The child INFJ - were we alike? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The child INFJ - were we alike?

No. Because somebody is paying for their food. Who pays for the food? The tax payers. I don't want my tax to go for such things. And as long as they are alive, there is always a chance to get out of jail and comit another crime. I always get totally pissed off when I hear/read about somebody who was in jail, sneaked out for good behavior and then raped/killed somebody. Oh so angry I become and so sorry I feel for the victim that could have been OK now. This could be prevented. Yes, I might seem extreme to some of you, but I wish the criminals just stayed in jail as long as possible.

Isn't life in prison cheaper than the death penalty, just because of the lengthy appeals process and all that rot? Plus things like Project Innocence http://www.innocenceproject.org/ make my distaste for capital punishment grow. I wonder how many innocent people have died because of being poor and having a crappy public defender?

I am quite sensitive about such stuff. I just want the world to be a fair, nice place where justice rules all over. But reality is way different. I agree about the weak legal system that allows criminals to get out for good behavior and thus gives them the chance to comit another serious crime. Maybe I just don't believe that extreme deviants can be "fixed" in jail. Some really spend some time behind the bars, think about what they did, get out and live normal lives. Like learning from mistakes. But others - no way. They are just well beyond the time when they could be "fixed". Usually those are people wth serious family issues, traumatized since childhood and carrying a lot of negativity inside. I can hardly see what useful role the later can have in society. And I doubt they can be changed in a way to make them good citizens. Plus I believe that everybody should pay a reasonable price for their crimes. I see a lot of mild punishments around ... bleh, so unfair. When I was a child I had a dream to change the world and make it a better place. I still have this dream but it gets harder and harder to see it acomplished. Just because one life time is not enough.

Siamese cat, I feel the same way as you do. Amazing. I will be too passionate as well.

Bored Now, I wrote that I am pro death penalty in some cases. Of course there is the risk with innocent dying but this is why this sentence should be used only when it is absolutely sure and there is a strong proof that this person comitted it. Valid for extreme cases like torture + murder, serial killers and so on, especially when children are involved. For me some people just have such a big debt to this world taking innocent lives and torturing innocent people that even taking away their own life is not enough to cover it.

Siamese cat, I feel the same way as you do. Amazing. I will be too passionate as well.

Bored Now, I wrote that I am pro death penalty in some cases. Of course there is the risk with innocent dying but this is why this sentence should be used only when it is absolutely sure and there is a strong proof that this person comitted it. Valid for extreme cases like torture + murder, serial killers and so on, especially when children are involved. For me some people just have such a big debt to this world taking innocent lives and torturing innocent people that even taking away their own life is not enough to cover it.

How can you be absolutely sure? What makes you think people sentenced to death aren't done so under "absolutely sure" people, already? I really doubt anyone gives the go ahead for the death penalty with little more than an inkling.
And still, innocent people die.

My parents say I talked NONSTOP, about everything. Also I was sort of a space cadet but I would really just be thinking about whatever and oblivious to the world! I loved school and playing outside, pretty normal I guess for a kid!

Oh don't mind me, I was just playing Devil's Advocate. My mother was a victim of a severely violent crime as a young teenager. He got put away and got out fifteen years later only to do the same thing again. Last I read some neighborhood boys took a brick to his head. Ask me how many tears I shed for him. http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/1996/08/17/1996-08-17_teens_beat_ex-con___pillowca.html

Sorry i'm off topic and all. I'm just bored and feel like debating something. I admire your passion and I know where you're coming from. Believe me. It's almost impossible (if not impossible to rehabilitate sexual predators. Even Chemical Castration doesn't work). I'm just against capital punishment in general though. *shrug*

Last edited:
I am quite sensitive about such stuff. I just want the world to be a fair, nice place where justice rules all over. But reality is way different. I agree about the weak legal system that allows criminals to get out for good behavior and thus gives them the chance to comit another serious crime. Maybe I just don't believe that extreme deviants can be "fixed" in jail. Some really spend some time behind the bars, think about what they did, get out and live normal lives. Like learning from mistakes. But others - no way. They are just well beyond the time when they could be "fixed". Usually those are people wth serious family issues, traumatized since childhood and carrying a lot of negativity inside. I can hardly see what useful role the later can have in society. And I doubt they can be changed in a way to make them good citizens. Plus I believe that everybody should pay a reasonable price for their crimes. I see a lot of mild punishments around ... bleh, so unfair. When I was a child I had a dream to change the world and make it a better place. I still have this dream but it gets harder and harder to see it acomplished. Just because one life time is not enough.

