Tell me about the future! | INFJ Forum

Tell me about the future!

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
In the future we will fetish-ize our violence in ways we haven't had the chance to yet.

Our emotions will become sexual and psychological turn-ons wherein even the most extreme sensations are re-created with nothing else in mind but to feel as deeply as possible. Emotion addicts will wander the streets weeping over tragic novella's and rage fiends will lock themselves in small rooms with multiple suicide lovers and beat them to death again and again.

We find our ugliness wonderful after just a few years and our madness becomes our escape. We join our demons and they fight for us. The resolution is increasing. Our ability to experience one another is greater than it's ever been. We will become a single cell, passing information within ourselves.

Tell me about the future! I want to hear your ideas. The most beautiful and extreme.

That vision of the future seems bleak Chessie. Is there any room for true happiness there?

I see lots of futures. There's one where we directly experience the emotions of other persons. Death loses it's consequence and terror so we begin to reach into it's depths and explore, returning from the event with new knowledge of impermanence.

In one century a lonely woman smiles her last as her conciousness is drawn out of her body and placed into another person with twenty other persons who exist together in a single body and never know emptiness again.

A baby is born without eyes and before it has left the hospital, it can see. A boy who has never felt right in his body can gain the body of a girl and the eyes of a demon in a night spent with his home surgery kit.

A monster who butchers people by day will be paid for his murder and grin to himself, knowing he's not hurting anyone. His victims walk out the door feeling clean and happy. He has found his purpose in the world.

The future:

Western society as we know it will cease to exist. In its place will emerge feudal civil territories, or democratically elected Muslim states.

People will live much like people do in the southern parts of Eastern Europe.

**shudder**

Reactions: the
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find........

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine, doing that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
``Guess it's time for the Judgement day''

In the year 8510
God's gonna shake his mighty head
He'll either say ``I'm pleased where man has been''
Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man's gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing...

Now it's been 10,000 years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday...

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find.......

Z&E

Humans will continue to ravage the Earth of its resources. Somewhere around 100 species become extinct every day due to deforestation. That's 700 a week, 36,400 species a year if we continue cutting down forests at this rate. However, deforestation will likely increase. We "need" more farm-land to feed our growing population, but when you have more food to feed the hungry the population grows larger, thus we will always be in need of more food. We will cut down forests at a greater rate, killing more and more species. Life will grow less and less diverse.

Eventually we will either destroy ourselves, or we will destroy life on this planet and look elsewhere to take over in the universe.

"With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?"

People will learn to diversify crops and use higher yield per land ratio crops, cutting down the need for huge farms and huge overall land use by 90-95%. People will waste less and thus consume less, leading to a decrease in garbage produced and again, land and resource use. Someone will discover how to seperate organic and inorganic wastes, metals from plastic of garbage in dumps, by hyper-accelerating decomposition and introducing plastic eating bacteria, creating methane powerplants at the same time as reclaiming much of our lost precious metals such as gold, silver and even mercury. Due to the increase in methane power production, nuclear sites will be shut down, and nuclear waste will no longer be produced. Nuclear isotopes needed for cancer treatment will be produced by a few waste-free plants, who turn the interim wastes into harmless non-radioactive components such as lead. This lead is easily put into the manufacturing process elsewhere. Cancer will be cured with the developments made today using a serum that resets the epigenome, and governments will have the stones to finally back it. Africa will get its act together as blind aid stops being given, and they are taught to help themselves as they have been asking for for decades. Countries like the US will no longer be able to use aid as a means to force governments to refuse social development of their own countries in order to keep the populous poor and useful as a cheap labour base. (Such as Haiti). Humans will learn to mature as a species and abhor all common tricks and formula of pop-culture to keep them dumbed down and materialistic to extremes. Art will be universally appreciated as both intrinsically valuable and psychologically necessary.

Reactions: 894tt3h9
In the far future we will take drugs in concentrated forms and use the experiences to explore other universes where the depths of our very being will be plumbed.

One day, we will pilot our planet like a ship, burning raw mass to convert to energy so we can move through the stars at near light speeds.

I will give up my body one day. I will step out of it and walk with titanium legs and carbon fiber skeleton...and I will have lost nothing.

Replacing a heart will be the work of a few hours irritation in the local medical office.

Lawyers will be removed from the law, replaced by systems of polled justice whereby millions of people are asked to give their ideas and feelings on concepts of fairness and benevolence until an equitable solution to all forms of criminality is found.

A night of fantastic sex might include a short trip to the hardware store to get batteries for your genitals.