[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Hey everyone, I’ve been doing some fan theory reading, apparently there is a movement that thinks a new type of Jedi will now step onto the scene, grey Jedi, which uses both light and dark sides of the force.... thoughts?

Yea that's what we've all been referring to in a sense, if not overtly then in some general sense there will be grey Jedi. They are already a somewhat well established thing in the fandom and in Rogue One there are characters who are part of the Guardians of the Whills which may allude to a new grey type ideology. I believe that the character of Chirrut is probably the first on screen example of this new grey type, though maybe not fully... more like apprentice level.

Yea that's what we've all been referring to in a sense, if not overtly then in some general sense there will be grey Jedi. They are already a somewhat well established thing in the fandom and in Rogue One there are characters who are part of the Guardians of the Whills which may allude to a new grey type ideology. I believe that the character of Chirrut is probably the first on screen example of this new grey type, though maybe not fully... more like apprentice level.
Yeah sorry I did see there were some comments referencing Grey, I just wasn’t sure if this is what you guys were referring to exactly! My bad, I did see those though!

Hey everyone, I’ve been doing some fan theory reading, apparently there is a movement that thinks a new type of Jedi will now step onto the scene, grey Jedi, which uses both light and dark sides of the force.... thoughts?
Gray Jedi have been around, but I think they may have a more central part, now. This movie emphasized balance and change. Gray can walk the line without going sith, or is balanced between light and dark sides of the force. Looks like it's going in that direction.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to see happen is Kylo turn his lightsaber white and Rey's staff she's been carrying around this whole time turn into some sort of black saber weapon. #pipedreams

Last edited:
This is an interesting article that makes comments on gray Jedi and current events.

Star Wars: Why Gray Jedi Are What The World Needs Right Now

The Luke bit was an especially interesting way to look at it, as I and I know many others expected him to play a much bigger role in TLJ.
I just realized I technically spelled Grey wrong, I think Greys anatomy ruined me.... thanks for the read! I think I’m ready for some special Jedi, and the color gray goes with everything so they should definitely revamp their outfits.... I’m kidding.... maybe

Reactions: hush and Free
I just realized I technically spelled Grey wrong, I think Greys anatomy ruined me.... thanks for the read! I think I’m ready for some special Jedi, and the color gray goes with everything so they should definitely revamp their outfits.... I’m kidding.... maybe

Both are acceptable spelling variants, it really just boils down to preference or the region in which one lives (sort of like color vs. colour). :smiley:

I think with the film crushing it at the box office once again, and earning $800million thus far, we can safely say audiences overall are being drawn in. Love it or hate it, the film was a good business move.

Both are acceptable spelling variants, it really just boils down to preference or the region in which one lives (sort of like color vs. colour). :smiley:

lol makes me think they may avoid using the word grey/gray for this reason alone. Too many variants of products and consumer confusion :p

Star Wars: The Rise of the Ambiguous Jedi :p

LOL ok, maybe they will do it, for further trolling. Chirrut the Grey, Rey the Gray. Kylo the Gay.

It's been a week and I am still angry at this movie. There are two parts to this impression. One is the new content - fresh characters, the first order, etc. As standalone product, it was mediocre at best. Kylo was a bit more interesting this time around, Rey "wooden face" experienced no growth at all. The plot was mildly entertaining and rather forgettable in the end. Another superhero movie, just in space.

The other was the legacy part - returning characters and the whole Star Wars theme. It's where the shit hits the fan in my opinion. To start, all of the returning cast were out of sync with their original roles. Or rather they have been regressed to their initial state. Thus Luke is anxious and bitchy once again - he would rather go with his friends to look for power converters than to fight evil. Han is the ever young space cowboy, not yet ready to commit. And Leia just a damsel in distress really. Completely gone are their growth experiences during the original series. They have even resurrected Yoda to point out exactly that: "Luke why are you fucking with that tree instead of helping your people?" It means that this was a deliberate decision from producers. And it was really insulting to bring back the most beloved movie characters of all times just to trash them like that.

Overall it felt more like a parody of SW than the real deal. From the very first scene with conference call jokes, Luke cracking wooden one-liners about Rey's planet, continuing to Snoke "my precioussss", Chewbacca turning vegetarian, Leia's space walk and so on. I wondered how, given the overall incompetence of the first order (look no further than General Hux), did they manage to overthrow the republic. It probably meant that the latter were even dumber. My suspicions were confirmed when no one thought of checking for alternative cave exits and had to be finger pointed at the end.

Reactions: Free and Reason
XZvE8yIfRjLUTb5Q-sWLhFwjWoWSWl_b6CEK-7ghVBI.jpg