everyone has a right to live, even those deemed not good citizens. death should only ever be used when there is no other viable alternative, because it is so permanent, so unchangeable, and can have immeasurable and unforeseen consequences. at least, that is my belief. but I can see where you're coming from. out of a love for the victim, and disgust for the crime, you want to punish the criminal in such a way that a repeat occurrence would never happen. it's natural, it's instinctive. still, doesn't make it right (or wrong, for that matter). you hit the nail on the head when you said some people can't be 'fixed' in prison, and it's true. problem is, there is currently no definite way of knowing who will be able to move on from a history of a criminal activity and lead a relatively normal life, and who wouldn't. it's so subjective; that's why I think it's better to 'delay' the decision of executing a person by keeping them incarcerated, rather than act on a presumption and risk making a fundamental (and terrible) mistake.

Give the criminal the choice: life in prison or death. Everybody has the right to live AND to die. And if they choose to die, then let it be done humanely, not in some chamber of horrors.

They're not choosing to die, they're choosing to commit crimes.
This should be another thread.

I was the "quiet shy sensitive boy" that got picked on for being both a sensitive male and a nerd. But on topics that I was interesting in I would talk non-stop, going on and on and driving people nuts.

Acd, innocent people die as victims of those who deserve a death penalty, too. Criminology is quite ahead already, they can extract DNA, compare and so on. I believe there is a way to be absolutely sure about things. My point is that I prefer death penalty rather than imprisonment for life. And I accept the fact that some people think in a different way.

Bored Now, I am sorry to hear about your mother. And I can imagine how she felt to hear that this criminal got out and did the same again. I wouldn't feel sad or sorry that this happened to him, too. And he got it for just stealing a purse! Fate does have a sense of humor. This is exactly what I meant - people who do such things should not get the chance to do them again! I will paste here the part of the article that shows what pisses me off the most: "He was convicted in 1978 of four rapes and 13 related sex, burglary and robbery offenses and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
But he served 16 years after getting time off for good behavior. He spent his one year of parole in prison before being released in December and moving to Gary.
At the time of Muldrew's release, Christine May, a California Correction Department spokeswoman, said a psychiatrist found Muldrew had a mental disorder and was still dangerous. But she said he had completed his sentence, and "there was nothing anyone could do. . . . We had to release him."
WTF is this - 16 out of 25 and "there was nothing anyone could do"? Mental disorder, dangerous ... how can someone even allow such a deviant to walk free? There is something very wrong with current system. It is a bit of offtopic indeed but I like the discussion and it was interesting for me. I just wonder if people who are more religious in a way will prefer life imprisonment instead of death penalty (they call it capital punishment in the US?). And if the opinion about that is formed somewhat in childhood, influenced by the family, surroundings and so on.

May, I see where you come from as well. Very nice post by the way. I believe in one more thing - the longer you stay in prison, the more alienate you become to the real world. It is a complicated matter to discuss, people have different starting points and I guess prioritize different things. You value the life itself, but isn't the life of the victims just as important as the life of the criminal? I know that killing the murderer will not give the life back of the victims, nor it will turn back time to prevent his disgusting behavior. But he will partially pay for what he's done. You might think it is strange but when I was a child, about 3-4 years old I witnessed something that still bothers me and I still see the pictures clear in my head. It was right after a pouring rain, there was a huge pool in the street and a bunch of small birds were there bathing, drinking and so on. Quite a lively and noisy moment which I watched with pleasure and a big smile. Then all of a sudden this huge truck with his endless number of tires came. Some of the birds managed to escape, most didn't. After the truck passed, all that was left was a pile of feathers, blood, death birds bodies in the pool. How my poor heart broke in this moment and how I cried several days after that. And how I cursed the driver. It still shakes me to think about it.

asd, I agree with you - they will choose to live because as long as they are alive, there is always the chance to get out of prison and commit a new crime. You are right, I will start a new thread.

