Jul 9, 2012
Somewhere out there
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Something?
Is it good to be intelligent?
Is it bad to not be inteligent?

Since my English isn't good enough I will leave these questions like this, eventually if people feel a little bit confused I will try to add some additional information.

Everyone has some level of intelligence unless dire medical conditions render them unable to process information.
The only question is how much intelligence you have and whether you choose to exercise it.

Ignorance is bliss if you think intelligence is holding you back.

But as they say: you can never go back.

Reactions: the
I don't think it's necessarily good to be intelligent, since many extremely intelligent (like, near genius) people I know are total asses. I definitely think it's bad to be unintelligent, however, simply because the things that you need mediocre intelligence or better for are so awesome.

Is it good to be intelligent?
Is it bad to not be inteligent?

What is "good"? What is "bad"?

More information, please.

I think it was meant to be subjective.

It is not good to be intelligent.

It is not bad to be unintelligent.

Heh. So it is. It's later than I thought.

My tired-eyed two cents: to determine both good and bad, a natural default state must be defined. Answering "what is natural?" has been thousands of years in coming so far.

To actually give the question my answer: if you're the subject then it doesn't matter. You have been given some nonrefundable cards and must use them to come off even with the dealer, Life. Intelligence is a tool, not an end; the end is usually happiness/contentment, which is emergent and dependent on more things than an intellect or lack thereof.

/end torpid turgidity

Reactions: sassafras
Both has their purposes and obstacles, goods and bads, pleasures and pains.

I personally prefer intelligence, but I can see why other people avoided it.
But that's preference.

Good or bad....I think ideally there wouldn't be any of those.
Quite a lot of people call being un/intelligent good/bad not for the sake of itself, but for its effect on your life. And most often, the perceived intelligence/lack of is probably pleasing/bothering/helping/disturbing their lives, depending on their opinion.

The world needs both critical thinkers, and lemmings.

It depends on the type of intelligence, as well as the circumstances, and the perspective of those who would be doing the judging of good or bad.

Good and bad are subjective terms, it depends on the situation. If you work in an area where a high IQ is preferable then it's certainly good to be intelligent and bad for your future if you are not. If, however, your work involves mindless repetitive tasks then intelligence will eventually cause you to become discouraged and depressed.

Good and bad are hardly... subjective terms, Id say. Its obvious....mostly

What is the use of intelligence if it is not used for the betterment of society?

it's good to be intelligent but not necessarily bad if you aren't.
certainly you'd would want to have enough on the ball to get through life, but you don't have to be a brainiac to do that

It doesn't matter if you're not applying yourself to something worthwhile.
I do think that some people should really stop thinking of themselves as intelligent, because they're really not.