[PAX] - The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump | Page 48 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

79370250_515108725884483_4137812329515450368_n.png

79915955_10156968341791275_3840829106367234048_n.jpg

80552712_2283975898566591_4312340425827418112_n.jpg

Reactions: Sandie33 and Stu
Wanted to get this started, just in case...
capture-jpg.35460
so do i get a toaster or something?
upload_2019-12-19_6-48-12.png

Last edited:
I think it's high time we all pray for Drumpf, and for America.
Maybe we can pray him out of office for his own sake.
He's such a sad baby of a man. I really do feel bad for him. Must be tough.

Just a question for you guys as a curious yet under-informed European: how likely is it that the impeachment will 'succeed'? Or is it impossible to say at this stage?

Just a question for you guys as a curious yet under-informed European: how likely is it that the impeachment will 'succeed'? Or is it impossible to say at this stage?
Not likely, in the battleground states that are always important to win over because they could flip either way (as opposed to being securely in one party's hands) impeachment is unpopular with voters. So some Democrats from these vulnerable areas have already stated they will not vote to impeach. Add that to the Republicans having a majority in the Senate and the odds are extremely remote.

Um, he is impeached, the only question is will he be removed after the senate conducts its trial. It requires a simple majority...Most of the pundits and politicians believe that the odds of removal are slim to nil, but you never know till they actually vote. (((all kinds of stuff may yet pop out)))
upload_2019-12-19_18-29-15.png

Um, he is impeached, the only question is will he be removed after the senate conducts its trial.

@Ren

Yes, I was gonna say...he is always going to have the asterix next to his name saying he was impeached.
It's the whole removal thing that is less likely.
But he is impeached.

It just kind of naturally follows that it's pointless to impeach without removal.

Also, I mean... You could alternatively try to sway voters for the next election then he could be gone in a year, but of course that's impossible.

It just kind of naturally follows that it's pointless to impeach without removal.

Also, I mean... You could alternatively try to sway voters for the next election then he could be gone in a year, but of course that's impossible.
Technically, they could impeach him as many times as they see fit even if he isn't removed...it's a step beyond censure...especially since our moronic DOJ refuses to indict a sitting POTUS due to some fucking memo that someone wrote in the 70's that isn't actually a law.
If Bill Barr refuses to even investigate/prosecute Trump for being "Individual 1" in his high-priced hooker cover-up plot then it's doubtful he will for anything else.
I mean, his former lawyer M. Cohen basically spelled it out for Congress and all to see that Trump and family has been cheating on his finances big time...not that that is that shocking of a revelation considering who we are talking about...yet it's still being fought for in the courts, the ability to even see his finances and taxes to make sure he isn't cheating...wtf...who is keeping any checks and balances on a person who doesn't care about the law(s) the rest of the country has to abide by?
Ignoring Congressional subpoenas and instructing witnesses to ignore them as well...then his defenders claim no witnesses with first hand knowledge testified...not only is that untrue...but those with further knowledge have been obstructed from the start.

"The Trump administration is already facing several lawsuits for blocking subpoenas from various House committees, including the Oversight and Reform committee, the Ways and Means committee, and the Judiciary committee.

For instance, White House counsel Don McGahn and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin both disregarded previous House-issued subpoenas during the Mueller investigation, as instructed by the White House. The House sued McGahn, as well as Mnuchin and the Treasury Department.

House Democrats voted in June to hold Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who both ignored House subpoenas during the investigation, in contempt of Congress, though the move was largely symbolic."

Not only that, but Trump and the GOP have been packing the courts as fast as they can with their own nominees no matter how unqualified.
Waiting on the SCOTUS to rule on releasing his fucking tax returns and Deutche Bank records for oversight.

Kneel before your king serf...

lol

Reactions: Stu
Technically, they could impeach him as many times as they see fit even if he isn't removed...it's a step beyond censure...especially since our moronic DOJ refuses to indict a sitting POTUS due to some fucking memo that someone wrote in the 70's that isn't actually a law.
If Bill Barr refuses to even investigate/prosecute Trump for being "Individual 1" in his high-priced hooker cover-up plot then it's doubtful he will for anything else.
I mean, his former lawyer M. Cohen basically spelled it out for Congress and all to see that Trump and family has been cheating on his finances big time...not that that is that shocking of a revelation considering who we are talking about...yet it's still being fought for in the courts, the ability to even see his finances and taxes to make sure he isn't cheating...wtf...who is keeping any checks and balances on a person who doesn't care about the law(s) the rest of the country has to abide by?
Ignoring Congressional subpoenas and instructing witnesses to ignore them as well...then his defenders claim no witnesses with first hand knowledge testified...not only is that untrue...but those with further knowledge have been obstructed from the start.

