†☔†
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 28, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
954 so/sx
What little things do you do to increase goodness in the world or to try to keep the world going in the right direction?

For example; I make a point to smile at people who look a bit down or negative.

I'll think of more later.

This can also be things you don't do, but you think they would be good. Use your imagination, obviously :)

Last edited:
I like helping people for no reason a lot of times. It also bothers me when people are left out, so I try to include people that look as if they don't know how to include themselves

I smile at people too. Open doors for people, let older people and women with small children ahead of me in the grocery line. If I'm at my son's school and I see somebody carrying a bunch of stuff, I come over and help. I volunteer at his school, and donate supplies that aren't in their budget (i.e. printer cartridges, photo paper, etc.). I mow my next door neighbor's lawn sometimes; she's a recently divorced single mom.

I'm extremely polite to people who work in retail, behind counters, delivery people and servers in restaurants, and I tip well (usually 25%). I always holler "THANK YOU!" to the FedEx guy as he's running away from my door (and my madly barking dogs). When people go above and beyond or are especially nice and helpful, I go to the manager/customer service desk and praise them, and if they ask if I wouldn't mind doing it online so the home office sees it, I do.

I support local businesses whenever possible (rather than big chains), try to buy locally grown/produced foods (organic whenever possible).

All but one of my pets is a rescue, and he's the first one that hasn't been a rescue. Oh yeah, and I always stop and pet the cats in the Humane Society alcove at my local Petco when I go to buy food for my zoo. The current batch has been there for months.

Otherwise I kind of just try to be aware of opportunities to help, or give someone a moment of relief or happiness when they present themselves to me.

I try to make sure my kids keep their fingers off the glass! Someone always has to clean that case/mirror/window.... You'd be surprised how often that gets noticed....

I always pick up our table at a restaurant so all the waitress has to do is grab the two piles of dishes. And then tip generously!

I teach my kids manners.

I do the same thing with the dishes in the restaurant!! I actually feel bad leaving a mess--:rolleyes:

I pick up trash and throw it away

I fix things on store shelves, put them where they belong!!

I bring shopping carts back to the store from the parking lot

I'm gonna stop now, I feel like a dufus for actually mentioning these things:tongue:

I do the same thing with the dishes in the restaurant!! I actually feel bad leaving a mess--:rolleyes:

I pick up trash and throw it away

I fix things on store shelves, put them where they belong!!

I bring shopping carts back to the store from the parking lot

I'm gonna stop now, I feel like a dufus for actually mentioning these things:tongue:

Don't feel like a dufus. I do all those same things :)

I feel funny tooting my own horn so to speak--everybody should be kind towards others but aren;t,sad....

Last edited:
What's interesting is that these are common courtesy items...I do many of what y'all listed too! It's sad that not everyone does. :(*

*I find myself judging those I see who aren't exercising courtesy to others.

What's interesting is that these are common courtesy items...I do many of what y'all listed too! It's sad that not everyone does. :(*

*I find myself judging those I see who aren't exercising courtesy to others.

That's not "Saving the World" that's just being a respectful polite human being! I get so PISSED when people just leave shopping carts rolling around the parking lot! I agree with arby!

The little things I do:
--Try to make my profession MEAN something, or something that impacts another living thing for the better. Volunteering or something else.
--Donations to charity
--Giving advice to people who need it

That's not "Saving the World" that's just being a respectful polite human being! I get so PISSED when people just leave shopping carts rolling around the parking lot! I agree with arby!
'

:m131: TK I know you're serious and I agree with you, but you still made me laugh.

I don't understand why people leave carts rolling around in the parking lot. Especially when there are designated drop-off areas for them throughout the parking lot.

No kidding! >8( Things like that are just frustrating

My counselor in grade school told us we should get five hugs every day. I think five may be a bit extreme, but the world would honestly be better if everyone got a hug every day.

Seriously.

If you say you don't like hugs, you've just never been hugged properly or by the right person.

I do 95% of what's already been listed. I frequently let drivers into my lane during rush hour or leave them space to take turns. I always tip a minimum 20% at a restaurant, regardless if the service was good or not (same with haircuts or other services). I always give money to homeless people or those wandering around needing money, if I don't have cash, I will find the nearest ATM and go back.

I donate yearly to my local Children and Women shelters and I also sponsor a child from Africa.

I would say the biggest affect I have is raising my daughter to be a kind, compassionate individual. She's only 3, but strangers love her and they always walk away with a smile. She always gets compliments about how well behaved she is...and even better, how kind she is.

Letting people cut in when they are blocked in their lane.
Holding the elevator for people with trouble walking.

Listening to the people other's won't.

If you say you don't like hugs, you've just never been hugged properly or by the right person.

I won't say I don't like hugs....but I really hate having my personal space invaded.

Drives my husband crazy cause there are days I don't want any kind of human physical contact; touching someone else makes me want to runaway.

I try not to offend anyone EVER; :m107:especially emotionally. Some people are so insensitive these days. I always try to cheer people up whenever I can. And be the first to ask what is wrong. Consequentially though I become a way for people to "vent" out their problems. Not that I don't mind ever helping and giving advice; I just don't like to be took en advantage of. Also I try to pick up something if I see it while I walk by; I almost feel guilty if I don't. People really need to learn how to recycle.

I defend the shy and the innocent.

I expose the wolves in sheep's clothing for who they are.

I try to appreciate the chronically underappreciated (not to be confused with being warm and fuzzy.)

I deflect positive credit to those more in need than I.

I like to be a kindness ninja - ie, do nice things for someone when there is no possible way they'll ever know it was me.

I like to tell people the positive things about themselves that they think no one sees.

I bluntly cry warning to friends on paths of self destruction.

I always let people walking in and out of the store walk in front of my vehicle.
Let a woman walk in front the other day who had a baby in the buggy. She turned left after crossing then stopped. I turned around her after she stopped and parked. She was fussing and fuming at me as I walked past her for not stopping for people. I helped the world a bit that day. Told her, "Madam, you have a bad attitude," and continued on my way. Anyway, she didn't realize she was dealing with the guy that always stops.