Supporting the black community | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Supporting the black community

Trump’s words on “dominating” the protestors felt so wrong to me. Because as you say, no one has rule over another. Collective power is not for Trump to use over the collective...or anyone who is not an enemy. I just felt there was something so paradoxical about him in storming over to the Church. Trump tear gassing peaceful protestors and clearing them out is like totally the opposite of Jesus flipping over the tables of money changers. I still don’t get how Christians vote for him. Just unbelievable.

I think every immigrant wave to the US has their own horror story. I mean, hello Chinese Exclusion act and Japanese Internment camps. And certainly, Asians are targeted for hate crimes right now just as brown people were targeted after 9/11. But, police brutality against black people is very specific to black people and hence the need to focus exclusively on them, their culture and their history because that’s gone on for too long.
Exactly @Chickensoup . I agree with all you're saying here!

It's a generational mindset I'm thinking. If we could find a way forward in acceptance the future of a diverse America would be an exciting place indeed. However, it will take all, every side, to come into that acceptance.

I'm hopeful in light of all the atrocities that have occurred in recent months the majority recognizes that there needs be a change from the highest of high right down to the depth of the sewer, beginning with the leadership. ;)

I’m in Oakland now and...this place is giving me life. I’ve missed most of the protesting, but I plan on going to the ones this weekend. It seems ludicrous to me that people are afraid of these youngsters here - hanging out in their cars, listening to their music. Defiant, strong, unified.

The protests are still happening. The fight for equality and justice is so far from over. Things will not be okay until every person listens, understands, and fights against the inherent racial biases integrated into our society. These stories have stopped floating to the surface of the noise but it was, is, and will be an ongoing struggle.

A handy list of ways to support groups who are on the front lines of this struggle:

-Go to a street medic training
-Run jail support
-If you're good at using the internet (as in better than average), learn how to securely (and correctly) doxx these people.
-If you're a creative type, write a zine about anti-fascism
-If you're EMT trained, HOST a street medic training
-Become a legal observer through the National Lawyers Guild
-Set up letter writing events to send to political prisoners
-There's a lot of parents who want to fight but can't because of their kids, watch their kids for them
-If you can cook, organize food drives/pot lucks for the larger demonstrations.
-Help people in more counseling/therapy ways.
-Help get needed supplies, such as food, water, and medical supplies.
-When organizing, inclusivity is not optional, and is mandatory to win.
-Listen to the concerns of those most effected.

Reactions: yjn45
The protests are still happening. The fight for equality and justice is so far from over. Things will not be okay until every person listens, understands, and fights against the inherent racial biases integrated into our society. These stories have stopped floating to the surface of the noise but it was, is, and will be an ongoing struggle.

A handy list of ways to support groups who are on the front lines of this struggle:

-Go to a street medic training
-Run jail support
-If you're good at using the internet (as in better than average), learn how to securely (and correctly) doxx these people.
-If you're a creative type, write a zine about anti-fascism
-If you're EMT trained, HOST a street medic training
-Become a legal observer through the National Lawyers Guild
-Set up letter writing events to send to political prisoners
-There's a lot of parents who want to fight but can't because of their kids, watch their kids for them
-If you can cook, organize food drives/pot lucks for the larger demonstrations.
-Help people in more counseling/therapy ways.
-Help get needed supplies, such as food, water, and medical supplies.
-When organizing, inclusivity is not optional, and is mandatory to win.
-Listen to the concerns of those most effected.
Whoa! This is awesome! Thank you very much for posting this.