. To me, love (or true love in this case) is a conscious choice that you will yourself to do. Nowhere does it say you have to love someone unconditionally, but when you accept someone exactly how they are, faults and all, and love them anyway, you're making a choice to do so.

That's why I voted that it does exist, because love is a choice. You don't have to 'truly love' someone, but the option always remains.

Couldn't agree more. I don't define love as a simple emotion, but as a choice. I find the emotions follow when I make the choice to love a person. That's not to say the emotions romance triggers don't exist, or aren't part of that process, because they are. If I based love on emotions, I wouldn't love anyone because it would be too painful.

Reactions: bamf
I said yes.

But is true love hard to find?

YES!!!!!!

Most people stop holding out and find other sorts of love.

Thats ok by me.

I've always thought that the definition of true love meant a 'one' true love, meaning that love is exclusive and can only occur once or something like that.

I think that, like I've explained previously, love is just a combination of factors that mesh well together. If personality, path in life, among a few other things including sexuality match, that can be love for two people. They will feel like a fit. I just think that, like friends, as people age they grow out of lovers and people and that stating there is only one person out there for you seems a bit unrealistic, especially for what I look for. I think that someone needs multiple partners in their life.

I am also just confused upon what makes any love more 'true' than the other love. Love it just commitment and working together to keep something working. It isn't perfect, and 'true' sometimes implies perfection.

Reactions: NeverAmI
I've always thought that the definition of true love meant a 'one' true love, meaning that love is exclusive and can only occur once or something like that.

. . .

I am also just confused upon what makes any love more 'true' than the other love. Love it just commitment and working together to keep something working. It isn't perfect, and 'true' sometimes implies perfection.

Very important points.

Taking it from Barney's perspective:

I love you, you love me, we are a happy family with a big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say that you love me too

Taking it from Barney's perspective:

I love you, you love me, we are a happy family with a big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say that you love me too

:m015:

But Barney is a creep!