Teenage Love | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Teenage Love

MY definition of chivalry is courteous behaviour.. E.g. I think it is chivalrous, when a man treats a girl as if she was the prettiest princess in the world while she is wearing rags.

At times of vulnerability, he will hold your hand and help you through fears.

(Of course it goes two ways!)

Last edited:
I agree that when your a teenager you shouldn't be looking for the person your going to marry, but good things can come out of teenage relationships if you take them for what they are.
The two major relationships in my life are cliche examples of the best and the worst kind of teenage romances, both of which lasted for a year. In the first we took infatuation to mean we loved eachother, blah blah stupid drama horrible breakup never spoke again.
The second was with an awsome guy who i wouldn't let myself get close to. We broke up only because he was going to university kinda far, and we are still good friends. I do love him, just not romantically anymore. We will not ever date again but ive made a friend i feel truly comfortable with which is not easy for me.
um my point here is that love does exist, but teenagers being inexperienced have a tendency to mistake feelings for something their not.

Slant said:
Because chivalry is lame.

So being courteous and helpful to people is lame now? I guess you learn something new every day.

Well, that's enough from me, I'm off to let a door slam in someone's face, oh and I must remember not to offer to help a woman if she's struggling to carry her 6 bags of shopping and her screaming kid whilst simultaneously trying to unlock her car door.

Wouldn't want to be "lame" after all.

What about 'liefde'?

*points to "Verliefd"*

What I ment to say was that in english you only have one word for love, as in the emotion of love and the act of loving. while in dutch those two are separate words.

If you use two different words, I think it would clear things up in some of the sentances slant said in the OP, well atleast for me :p

like:
-Love grows and takes time, there is a difference between love and lust
-I love you forever
-Sex isn't love!
-Illusions with love

You would know if they just spoke of the emotion or "true love".

*points to "Verliefd"*

What I ment to say was that in english you only have one word for love, as in the emotion of love and the act of loving. while in dutch those two are separate words.

If you use two different words, I think it would clear things up in some of the sentances slant said in the OP, well atleast for me :p

like:

You would know if they just spoke of the emotion or "true love".

Verliefd = in love
Liefde = love

We just have the 'ver' attached to the word.

My first experience most definitely would have scored firmly in the extreme lower left of Crab's triangle.

I was quite young and stupid.
...9 months ago.

I think that "infatuation" can describe the type of love that most teenagers mistake for "being in love with their soulmate!!!!"

No way, it was consumate in my case. That is, until she found out about it.