Up until I was about 6-7 I was very happy, friendly and imaginative. My sister and I would play 'imaginary play' for hours (basically making up characters and acting out their roles, we did this with our childhood friend too and even made up plays XD).
But after the classes got split, I was much shyer and didn't get on with many people, so it mostly just me and my sister for a year (until someone actually wanted to be my friend XP).
I changed pretty drastically from when I was 5 til I was 12 or so, becoming way more introverted. I have a sneaking suspicion that I had a social phobia (after studying it in psychology this year, it sounds exactly like my young self).
But yeah, I got over it XD

Overall, I was a really well-behaved child, but a pushover and a bit of a wimp. I was weirdly accident prone too XD I think my intuition was there the whole time and I knew exactly what people were up to, but I didn't know how to use this knowledge so it was as bad as not having it D:

I also remember being very curious and liking to climb inside things like boxes or fire guards (once when the fire was on).

I was quite the contradiction, quiet and shy, but loved to dance and party. My teachers always loved me and my parents had an easy time with me (up until highschool), my peers were sometimes nice and sometimes mean. I didn't get majorly bullied and I can understand the kids in my class being frustrated when they tried to talk to me and I would respond, but never make an effort myself. I found I just didn't understand social interactions and felt much more comfortable with my parents friends than my own. I was lost in my own head most of the time and incredibly eager to learn. Adults always complimented me for being able to compromise. Even though I was aware of my good traits I had a low self esteem which was why i never made an effort socially. I was also very sensitive and easily embarrassed.

I'm luck to have such understanding parents. My home life kept me alive when I was dreading going to school. We would go out to plays and stuff and traveled a lot. My mom makes fun of me still because I'm antisocial but still go to raves to dance, and how as a kid I never spoke loudly but when in some kind of performance they called for a volunteer, I would be the one jumping out of my seat. Me and my siblings would make up plays and perform them for our parents. When I wasn't performing, I was quietly reading or watching TV or building card towers or trying to fold the smallest paper crane possible.

haha I guess I haven't changed at all...

INFJ children have two sides. They can be very much involved in the world of people, as well as quiet, imaginative, and in their own world. They are usually gentle and abhor violence. As teenager, INFJs look for a small group of people who understand and appreciate them. Without this support, they can feel isolated from others. INFJs who do not find a supportive social group may find the teen years to be somewhat difficult for them because of peer pressure to be popular and activity oriented. They are not likely to enjoy large parties, but prefer intimate groups of close and long-standing friends.

This pretty much describes me.
I was very lucky to have a small but close circle of friends in jr. high and high school. They didn't understand me but they loved me all the same. I loved them too and was so grateful to have them.
The difference between my friends and I was that they would get angry or riled up about things that didn't phase me and vice versa. I would laugh at things they took very seriously and vice versa.
I was so outnumbered that I just put on an act to make them think I was like them. I got tired of being called weird for expressing things or doing things that were natural for me. If I had understood introversion and intuition at that time it would have helped me out a lot.

Sumone, the quote you posted describes me as well. I was not lucky finding those people who will understand and appreciate me, so I had some hard times during my late childhood and my teen years. I still don't enjoy large parties but I prefer small groups of close people :m161:

Me too!

I want to say I was much alike to most of you, I was quiet, withdrawn and played with myself mostly...but I was also an abused child. Sexually, physically, mentally. After that happened to me I became a shadow...not a shadow type, but I no longer cared what the consequences of anything were. I rebelled everything. I even rebelled normal rebellion...

I was a messed up kid...

Reactions: rawr
This s***s, Enty :( Sorry to hear that. Seems like INFJs have their share of problems. I hope you feel better now.

This s***s, Enty :( Sorry to hear that. Seems like INFJs have their share of problems. I hope you feel better now.

I am still working a lot of it out, as it has just started coming out of my blocked memories...more the sexual stuff then the rest. I knew it somewhere in the back of my mind, but your mind shields certain things from you till you are really read to deal with them. I suppose I am finally ready to deal with them.