Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The bad guy was hardly compelling. I remember feeling some apprehension with Vader but this guy just came off as a spoiled kid with a light saber toy.

He didn't really have time to develop. We had Vader for three whole movies, and then had another three movies about creating him. We barely had Kylo Ren for one movie, half of which was spent on reunions.

Really this should have been at least two movies.

Ya'll are just jealous of the helmet and epic murder tantrum ability

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1d8b6b84562d0df6628935e028f987e412c73437d300b6c64929657faf41a10f_1.jpg
    1d8b6b84562d0df6628935e028f987e412c73437d300b6c64929657faf41a10f_1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 23
Just saw it this weekend. I enjoyed it.

Attachments

• Anakin+and+kylo+the+musical_a59e1a_5810032.jpg
    Anakin+and+kylo+the+musical_a59e1a_5810032.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 25
It's less about his face and more about his expressions and mannerisms. Especially when he was trying to interrogate/intimidate Rey.

Ah well, I was also referring to his character, as there are such parallels there as well. To each their own, though.

Reactions: Free
Ah well, I was also referring to his character, as there are such parallels there as well. To each their own, though.

There's definitely a parallel between Kylo and Anakin. I just think people were expecting a badass rather than a proto-badass, which both of them are.

Edit:
They're both essentially baby villains. The comic parody earlier in the thread is quite apt in describing how I felt about Kylo. Half evil and half adorable. -.-

For me it rolled along pretty well, if predictably. I think it tried a little too hard to pander to nostalgia.

I enjoyed it even though it kind of played out as just a fan-wank list of "things that need to happen"

Yes. It seemed to have a lot of fill stuff and back story while trying to weave in new characters with old. I look at it like a "bridge" story.

Still.... it was wonderful to see the old crew back up on the big screen. :)

Yeah Kgal, I smiled and could imagine the applause in the theater when Chewy, Han, and Princess Leia stepped into frame.

Sprinkles, maybe that was kind of it for me. There seemed to be a laundry list of plot points that I didn't really see the need for, but were probably essential to the hardcore fans. I had no idea what was going to happen, but all the way through I wasn't like "Wow, no wai!" It was more like "Hm, so that's where they're going with that. Ok." The characters always seemed "safe" and when something like Han's apparent death happened, it was pretty loud and clear that something bad was coming. So it was less compelling.

I'm not hatin' on it. I mean, they sure didn't ham it up and wreck it like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, which still makes me cry a little inside when I think of how eager I was to see it T_T

I look forward to see things pick up in the next installment.

Yeah Kgal, I smiled and could imagine the applause in the theater when Chewy, Han, and Princess Leia stepped into frame.

Sprinkles, maybe that was kind of it for me. There seemed to be a laundry list of plot points that I didn't really see the need for, but were probably essential to the hardcore fans. I had no idea what was going to happen, but all the way through I wasn't like "Wow, no wai!" It was more like "Hm, so that's where they're going with that. Ok." The characters always seemed "safe" and when something like Han's apparent death happened, it was pretty loud and clear that something bad was coming. So it was less compelling.

I'm not hatin' on it. I mean, they sure didn't ham it up and wreck it like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, which still makes me cry a little inside when I think of how eager I was to see it T_T

I look forward to see things pick up in the next installment.

I think it's just the fact that the way movies are made is just more boring than it used to be. Or maybe because the way movies are made hasn't really changed or evolved.

The problem is that for the plot to make sense, most of the plot elements must be introduced before hand, and what happens when a movie is too condensed is that all you end up with is a string of plot elements and nothing else, which leads to things being predictable.

e.g. when Han mentions the Rathtars, you know they're going to get out and wreck the place, you know it just because he mentioned them. Since you know they are there, they have to do something, and what they're going to do is pretty obvious.

A necessary act of thread necromancy:

@JJJA

Reactions: Wyote