"The Trump administration is already facing several lawsuits for blocking subpoenas from various House committees, including the Oversight and Reform committee, the Ways and Means committee, and the Judiciary committee.

For instance, White House counsel Don McGahn and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin both disregarded previous House-issued subpoenas during the Mueller investigation, as instructed by the White House. The House sued McGahn, as well as Mnuchin and the Treasury Department.

House Democrats voted in June to hold Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who both ignored House subpoenas during the investigation, in contempt of Congress, though the move was largely symbolic."

Not only that, but Trump and the GOP have been packing the courts as fast as they can with their own nominees no matter how unqualified.
Waiting on the SCOTUS to rule on releasing his fucking tax returns and Deutche Bank records for oversight.

Kneel before your king serf...

lol
Does it give you any concern that impeachment is seen by some independent voters as partisan? It does seem to many that this is just an attempt at circumventing elections.

He was supposed to lose in 2016, but he didn't.
The blue wave was supposed to give a Democrat majority in the Senate and House in 2018, but it didn't.

The Democrats don't seem to be winning independent voters back and if this impeachment continues to be done over and over again then I don't see how they possibly could be won back.

What's the backup plan for the Democrats not being able to win an election?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Does it give you any concern that impeachment is seen by some independent voters as partisan? It does seem to many that this is just an attempt at circumventing elections.

He was supposed to lose in 2016, but he didn't.
The blue wave was supposed to give a Democrat majority in the Senate and House in 2018, but it didn't.

The Democrats don't seem to be winning independent voters back and if this impeachment continues to be done over and over again then I don't see how they possibly could be won back.

What's the backup plan for the Democrats not being able to win an election?

It seems to many that Trump is trying to tamper with the elections....had help in 2016 and knew it and invited it.
So people should just ignore him breaking the law because he's just being wacky ol Trump...shaking up the swamp?
He is the swamp.

The Dems did win the House majority in 2018 and they were not expected to ever win the Senate.

They are instructed to do oversight on the POTUS in their list of job duties for the house.
The Republicans did zero oversight for the two years prior unless they were so forced by the appearance of wrongdoing...which has grown more and more tolerant of his circumvention of laws and normality.
And when evidence of said wrongdoing emerges, the AG refuses to indict or take it further.
Who else is left to keep him in check?
WH Counsel is just as crooked as he is.

They really trounced on the norms of what is considered Presidential behavior with this one....they impeached Clinton for lying to Congress about a blow job.
And yes, the year that followed the Republicans paid for it in the elections and polls.
The Dems may very well see a similar reaction here but there are some very different things to consider...
Clinton always had high poll numbers...he was impeached but not removed and it was mostly due to that support.
Trump has his 40% base that seemingly refuses to budge no matter what he does legal or not...but even Fox news polls show that 51% want him impeached and removed.

You are right about it being incredibly partisan...but you have to ask if this were Hillary Clinton or Obama who would the Republicans side with?
They are full of shit imho.
The GOP would collectively crap it's pants given such material to work with as Trump has presented thus far.

I don't see it as an attempt to nullify the election...the boo-hooing about the 63 million that voted for Trump...more voted against him.
It's going to be a source of contention and that is what Trump has encouraged and thrived in.
He is an angry man-child and I'm not sure he can get reelected without purging voter roles and other BS (currently happening in WI and GA and coming soon in other states!).

All I have to say is please no Joe Biden...fucking lame, I wish he would drop out.
It's that kind of crap that turns away independents imo...Joe Biden...same old status quo.

Reactions: Reason
I'm still not convinced that the Democrats have much of a chance, and I think thier candidates are not going to accomplish anything in the next election. I won't speak in certainties because things happen suddenly, an economic collapse tommorow and wether it's Trump's fault, Obama's fault, nobody's fault, it'll change the political climate in an instant. There are a million possible surprises like this which I why I don't like to predict the election outcome, especially this far out.

All I'll say is, it don't look good for the Democrats. They lost a lot of voters in the rust belt and I don't think they're promising the right things to get them back, or at least letting thier promises to them be drowned out by this circus. Just seems like an utterly disasterous blunder to focus on impeachment instead of policies that impress voters.

I think "fake news" sounded like "axis of evil". Hard to believe either of the truths were spoken.

I'm still not convinced that the Democrats have much of a chance, and I think thier candidates are not going to accomplish anything in the next election. I won't speak in certainties because things happen suddenly, an economic collapse tommorow and wether it's Trump's fault, Obama's fault, nobody's fault, it'll change the political climate in an instant. There are a million possible surprises like this which I why I don't like to predict the election outcome, especially this far out.

