Trouble Sleeping? | INFJ Forum

Trouble Sleeping?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Obstinate, Aug 4, 2008.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Obstinate
  1. Obstinate

Obstinate Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Is it just me, or is it an INFJ thing to have trouble ever getting a good amount of sleep? I find that most people's sleeping schedules never work for me, and the earlier I sleep, the less sleep I get. And it's counter-productive. And no matter what, if I lay around in bed for more than five minutes I get really restless and must do something.

But yeah, for example, if I fall asleep around 11 PM, I'll wake up at 6 AM sharp. If I fall asleep at 11:30, I'll wake up around 6:30. Yet if I go to sleep earlier than that, say 10:30, I'll wake up at like 4 AM which totally throws me off physically. Though no matter what time I go to sleep, I hardly ever feel quite satisfied by the sleep. Anybody else go through this?

2. Motor Jax

Motor Jax randomness included
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Random
    Re: Sleep?

lol.. exactly... i can't ever seem to get my pattern down.. but once i do, i have to stick to it or else it goes all out of whack again...

the restless thing gets me... i just metioned that yesterday to Coke...

3. OP
    Obstinate

Obstinate Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

what works for you? I need something to try!

4. sumone

sumone down the rabbit hole

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj

I never wake up, stretch and say I had a good night's sleep. Like you said Obstinate, I never feel satisfied either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gloomy-optimist

gloomy-optimist Used to live here

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INxJ
    Enneagram:
    4w3

I don't usually go to bed that early, but typically I will sleep for 9 hours, without too much of a hitch in that rule. Sometimes I'll laze around in bed for an extra hour or two, but I'll usually start waking after about the 9th.
    Unless I'm on a schedule. If I'm used to waking up about 6:30, I'll wake up about 6:30 without problem. Unless I go to bed really late :B

But I do feel tired a lot...:0 And I absolutely can not just "wake up" like those weirdos that can just hop outta bed and walk around like they have excellent motor skills or something. I have to have a transition period of at least 10-15 minutes, and it's usually about a half hour before I'm fully awake

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Quinlan

Quinlan Right the First Time!

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISFP

I can never get enough sleep, 12 hours is good but then the whole day is gone! I'm definitely not a morning person, I'm such a grouch. :D

I'm more of a night owl.

7. Satya

Satya C'est la vie
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INXP

I either sleep too little or too much. And even when I seem to get the right amount of sleep, the quality may be lacking.

8. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

I never used to either. Now I have a formula.

Drink a glass of whiskey
    Read bash.org
    Masturbate
    Lie in bed with the lights off.

9. Motor Jax

Motor Jax randomness included
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Random

eh, i drink... like seriously...

really, there are times i just cannot seem to get my schedule down at all, and i am just too damn powerless to stop it... like an unending vortex...

so, i work 2 job; one during the week from 7-4pm, and the other sat/sun from 3pm-11pm

the weekdays doesn't bother me, but during the weekends i stay up on friday night until about 5am saturday, but on sundays i have to go to bed almost as soon as i get home

eh, it sucks sometimes

10. OP
    Obstinate

Obstinate Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

Yeah, I love the night time. Everything just seems so awesome at night!

11. moonlight

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

I prefer to go to bed between 19:30 and 11 and sleep until 6:30 AM. I like to get stuff done in my day. If I don't go to sleep early enough... I feel nauseous.

12. gokartride

gokartride Community Member

Threads:

My work (and commuter train) schedule has rewritten my body clock so I go to bed between 9:30 and 10 pm and wake up at 5:50 am with or without an alarm clock....even on the weekend!!! In a perfect world (like the weekend) a short mid-afternoon nap (15-20 minutes) really helps, but that doesn't happen during the work week unless I doze off on the train for 5 minutes or so.

I am a light sleeper and have to take a little something (over the counter pill, split in half) to sleep soundly. I had to do this ever since going through a traumatic period in my life...I think it whacked my brain out. Back then I would wake up after three or four hours w/ my mind racing...not any more.

13. Entyqua

Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up

I have a hard time going to sleep too generaly i go to sleep around 12:30 or 1 and like clock work i am up at 6:30 or 7...I feel so tired and i drag the whole day I too get nauseous but only if I have a lack of sleep...which is always! Just the other day my body shut down for a night got a fever and nothing else...Thus far thats the only thing that made me sleep! lol...

We should invent the INFJ sleeping cap X Stops thoughts dead in their tracks LOL ;)

14. alcyone

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    WTF

I have trouble getting good sleep. There have been weeks where I was getting 4 hours a night after finishing homework and then having to get the kids up and to school. I felt better at that time than going to bed at 2200 or 2300 and getting up at 630 or so.

It seems the nights I remember my dreams best are also the ones I wake rested enough.

15. Shaz

Shaz Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj

It's 1.30 in the morning here and I have to wake up at 7.45 tomorrow morning. I can never seem to go to bed when I mean to. I'll always find something better to do. And even when I'm in bed it takes me time to sleep (but that might be because I've just spent 3 hours on the computer :mrgreen: when I go to school and I spend all day standing up and concentrating on what I'm drawing I fall asleep quicker).

16. Silently Honest

Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    YANG

I'm usually asleep by 1am, sometimes later, rarely earlier.

17. mexymoo3

mexymoo3 Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

Yeah, I can never get enough sleep....

but DO ALL INFJ's dream as much as I do?!?!

Like very vivid dreams...

All my life, I've had nightmares and dreams that would wake me up with myself screaming, crying, or sweating...

18. Zanshin

Zanshin Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Just curious if any anyone has trouble sleeping sometimes, if not all the time, when there's something on there mind. I tend to think about the good and bad of the day as well as possible future scenarios for certain things/interactions. My imagination gets carried away and I sometimes have trouble falling asleep. Just recently it has been getting worse. I think this might be because I've been reflecting alot about myself, who I am and my place in the world. Anyone have the same issue?

19. Lurker

Lurker Has nothing to destroy
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    *Merged threads and moved to Health, not enough love in this part of the forum*

To 2nd OP, yup, I have a terrible habit of surviving on as little sleep as I can. Often don't go to sleep till 2-3am than have to wake up at 7:30 and ignore my alarm till about 8:50 when I have to rush to do something in an effort to get to work at 9:00 *grin* ok 9:15 is more realistic. I've learnt to get ready superquick!

My problem is distractions like the internet, plus I'd rather do something than sleep, sleep's boring (unless it's 7:30 in the morning, than it's all I want to do).

In regards to your reason, if I have something on my mind I have one hell of a time getting to sleep, I need to relax before I go to bed, something mindless like surfing the net, a glass of wine, a bubble bath etc works wonders.

#19 Lurker, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  20. Shaz

Shaz Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    I have the same problem too. I keep thinking and thinking and not necessarily negative thoughts, I quite enjoy it, but ... Well I don't end up sleeping as much as I could.