Thoughts on Intertype Relationships | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts on Intertype Relationships

If there is an interaction between function pairs, rather than single functions, the interaction is greater.

I find the extroverts to be to draining to me, so I ended up marrying an INTP, and life has been a bliss.

Reactions: grt$5vb
I have extroverted roommates & friends. They drain me, and forget to give me my space & quiet time, plus they tend to be argumentative & confrontational, which I have no patience for. They are awesome to be around when I'm in party mode, they're silly & entertaining, they draw me out when I am sulking, which I suppose I need, BUT... they seem controlling & forceful, and I need a lot of time off from them. Whereas with INTJs, for example, I NEVER feel drained by their company, even if we spend hours talking, and are inseparable for days at a time. Even though they ask me to clarify my thoughts, I rarely feel tedium explaining my processes to them, because I don't feel they are judging or suggesting change. The quiet way they process & mull over what they've heard. I just like it. They listen to my ideas & tell me theirs. They provide me with the knowledge I seek, and are on an intellectual level that I can share mine without being tuned out or scoffed at. They engergize me, AND they give me space when I need it, because they need theirs, too. :D

I have extroverted roommates & friends. They drain me, and forget to give me my space & quiet time, plus they tend to be argumentative & confrontational, which I have no patience for. They are awesome to be around when I'm in party mode, they're silly & entertaining, they draw me out when I am sulking, which I suppose I need, BUT... they seem controlling & forceful, and I need a lot of time off from them. Whereas with INTJs, for example, I NEVER feel drained by their company, even if we spend hours talking, and are inseparable for days at a time. Even though they ask me to clarify my thoughts, I rarely feel tedium explaining my processes to them, because I don't feel they are judging or suggesting change. The quiet way they process & mull over what they've heard. I just like it. They listen to my ideas & tell me theirs. They provide me with the knowledge I seek, and are on an intellectual level that I can share mine without being tuned out or scoffed at. They engergize me, AND they give me space when I need it, because they need theirs, too. :D

Very interesting.

Do you know if any of these extroverts are Ne's?

I am still learning, and my roommates get very annoyed that I try to type everyone. They scorn me for wanting to understand myself and others... sigh... I want to live alone... I am told they are ENFJs, but I distrust their testing process, because they are not very honest people, & definitely not honest with themselves. I'm not really clear on how Ne works, yet. I do find that I tend to have a love/hate relationship with ENFJs, and am often left with a lot of negative criticisms to consider... which i DON'T NEED!!! :(

Reactions: jyrffw54
I am still learning, and my roommates get very annoyed that I try to type everyone. They scorn me for wanting to understand myself and others... sigh... I want to live alone... I am told they are ENFJs, but I distrust their testing process, because they are not very honest people, & definitely not honest with themselves. I'm not really clear on how Ne works, yet. I do find that I tend to have a love/hate relationship with ENFJs, and am often left with a lot of negative criticisms to consider... which i DON'T NEED!!! :(

I went through that same thing when I was at college, I was at odds with wanting my space and being included in the group. They were ENFJ's and they thought I needed to lighten up, that I was too serious, and they were right, but I tried not to let that bother me. Later when I moved and lived alone, I realized that living alone was far worse then living with people that are irksome.

Hmmm... thank you [MENTION=4071]Erich_121[/MENTION] They keep telling me I DO NOT need to live alone, but I've never gotten a chance to, and I really wanna try. I will consider your experience, though. I'm a control freak, living with control freaks, who are also loud, and slobs. I feel very disrespected almost all the time. Which makes me grumpy. :(

Back to the original purpose, we are supposed to be discussing what types work well together... :D

Hmmm... thank you @Erich_121 They keep telling me I DO NOT need to live alone, but I've never gotten a chance to, and I really wanna try. I will consider your experience, though. I'm a control freak, living with control freaks, who are also loud, and slobs. I feel very disrespected almost all the time. Which makes me grumpy. :(
Living on your own can be a pretty rewarding experience for the freedom, but you should be able to stand being by yourself all day and preferably have some sort of social life or friends or else it can be lonely. If you're creative and enjoy art or reading, then it can help but not totally replace ones need to feel physically connected to the world and its people some how.

Thank you! [MENTION=453]Zero Angel[/MENTION] I prefer LOTS of alone time, and I think people fear I will hermit out & become the unibomber, or something, but I DO enjoy socializing on the weekends & such. I seek pals & outtings out when I have bored myself to death cleaning & reading & baking... :D I think it would much improve my esteem for the world.

Cool. It sounds like something that you should plan towards. I've roomed before with good people before, but it can be frustrating sometimes even in good circumstances even when you can promote yourself to a 'leader of the house' and make everyone (including yourself) happy. Nothing can beat having your own independence/sense of control.

Very interesting.

Do you know if any of these extroverts are Ne's?

One of my friends uses Ne. I think he's enfp and it either really makes me mad or it's exactly what I'm in the mood for. It's like "stop acting like you're on speed" when I'm all up in that Ni but when I feel like doing stuff, Ne is really funny.