All I'll say is, it don't look good for the Democrats. They lost a lot of voters in the rust belt and I don't think they're promising the right things to get them back, or at least letting thier promises to them be drowned out by this circus. Just seems like an utterly disasterous blunder to focus on impeachment instead of policies that impress voters.

Yeah, it's hard to say what will happen this far out, that's very valid.
It's difficult to say who will do what and be popular with whom.
He likes to tout the economy...and it has been good for the stock markets and his tax break for the wealthy was sure popular with them.
There is still an incredible lack of wages even slightly keeping up with inflation - then add the rise in prices due to Trump's tariffs - I have noticed the prices going up for sure, both food and goods.
Job numbers don't mean anything if everyone needs two or three to survive and afford rent which is out of control in many areas of the country.
Trump's EPA pick is bent on destroying the very agency and environment he is there to run as are many other Trump appointees like Betsy DeVos.
I just cannot understand why anyone would support such a crass, loudmouth, insulting, cringe-worthy, obvious swindler, who has cruel policies like the separation of families at the border to deter those seeking lawful asylum.
(Only to be deported while their children are adopted here in the US....insane.)
You know that poor family who had their cars shot to hell and killed a bunch of them...they were a Mormon church offshoot living across the border...it was just in the news a month or so ago.
Very sad...well after that they decided to move back to the US...because of the violence - the same reason others are fleeing that is being treated as if it's a made up excuse to "invade" this country.
I cannot believe a word that comes out of the man's mouth either...he tells so many lies and mistruths that are easily proven wrong or inaccurate.

As far as the impeachment process turning off voters...we'll have to wait and see I guess.
It's very true that Mitch McConnell has hundreds of bills passed by the house sitting in hiatus on his desk that he refuses to bring to the floor.
So saying they haven't done anything because they've been occupied with impeachment isn't quite right.
It's been a very good talking point for the GOP and Fox Entertainment "news", though not true.
Most of those bills have been on raising minimum wage, health care, drug prices, equal pay, reauthorizing the Violence against Women act, disaster aid, net neutrality, election interference protections, etc.
Just give it a Google.

But on major policy issues — like health care and infrastructure, or even bipartisan ones like net neutrality, the Equal Pay Act, or even a simple reauthorization of the longstanding Violence Against Women Act — Democrats’ bills are continuing to languish in the Senate. House Democrats are expecting to take up House Resolution 3, a major health care bill to lower the cost of prescription drugs, before the Christmas break. Although we’re not going to list all 400 bills for brevity’s sake, here’s a list of major bills and resolutions the House has passed so far.

Health care
Civil rights
Gun control
Environment
  • H.R. 9 — Climate Action Now Act
  • H.R. 1331 — Local Water Protection Act
  • S. 47 — National Resources Management Act
  • H.R. 2578 — National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019
  • H.R. 205, 1146, 1941 — Banning Offshore Drilling on Atlantic, Pacific, Eastern Gulf and ANWR Coasts
Military/foreign affairs
  • H.R. 840 — Veterans’ Access to Child Care Act
  • H.J. Res. 37 — Directing the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress
  • S.J. Res. 7 — To direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress
  • H.R. 31 — Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act of 2019
  • H.J. Res. 30 — Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation
  • H.R. 4695 — Protect Against Conflict by Turkey Act
  • H.R. 676 — NATO Support Act
  • H.R. 549 — Venezuela TPS Act
Mueller report
Other major legislation
  • H.R. 1585 — Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019
  • H.R. 987 — Raise the Wage Act
  • H.R. 1500 — Consumers First Act
  • H.R. 1994 — SECURE Act/Gold Star Family Tax Relief Act
  • H.R. 2722 — Securing America’s Federal Elections (SAFE) Act
  • H.R. 4617 — Stopping Harmful Interference in Elections for a Lasting Democracy (SHIELD) Act
  • H.R. 1644 — Save the Internet Act of 2019
  • H.R. 2157 — Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019
  • H.R. 397 — Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act (The Butch Lewis Act)
  • H.R. 2513 — The Corporate Transparency Act
  • H.R. 269 — Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019
  • H.R. 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Program Extension Act
  • S.24 — Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019
  • H.R. 430 — TANF Extension Act of 2019
  • Concurring in the Senate Amendments to HR 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard Program Extension Act
  • H.R. 790 — Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act of 2019
  • HJ Res. 46 — Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019
  • H Res. 183 — Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended
  • H Res. 194 — Rule Providing for Consideration of H.R. 1644 and H.R. 2021
  • H.R. 2480 — Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
  • H.R. 375 — To amend the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian Tribes (also known as the “Carcieri Fix”)

We shall see!
I still think Biden should drop out. ;)

Take care man!

Last edited: