[PAX] - The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump | Page 46 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

How many understood this?

John.8
[1] Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
[2] And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[8] And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
[9] And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
[12] Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
[13] The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
[14] Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
[15] Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Plot twist: (Religious folk turn away) Perhaps it was the J man himself who slept with this woman. It takes two to tango.

... and that's what years and years of CCD will buy the church :)

Perhaps it was I.

Perhaps the sins of mankind were committed by me. Am I any better? Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit should be thought about seriously.........nay, not even thought about.

If elephants could fly...

Last edited:
Ship of Fools, the Enduring Metaphor
Levi Asher • March 23rd, 2015
Big Thinking British Classics Comedy Eastern European Ecology Existential Fiction Film History Jewish Love Music Nature Psychology Religion Visual Art

boschfools.jpg

I stumbled upon our society's most fascinating enduring metaphor by chance. Clicking around on iTunes, I noticed that I owned six different songs called "Ship of Fools".

But these weren't six different versions of one song. "Ship of Fools" was not a classic cover song, like "Dancing in the Streets" or "Hallelujah". Rather, six different songs called "Ship of Fools" were written and performed between the 1960s and 1980s by the Doors, the Grateful Dead, John Cale, Bob Seger, World Party and Robert Plant.

Strangely, all six were good songs, which seemed to me as significant as the fact that all six had the same title. How often do six good songs show up in a row on a random playlist? What on earth, I wondered, was going on with this ship of fools? What was this meme about?

I knew that the concept of a ship of fools can be traced back to Book Six of Plato's Republic. Socrates and Adeimantus are discussing the different models by which a government can rule wisely, and Socrates offers this analogy to Adeimantus:

Imagine then a fleet or a ship in which there is a captain who is taller and stronger than any of the crew, but he is a little deaf and has a similar infirmity in sight, and his knowledge of navigation is not much better. The sailors are quarreling with one another about the steering -- every one is of opinion that he has a right to steer, though he has never learned the art of navigation and cannot tell who taught him or when he learned, and will further assert that it cannot be taught, and they are ready to cut in pieces any one who says the contrary.

They throng about the captain, begging and praying him to commit the helm to them; and if at any time they do not prevail, but others are preferred to them, they kill the others or throw them overboard, and having first chained up the noble captain's senses with drink or some narcotic drug, they mutiny and take possession of the ship and make free with the stores; thus, eating and drinking, they proceed on their voyage in such a manner as might be expected of them. Him who is their partisan and cleverly kaids them in their plot for getting the ship out of the captain's hands into their own whether by force or persuasion, they compliment with the name of sailor, pilot, able seaman, and abuse the other sort of man, whom they call a good-for-nothing; but that the true pilot must pay attention to the year and seasons and sky and stars and winds, and whatever else belongs to his art, if he intends to be really qualified for the command of a ship, and that he must and will be the steerer, whether other people like or not-the possibility of this union of authority with the steerer's art has never seriously entered into their thoughts or been made part of their calling.

Now in vessels which are in a state of mutiny and by sailors who are mutineers, how will the true pilot be regarded? Will he not be called by them a prater, a star-gazer, a good-for-nothing?

Socrates is suggesting that we cannot always listen to our mob mind when we make decisions as a community; we must discern our smarter instincts and repress our dumber ones. On a political level, Socrates appears to be suggesting that a simple democracy may descend to dysfunction and chaos. Indeed, one of the main ideas of The Republic is that a wise captain must guide the ship of fools.

Plato's analogy of a boat filled with stupid people (interestingly, no translation of The Republic actually includes the phrase "ship of fools") resembles the same philosopher's famous analogy of the cave, which appears in the same book. The cave-dwellers who cannot see the light are the fools on Plato's ship.

Socrates and Plato are pointing to something beyond the political here, though. We've mentioned before on this site that The Republic is a a work of psychology over all. The ship of fools that most concerns Socrates and Plato in The Republic is the clamor of stupid voices inside each of our own stormy minds. To thrive and live well, each human soul must appoint a wise captain for itself. continued

All this shows the weaknesses of humanity to me.

can you please change your privacy settings so I can reply to you without derailing threads.

Could you elaborate on what this means?
What is "a symptom of the times"?

I will try in a bit, I need some sleep first. I should warn you though, my answer will be religious in nature and based on almost zero citable evidence.

this lady seems to have a grip on how to navigate

This is one reason he's got to go...
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4309670002

* It's a large reason why I promote Americanism thtoughout my county. Because in the words of Abraham Lincoln, 'A country divided can not stand.'

Where is that phrase, 'United we stand, divided we fall' fallen to?

78687104_2460096254230209_4425118106582515712_n.jpg

78910886_10156995806776051_8895833338326024192_n.jpg

58518cbb1800002c00e42a1e.jpeg

Bird, your place is partially locked....from me. So,...

Send all foreign troops home and train them there....or stop training them. Is there not one person can take the helm, that knows what to do? At least Trump is studying that as we speak.

Reactions: BritNi and Sandie33
None of this is real. It's a long, drawn out nightmare.

What a time to be alive. Or asleep.

Who knows.

None of this is real. It's a long, drawn out nightmare.

What a time to be alive. Or asleep.

Who knows.
It too will pass.
It's merely a time to awaken to things of right and not right. People like Trump decide at some point that might makes right...this is a lifes great fallacy.

LOL
(It's a real passage BTW)

78835649_2467737693466065_7039187704331894784_n.png

LOL
(It's a real passage BTW)

View attachment 61175

I'm not a religious person, but I have read the Bible. And I always found it unbelievable that the world would support an Antichrist thinking he is Christ or God.

After Trump got elected, I could totally see it though. 40% of the US has no discernment. It was so creepy to me to see people I knew as strong Christians posting on Facebook about Trump's sacrifices to run for office and "save" us and then him being ordained by God.

Stuff like this:

trump-the-marn-that-gave-up-his-billionaire-lifestyle-to-33506830.png

And they were serious supporters. Not saying he is the Antichrist lol! But what a strange time.

Last edited:
I'm not a religious person, but I have read the Bible. And I always found it completely unbelievable that the world would support an Antichrist thinking he is Christ or God. After Trump got elected, I could totally see it though. 40% of the US has no discernment.

I've thought the same things basically!
Amazing to me the hypocrisy of the evangelical conservative Christian movement...it's very self-serving and misses the entire point of the Bible imho.
Of course I posted this to be a bit of a provocateur I admit...couldn't help myself.
;)

Reactions: Sandie33 and acd