The irony of Prisons | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The irony of Prisons

The cause of crime is indefinite and undetermined. A lot of it can be blamed on extreme personality disorders that cause people to lash out towards society. The cause of these personality disorders are still to a certain point unknown. But really, if poverty is in fact the reason crimes are committed then doesn't it make sense to cut back the money spent on prisons since it's become an industry and is allowing other important areas to suffer when they could use the funding?

We need to put forth The Law of the Jungle. Every man for himself. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth...

This will cause the collapse of modern civiliazation and let loose a nuclear holocaust.

From the ashes of that which once was, a race of mutants will emerge. The remaning humans, scattered across the globe, will be forced to collaborate to defeat the surge of ravaging flesh eating mutants.

Peace through unity, and crime will be, but a distant whispering in the endless fields of radiation and dismembered mutant corpses...

Alternatively, the last remnants of mankind will be overrun by the endless legions of radioactive flesh eating mutants. Leaving the last human soul in the gasp of a mutilation of flesh and bone.

The remaning mutants will rid the earth of every living creature, eventually leaving themselves as the only source of food. The inevitable canabalistic war of blood and terror will cleanse the earth of diabolical creatures, leaving one lonely mutant to roar the earth as the only remaining remnant of modern humanity.

Soon the last beat of his heart disappears in an abyss of emptiness and silence. The particles of the flesh returns back to mother earth, mourning over the loss of her children...

Again the universe is filled with emptiness and the meanderings of sentinence, and there is...peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: sassafras
Fear is the main reason why all crimes are committed, in the first place.

"[...] if you have to prepare for war, then you are in a state where you cannot abolish war." - Albert Einstein

Don't you think prisons have a preventing effect?

Radical criminologists: crimes are committed because of class differences. (Lower class rebel against the system, higher classes do it because they get away with it.)
That's just an example of a movement.

There's also labeling: deviant behaviour is only deviant because a group labels that behaviour as deviant.

There are tons of movements.

And fear, hmm.
You'd think people in china live in fear from their government,
yet this country has a low crime rate.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri-crime-total-crimes

Of course, this is just one source, and I bet this could easily break my argument down.

I didn't found the statistics on the interpol, I just remember that Asia had a low rate of contact crimes and sexual crimes.

If you can find them, feel free to post them.
www.interpol.int