SUPER MOON! | INFJ Forum

SUPER MOON!

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Did not know where else to put this. For those of you who do not know there will be a super moon on Sunday the 28th. One of only five since the 1900's.

Last edited:
IT'S OVER 9000!

lunar-eclipse-sept-28-2015-visibility.jpg

This graphic shows the areas of the Earth where viewers will see the lunar eclipse of Sept. 28, 2015, including much of North America, South America, Africa and Europe.
Credit: NASA/JPL-CaltechView full size image

The moon will not only be a super moon, but will have a full lunar eclipse showing reddish hues of Biblical proportions.

There have only been 8 times in the last 2000+ years to have been tetra blood moons. Each have happened on God's feast or Passover days, and extreme circumstances. This one will be during the moon's apogee. 6000 may have been blood moons, but not tetra blood moons. This will be a super blood moon. It is a unique rarity.

There have only been 8 times in the last 2000+ years to have been tetra blood moons. Each have happened on God's feast or Passover days, and extreme circumstances. This one will be during the moon's apogee. 6000 may have been blood moons, but not tetra blood moons. This will be a super blood moon. It is a unique rarity.

Ah perhaps that is it. I did not specify the blood moon aspect.

Soooo... is it Friday, Sunday or Monday? [MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] says Friday.
The chart says Sunday
and the text under it says Monday.

This is comfusing. The News in TV (Swedish) said it's on Monday 4:00-5:00 (Swedish time), so I'll go with that.

Soooo... is it Friday, Sunday or Monday? [MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] says Friday.
The chart says Sunday
and the text under it says Monday.

This is comfusing. The News in TV (Swedish) said it's on Monday 4:00-5:00 (Swedish time), so I'll go with that.

Sorry my mistake. The 28th...not sure why I put Friday.

Can't wait to see this.. forecast is for a rare cloudless evening Sunday
The moon will be rising already partially eclipsed in my corner of perspective -- just need to find an open place clear of trees =D

Time would change as everything moves, so check your local times.

Looks like we won't be seeing the eclipse from our area... :(

But anyway, NASA will be providing a broadcast. Here's the livestream link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc

And a short video presentation about the event:

[video=youtube;vKAw_wrIr5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKAw_wrIr5s[/video]

Reactions: Breathlessangel
It would have been awesome to chat with you during the eclipse... but, since it's 4 in the morning here in Sweden, I'm probably too tired for it.

They say it could be seen in Iran as well. The map shows otherwise. but I'll be waiting to see it anyway ^_^

ugh I live in Holland, the light pollution here is as in your face as an oil spill in shallow waters.

Not to mention it's not real safe here after dark... The only place I can think off that might allow me a decent view is the park,
I'm not sure It's a good idea to go there at 2 am outside the street lights to watch the big red super moon.
Hopefully I can see it from my window, and chill in the windowsill.

Unless we get WW3 in the meantime or I get an unfortunate accident though, I'm gonna watch it from my backyard in 2033. When I'm freaking 42-43 years old o_O ...

this is so cool

Reactions: hush
It is visible here now, I spent the past 10 minutes looking at it and will go check in a bit.

Im still waiting for the comet to hit the US.

I've been outside watching this for a while now and it's beautiful.