Stressful Interview! (Rachel Maddow Show) | INFJ Forum

Stressful Interview! (Rachel Maddow Show)

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by IndigoSensor, Oct 8, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by IndigoSensor
  1. IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    I was watching the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC tonight, when an interview came on. It was between her, and republican oregon senate canidate Art Robinson. If you don't know who rachel maddow is, she is a quite liberal news anchor, and is known for her sarcasm and use of extreme right wing republicans as sidehanded punching bags. At times I think she goes too far, but I find myself agreeing with most of what she says so I enjoy her program.

    This interview though... It didn't go so well. I have NEVER seen someone (Art) talk over someone this much before! I started to have bad anxiety half way through this just from watching it! While neither of their hands were clean, I do think rachel was being mostly fair and was offering up quite valid (albeit, indeed out dated) questions. Art just refused to answer anything. I think rachel's goal was indeed to make him look silly (as she does with most extreme right wing people), and Art was trying his hardest to make rachel look like a bitch.


    I'll just let you watch the interviews, be prepared to cringe:

    [YOUTUBE]BNVTFP9-iQ8[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]j0jnp2d8czU[/YOUTUBE]

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVTFP9-iQ8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jnp2d8czU
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Blind Bandit likes this.
  2. Raccoon Love

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Threads:
    310
    Messages:
    5,413
    Likes Received:
    703
    Trophy Points:
    657
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Gosh, this video is almost unwatchable. The way Art Robinson constantly talks over Rachel is suffocating, but I guess that can be a disguise to avoid really looking flawed in his campaign which in a way it is clear that Rachel does not really share much of his beliefs. Robinson uses the same argument every time when avoiding the questions, which in my opinion makes him look rather bad due to the fact that Rachel is quoting directly from his research papers. What is the purpose of an interview/ debate if only one person wants to take over the entire conversation..jeez.
     
  3. Billy

    Billy Contents Under Pressure
    Donor

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2009
    Threads:
    95
    Messages:
    4,826
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,249
    Trophy Points:
    381
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    CT
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    ....
    Rachel Maddow is retarded. Does SHE care about moveon.org spending MILLIONS on ads anonymously for Kerry and Obama? I think Art did a great job, he wasnt going to be caught in a rachel maddow drive by. Why is she even on air? Shes a shitty left wing version of O'rielly, except very very unsuccessful.

    wow i can hardly stomach this, utter yellow journalism.
     
    #3 Billy, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. Detective Conan

    Detective Conan Doesn't Cast Shadows

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Threads:
    31
    Messages:
    1,665
    Likes Received:
    184
    Trophy Points:
    210
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    2w1
    I actually felt bad for her while watching the interview. I can see how someone could get anxious from watching this. I actually found Robinson's responses amusing, because he rarely gave an answer to Maddow's questions. Whether or not he published something fifteen years ago really doesn't affect how relevant the statements are, which I'm guessing are very relevant for how often Robinson pointed out how old the statements were and didn't give any reason as to why he no longer believes those statements. I think that him talking over her questions and commenting on her interview skills derailed the interview more than anything Maddow herself did.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Detective Conan, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  5. Billy

    Billy Contents Under Pressure
    Donor

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2009
    Threads:
    95
    Messages:
    4,826
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,249
    Trophy Points:
    381
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    CT
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    ....

    No she isnt! lol! the guy is a research scientist, he wrote MILLIONS of words on the subjects she is talking about and she picks a 10 word sentence that sounds bad and then strings an editorial OPINION into it ans saying "are you still a conspiracy theorist " I mean... And you people act like hes cutting her off from her interview, whos interview is this? her views or his? For someone who is supposed to be asking questions, she spent more time pressing opinions then anything else. This video, Rachel Maddow are a sad marker of exactly what is wrong with our "news" i this country. I would call her a bad journalist, but shes not a journalist, at LEAST Bill Orielly admits that he is an editorialist and not a journalist, this is pathetic. She looked like a complete novice and this guy ripped her to shreds, she did more harm to the politician she is trying to help then the one she is trying to hurt.
     
  6. OP
    IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    I wouldn't call her show news. I more call it political opinion / commentary. It can be seen as news by some because it is giving off information, but when one injects a lot of their opinions into something it steps away from that.


    This
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Feelings

    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2009
    Threads:
    178
    Messages:
    4,531
    Likes Received:
    639
    Trophy Points:
    245
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    -
    I kept thinking that Obama wouldn't have any trouble with answering her questions given that he had the same history as Art.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Soulful

    Soulful life is good

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    Threads:
    249
    Messages:
    5,014
    Likes Received:
    713
    Trophy Points:
    245
    MBTI:
    *Cringe* That was horrible.
     
  9. Feelings

    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2009
    Threads:
    178
    Messages:
    4,531
    Likes Received:
    639
    Trophy Points:
    245
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    -
    what's with such strong reactions
    just another dumbass, except this one got airtime
    you've never seen them before?? they're everywhere
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Detective Conan

    Detective Conan Doesn't Cast Shadows

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Threads:
    31
    Messages:
    1,665
    Likes Received:
    184
    Trophy Points:
    210
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    2w1
    I was about to say that I felt a little bad for Robinson, because I found several rumors that said Robinson didn't assume ownership of the newsletter, Access to Energy, until 1993, and that some of the articles Maddow referenced in the interview were written by the supposed former owner, Petr Beckmann. I can't confirm this, however, since the official archive for the newsletter in no way cites an author for the articles, even those post 1993.

