Talking in Group Conversations | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Talking in Group Conversations

I'm learning to be understanding of myself about that and not expecting myself to be who I am not. I definitely do want to create/draw more social interactions in which I do feel comfortable and enjoy myself. Away from the group stuff. I just don't know how to - or don't - connect in groups, and connection for me is what it's all about :)

That's good. I think we do well on one-to-one or small groups. I never really liked large groups or social outings and such. I would want to be invisible. Even family gatherings make me squeemish. Woosh. All of those egos flying around. Yikes...and it's all coming upon us as the holiday season begins.

I can definitely relate; I usually get quieter in larger groups (unless I am good friends with all of them). I used to think that this was a bad thing but I now realize that although I am often stoic and reserved, people respect my opinion more because it is considered and tend to listen when I do decide to talk.
It's very nice to know that other people have these insecurities at times. It is sometimes hard to accept that we are generally introverted as it is often seen as a weakness, but it the better.

Since I had a calculus test today (sums, sequences, and searies... ugh... shoot me), my brain is in a mathy mood, I will use this pretty graph I made! (I'm sure the NT's here will apprechate this :p)

omgtoomuchcalculusmn2.png

It is odd. When I am placed in a small group with people, I clam up ALOT and feel very unconfortable to talk. but one or two people I am usually pretty ok with. And once there is enough people around, I am perfactly fine with talking and will actually talk alot in large groups. I think it has to do with with so many people, people can't "see" me as much. of course when that group gets TOO large, I will start to feel unconfortable, but it takes alot of people for that point to be reached.

meh....I don't really do group conversations. I'll only ever really talk to one or maybe two people at the most at a time, and even then it's pretty hard. I don't have any trouble with doing public speaking or presentations, though, since I'm the only one talking, and I'm great at acting too (cause obviously it's all scripted...).

I too am like this, lol "cause obviously its all scripted" true.

I too am like this, lol "cause obviously its all scripted" true.

Same with me. I find that scripted situations are usually much easier :)
I really want to try acting!! Sounds like so much fun. I auditioned once, didn't get the role, but it was a blast, I loved it :D

Last edited:
I would rather sit on a red ant hill than be in a group converstion.

:m080:

Lonewalker

Group-Discussions are always turning out as a Mess anyways, because only the ones willing to really "fight with their Elbows" will be able to be heard. All the Others will be pretty quiet. Basically there is always one or two People who will take the Role of the "Entertainers" while the Others will be all quiet and get shy, due so much "Power" from the "Entertainers". A Group-Discussion is often like a Fight. At least I made those Experiences.
I am lucky I was always one of those "Entertainer" Persons I guess. But I did notice that some were pretty "scared" by that. But if I didn't say Anything, the Others wouldn't anyways.
I kinda try to avoid Group-Discussions. I don't feel like "playing War". :m194: