The "friend zone" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The "friend zone"

By "friend-zone" are you merely talking about no longer considering the possibility of having a relationship with that person? Because that's mostly just in your head.
By friend zoned I mean they are not considered for any type of sexual relationship. Platonic relationship, yes. Please clarify that it's "mostly just in my head." I'm not following you. It's all human nature.

Who here has actually been "friend-zoned"? I think it's more a fear of some theoretical (from your position) situation than it is a reality. I can't see many scenarios where a guy is so desperate/hopeful, that he sticks around with someone that is of no use.

I generally see it friendzoned when the girl has a b/f and isnt ready to leave him yet for me. Which, it is rare that women dont throw themselves at me regardless.

This felt relevant to the thread.

Jonathan has entered into the highest levels of friendzonedom.

Friendzone: A zone for men who don't get the hint and have to have this zone enforced upon them because of their almost disgustingly over the top behavior. In other words they continue to pursue with no reciprocation.

Reactions: the and mochi
Johnny is very pathetic.....

[MENTION=3255]Sali[/MENTION] ROFL! I think that dude got friendzoned-KO'd! ^^

I guess when it comes to the friend zone...I usually immediately stop speaking to them once shot-down...not because I feel rejected and lame or anything, I just don't feel like I should waste my time on someone who doesn't want the same thing. Life is too short....they could be a great person and would be a good friend maybe but that isn't the intention by asking them out...would rather focus my energies and attention on someone who reciprocates.

Friendzone: A zone for men who don't get the hint and have to have this zone enforced upon them because of their almost disgustingly over the top behavior. In other words they continue to pursue with no reciprocation.

This is how I see friendzoned. Friendzoned is not when a girl just makes a decision in her head that she wont date him, and the guy just moves on.

In light of some of the more progressive INFJ ideas presented here. I have decided to put some women in the Friend Zone and see what comes of it. I feel emboldened and enlightened.

I'm always wary to friend zone people because they can get really fucking
shitty with you and I do not appreciate that. However, I think it's better to friend
zone someone in retrospect than to unintentionally lead them on by
avoiding making them feel friend zoned. Besides, if they don't want just
my friendship, then fuck them.

-I just got out of bed. Grouchy Birdlette.

My absolute favourite, by far, has got to be people who refuse
to be friendzoned. Such as you directly tell them you are uninterested
and you do so multiple times but for some unknown reason they
think that you're just playing hard to get or don't want to admit your
feelings or this is a great one, "you just don't know how attracted
to me you are yet". No. Women tell you we're disinterested when
we are actually disinterested. Do you think we want to willingly
deal with your hurt feelings/emotions? We hate that. We do not
want that. We are not denying our true inner feelings for whatever
reason you think we are. So please, listen.

/monologue

I'm always wary to friend zone people because they can get really fucking
shitty with you and I do not appreciate that. However, I think it's better to friend
zone someone in retrospect than to unintentionally lead them on by
avoiding making them feel friend zoned. Besides, if they don't want just
my friendship, then fuck them.

-I just got out of bed. Grouchy Birdlette.

My absolute favourite, by far, has got to be people who refuse
to be friendzoned. Such as you directly tell them you are uninterested
and you do so multiple times but for some unknown reason they
think that you're just playing hard to get or don't want to admit your
feelings or this is a great one, "you just don't know how attracted
to me you are yet". No. Women tell you we're disinterested when
we are actually disinterested. Do you think we want to willingly
deal with your hurt feelings/emotions? We hate that. We do not
want that. We are not denying our true inner feelings for whatever
reason you think we are. So please, listen.

/monologue

As a guy who has admittedly been friend-zoned a few times, an honest woman's perspective on the topic is quite helpful. Thanks Bird! :)

This is funny and sad at the same time. :c/:D

Friendzone, does it exist? I think so, yes it does. However, I think the term can be misused for pushy guys in the case of a woman politely rejecting someone. But when it does really happen, there's something to be said about either party. The girl for keeping the guy around solely for gifts/taking advantage, and the guy for thinking that this type of behavior warrants any type of relationship.

Perhaps my experience has biased me, but I can't recall ever hearing of a female being "friend zoned".

No, I have been friend-zoned. Or Brozoned, as Peppermint mentioned. I work with a lot of men, and some of them are quite the dominant type who is mostly interested in submissive or sentimental women, and so they kinda see me as one of their buddies instead of a potential partner or a sexual interest.

Reactions: Feelings

Jonathan has entered into the highest levels of friendzonedom.

Ouch...that's kind of sad. He's obviously a great guy if he'd do that for a friend but no...doing something like that which is sweet but also kind of creepy is instant friend-zone status. Poor guy. :\

Also, I've brozoned women before. That usually happens with girls who're "part of the pack". It's not a sign of disrespect or saying the person isn't attractive or desirable but that they're simply viewed as one of the guys. A brozoned girl would probably have to date outside of her circle of guy friends.

Reactions: Odyne
After researching the Bro Zone, it turns out I was never in the friendzone, I was always bro zoning women!

Women tell you we're disinterested when
we are actually disinterested.

This is only true when you mean it.

Do you think we want to willingly
deal with your hurt feelings/emotions?
Most women (in one form or another) test a man to see what he can handle.
If a man get's hurt by a woman's words, this is a sub-conscious signal of low confidence. A man with confidence does not need the input of others to know who he is.
Women always do this whether they are aware of it or not.

So please, listen.
Don't ever listen to women for advice on women.

Reactions: the
Someone get the troll disinfectant, please.

The friend zone is a useless exercise if one person has expressed interest in the other. The interest is usually not going to die, but smolder beneath whatever interactions occur post-rejection (assuming there is a clear rejection). Just rip the bandage off and let it heal of its own accord.

Note that 'friend zone' is not to be confused with friendship.