    However, he didn't even try to mention ownership issues that could have raised questions about the credibility of Maddow's research to the average audience, which leads me to believe the rumors I read on the subject are only rumors. Furthermore, by constantly referring to the age of the articles being 15 years, Robinson indirectly takes full credit for the articles (since 15 years ago would be 1995, two years after Robinson's acquisition of the newsletter). The fact he references writing thousands and thousands of pages without stating whether or not these pages are all published in the newsletter pushes him closer to accepting responsibility for those articles.

    Also, for some more after thoughts on the interview, Robinson, by not providing Maddow with substantial answers to the questions presented to him, did not provide the people he wants to vote for him with substantial answers. After watching the interview, I don't know any more about Robinson, or what he and his campaign, stands for than what I would get from watching a political campaign ad.

    I'm rambling now... erm, carry on.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Raccoon Love

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Threads:
    310
    Messages:
    5,413
    Likes Received:
    703
    Trophy Points:
    657
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Exactly my point. Weather Rachel was trying to spread negative ideas is not important, but the fact that Robinson kept on cutting when she was trying to give a question. Not to mention he kept given most of the same responses on to why he does not wish to respond, which made him look rather bad.
     
  12. Billy

    Billy Contents Under Pressure
    Donor

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2009
    Threads:
    95
    Messages:
    4,826
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,249
    Trophy Points:
    381
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    CT
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    ....
    Wait wait.... that she was trying to smear and ambush a guy running for office is not important, whats important is that he didnt fall into her trap? Seriously? He didnt look bad, he looked rather intelligent, the 1st rule in politics is not to be on the defensive, its to get your points across, Rachel Maddow should have her travesty of a show cancelled, she, continually referencing the 150,000 anonymous dollars he got, woopdidoo, how many millions does MSNBC spend to promote her failing show? Does that get counted in the incumbents favor?
     
  13. OP
    IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    From what I have read on other commentary sites on this interview, there is a camp of people that think rachael did very well and there is a camp that thinks robininson did very well. Neither of those sides are ever going to see how the other sees what they do. I personally think Rachel did well and robinson was very (for lack of a better word) mean/unanswering in his responses. I can't really see how others would think otherwise. Nevertheless there is broad enough set of opinions that I must understand that it must be a valid opinion to also see that robinson did well.

    Your inate political opinions, what issues you feel are releveant to a canidate, and your opinions on how a debate (even though this was an interview) should be run and dealt with, will ultimately determine what you see in this. That is why there are different views on this interview itself.

    And for the record, rachel's show actually has some of the highest ratings on MSNBC and even compared to other news shows on other networks. There is simply enough people out there who like it. By comparision, the glen beck show (to which I can not stand even remotely) does very well as well. It baffles me, but it is what it is and people like it.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Kavalan

    Kavalan Has risen

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2009
    Threads:
    41
    Messages:
    1,478
    Likes Received:
    328
    Trophy Points:
    637
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    1W9
    because both shows are opposite sides to the same coin
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    IndigoSensor likes this.
  15. Feelings

    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2009
    Threads:
    178
    Messages:
    4,531
    Likes Received:
    639
    Trophy Points:
    245
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    -
    you are wrong because you are different
    that is all
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Feelings

    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2009
    Threads:
    178
    Messages:
    4,531
    Likes Received:
    639
    Trophy Points:
    245
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    -
    I felt the questions were valid. The girl was on him like stink on shit for dodging her questions but I think they were valid. If I was a citizen I'd want to see a response to the guy's research writings. Maybe he's written a lot and doesn't recall, maybe it's outdated, but that doesn't invalidate the question at all. He should be able to, and should answer. And about that $150,000 anonymous donations, well that's just a matter of fact. There's nothing wrong with stating that point blank.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. magister343

    magister343 Permanent Fixture

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2010
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    1,106
    Likes Received:
    209
    Trophy Points:
    607
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    stupid system (5w4)
    What's the problem with anonymous donations? Shouldn't we be a lot more concerned about funds from those who make their donations known to the candidate and may try to use this to influence policy? I would personally prefer it if all political donations were required to be anonymous.



    As they say, "The Solution to Pollution is Dilution." It is true that reducing human radiation expose beyond a certain point does more harm than good (essentially, if there is not enough radiation for the body to recognize then the mechanisms it uses to defend against what little radiation there is get shut down), but short of living in lead containers it is very hard to reduce levels that much in most parts of the country. I do remember reading about one or two spots where radiation levels are too low for human health though.




    This reminded me a lot of my attempts to debate things with my father. I'm guessing Art is also an INTJ who relies too heavily on his immature tertiary Fi. What type is Maddow, ENTP?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #17 magister343, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  18. OP
    IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    Oh maddow is without a doubt an ENTP
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. rogarn

    rogarn Community Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    Threads:
    2
    Messages:
    170
    Likes Received:
    22
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Can you link the video for me? The embedded videos arent working for me. :(
     
    IndigoSensor likes this.
  20. ~jet

    ~jet Director of Space Exploration

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2010
    Threads:
    30
    Messages:
    1,172
    Likes Received:
    219
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5 or 5w4, so/sp/sx
    Maddow is the best; just saying ... I miss her show (MSNBC streaming took a beating somewhere, making Olbermann and herself unwatchable.) I still heartily approve of both, though
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #20 ~jet, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    IndigoSensor likes this.
Loading...
Similar Threads - Stressful Interview Rachel
  1. Kavalan
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    2,901

Share This Page