The Flat Earth Society... | INFJ Forum

The Flat Earth Society...

Capt Charisma

Community Member
Nov 12, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
The Flat Earth Society.... what's your take on them. I just returned from their website... that about sums it up for me... SO what's your take?
Are they insane?
Are they not so insane?
Do they deserve to be listened to?
Or should be just ignore them?

I believe they are trying to prove a point about perception.

There's no convincing some people, so I suggest leaving them to their own beliefs, if its what they want.

Yes, it's about proving a point. About belief and perception.

But they are probably just atheists taking a stab at religion :p

Terry Pratchett would be proud.

Paul_Kidby_Discworld.jpg

I don't think anyone there actually believes in it, it's mostly a joke.

Y no link?

Anyway, any "society" is just about socializing with other 1% jerk-offs anyways.

I was just thinking about this very think yesterday and was going to create a thread about it. Sometimes I wonder if they're just trolling. Other times I think they're actually serious. Overall I think they're just trying to prove a point.

It has been estimated that there are more people who believe that the Earth is flat now than there have ever been. It may not be a large percentage, but the absolute number has increased as the total human population has grown significantly since 300BC when the roughly spherical Earth model became the norm.

Despite what many people now think, a flat Earth model was not at all popular in medieval Europe. There were a few people who believed in it, but most of what we know of them comes from what other people wrote to mock them.

ignore who?
Well after my search I may be referring to either their laughable troll infestation or the society themselves.
Either way I'm trying to be intentionally conversation provoking. Personally I believe that they are trying to hang on to a point with a difficult question, that people raised on a certain belief will find difficult to think outside of. There is a part of me that has a rant over this general way of: "If sciences haz no good answer I must be right." Despite that if logic has no answer yet then we some people just accept the fact that we just don't know... yet.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Globemakers and Mapmakers fought a bitter civil war for control of the galaxy.

GO TEAM JACOB!

On topic, I think it has potential for interesting discussion.

Well after my search I may be referring to either their laughable troll infestation or the society themselves.
Either way I'm trying to be intentionally conversation provoking. Personally I believe that they are trying to hang on to a point with a difficult question, that people raised on a certain belief will find difficult to think outside of. There is a part of me that has a rant over this general way of: "If sciences haz no good answer I must be right." Despite that if logic has no answer yet then we some people just accept the fact that we just don't know... yet.
actually i was just being a smart ass with my ignore who comment
ya know, i can't even take them seriously enough to wonder why they believe what they do. it's like, hello we've been up there we've seen it, it's an oblate spheroid...yes i looked that up grinzz
it's kind of like people who believe in vampires. i just won't even go there.

It has been estimated that there are more people who believe that the Earth is flat now than there have ever been. It may not be a large percentage, but the absolute number has increased as the total human population has grown significantly since 300BC when the roughly spherical Earth model became the norm.

Despite what many people now think, a flat Earth model was not at all popular in medieval Europe. There were a few people who believed in it, but most of what we know of them comes from what other people wrote to mock them.

Excellent post. This is correct.

actually i was just being a smart ass with my ignore who comment
ya know, i can't even take them seriously enough to wonder why they believe what they do. it's like, hello we've been up there we've seen it, it's an oblate spheroid...yes i looked that up grinzz
it's kind of like people who believe in vampires. i just won't even go there.

Oh Vampires exist. They just are not immortal, or drink blood. :) tee hee

Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity.