the world versus you | INFJ Forum

the world versus you

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Morgain, Jul 28, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by Morgain
  1. Morgain

Morgain defective wisdom
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ again
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    so the enneagram describes type 4 as:

so what I was wondering is, doesn't everyone see themselves as "different from others" since we are all different persons? What other ways are there?

how do you see yourself with regarding to the rest of the world?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. athenian200

athenian200 Protocol Droid
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I tend to see myself as a disinterested observer with their own agenda, while the world is this active, messy situation I'm hesitant to get involved in, and quick to disengage from. Though I do involve myself at times, especially if someone needs something from me that I'm willing to offer.

#2 athenian200, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  3. ambivalent

ambivalent Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    at the risk of sounding cliched i think i'm misunderstood a lot of the time. i dont even think its because i'm not very good at expressing myself, as I like to think I do that quite well but for the majority of the time it seems as though everyone thinks different to me, yet everyone else agrees with what they say not me!

I've learnt to accept it now, and i'm happy now just to let it be. I don't see the point in trying to bend the world to see if like we do (it's their loss!) - it's all made up when you meet the rare person that understands :)

i don't talk much as speaking too much doesnt make it any easier, but I dream of finding someone who i love and can read me by looking into my eyes - no harm in dreaming i suppose!

4. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    As a teenager I found being different to be cool and I enjoyed the extra attention it brought as well as the "look" I had back then.

Now as an adult I see people who want to be different as snobby.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I wonder if being a 4 is just unhealthy sometimes.

6. DoveAlexa

DoveAlexa Chaz's Lovey Bunny
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I dunno, 6 seems way more unhealthy, 4 just seems very i-want-to-be-intelligent-central. Not a bad things to be, imo.

BlinkandThink likes this.
  7. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I found this to be more problematic of a type 4:

8. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    haha, true. i doubt anyone really believes they're a carbon copy of anyone else, but it seems like fours are much more focused on their differences than others are.

as for how i see myself? i dunno... no real opinion to be honest. i kind of feel out of it, like i'm looking in and not really participating, but at times i feel a strong unity with the rest of the world, like we are going through this journey through life together, and have so much to gain by helping each other and sharing with one another :p

9. Jonathan

Jonathan Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ (IEI)
    Enneagram:
    4w5 so/sx
    I'm a 4. I see myself differently because I think I see the world differently.

I appreciate things that others don't, or notice things that people don't seem to care about. I'm also very eclectic, and like to have everything represent my style and who I am. The things I choose are usually things that other people would find weird, boring, or dated.
    Mentally, it's like I'm not really sure the world I'm seeing is actually there; like I'm slightly offset from everyone else's reality, even though I have a somewhat clear picture of what reality is to me.
    I hope this makes sense.

But to answer the first question, I think not everyone percieves themselves as 'different' in this way, because where most would like and identify with things that are 'safe' (trendy, current, what their peers enjoy) type 4's are generally further outside the social norms and like it *most of the time*. Not saying other types can't be original, but it just comes naturally to 4's.

And, like the quote says, it can be a curse because you're going against the grain, and that's not always easy/accepted; and a blessing, because your identity is to be unique without really having to try, and you have insights and tastes that make you special and out of the ordinary.

10. DefectiveCreative

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5 so/sx
    Like all the enneagram types it really depends on how well developed a person is. This is what the Enneagram Institutes's website has to say about type 4s at their healthiest:

Which all sounds pretty good to me. :D

11. 88chaz88

88chaz88 Back for a limited time only
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I see myself as different, but I see everyone else as different too.