The end of the relationship | INFJ Forum

The end of the relationship

Silently Honest

Retired Staff
May 12, 2008
MBTI
YANG
I've noticed that INFJs have the ability to completely close the door on someone whose caused far more trouble then they are worth, of course this only happens after many chances are given in my case, lots of mercy is shown, but when a person fails to acknowledge it, so the bridge burns.

Not many can get us to this point where we need to separate so completely from another person, but the few who can deserve it, to use up someones reserves of mercy, especially when you're bending over backwards to give it, and still not get what you want, which is the respect you've already earned, but party two fails to see.

ENFJap?

I've been there before, Had the INFJ door close on me, and closed it myself on a great many people.

ENFJap?

I've been there before, Had the INFJ door close on me, and closed it myself on a great many people.
Jesus Christ Shai, this would be in the blog if it was personal. It's an observation based on my past experiences.

What?

Annoyed.

You're pretty much describing the INFJ doorslam. From my experience its hard to break emotional ties with another person (hence I would like to avoid attachment in the first place). I have to make myself suffer a lot in order to detach from a person who I previously cared about.

My best friend comments a lot on all the chances I've given people. She would have slammed the door ages before. I'm actually a lot better than I used to be in that respect, but once it's slammed, it's nailed and boarded shut, bricked up, and has a book case thrown in front. Sadly though, the person has to almost commit murder before that happens. I don't let that stop me from meeting new people, though. What I do now is look at what they do and not what they say. That helps a LOT in determining what kind of person I'm dealing with, and whether they're worth the fuss.

...anyway.

Yea, I have kind of felt like people don't actually value friendship the way I seem to. Many people out there are just ungrateful and downright abusive emotionally, and I have rid myself of those people rather quickly. But you know, I'm not all cut throat about it either. I give those people the benefit of the doubt at first... even if my intuition tells me it's going to pan out poorly... and it usually does.

I don't like people.

Last edited:
Well yea, I can't help but care for people and really get in to learning about them. I think that's my problem. It's a love/hate relationship I've developed with humanity. I enjoy individuals, I hate the masses.

Last edited:
Well yea, I can't help but care for people and really get in to learning about them. I think that's my problem. It's a love/hate relationship I've developed with humanity. I enjoy individuals, I hate the masses.

I'm the opposite...I love people in general; their potential, their capacity for good. It's always the individuals that never seem to meet my standards. Sigh.