[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I thought there was a good discussion and examination of this in the film, too. It made it clear that no one is infallible, no one purely good, nor evil. Everything is connected, and everyone exists along a spectrum.

It makes the SW universe more interesting and more in line with where the fandom is at outside of the core films. Really hoping they run with it.

I sense i'm upsetting people so i'm just going to duck out now. sorry.

Not upsetting at all, I like a good debate. ;) So no apologies. You're sharing your thoughts, I'm sharing mine, simple as that. Everyone should be free to share their thoughts and observations here, regardless of agreement, it only gets frustrating when it feels like you're talking to a brick wall/broken record (NOT referring to you).

Overall a competent movie that was okay. I didn't hate it like I was supposed to or love it like was supposed to. Mostly because I don't read things online about movies I know for sure i'm going to watch, also don't watch the trailers for the same reason. I was extremely worried with the number of directors that Disney canned that it was going to be the product of Disney think tanks in a cynical attempt to separate rubes from their money. After seeing this was not the case I was pleased. A lot of the director's decisions were puzzling but overall it was a decent and original Star Wars movie. To anyone who hasn't seen it I would recommend giving it a watch.

I didn't hate it like I was supposed to or love it like was supposed to.

Would you... would you say, you were grey or balanced about it?

1u52lg.jpg

I am totally unbalanced. Fuck this movie franchise.

JK tho, I really do love it

Empire was also a film that dealt with failure. The parallels are cool.

I watched Return of the Jedi. I think if ep9 continues the parallels, it'll be interesting to see how Snoke will factor into things. I'd like to maybe see a flashback with a fight between Luke and Snoke. That is if we don't get the real deal I mean. It would be cool to see Luke fighting him and then discovering something unexpected.

I don't like the idea that Luke just went into hiding and cut himself off from the force just because he lost once against Ben. Something crazy must have happened. I want to see it.

Anyway, there's a lot of pressure on the next one. I just want story cohesion and a decent fight.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More thoughts to come later when I've had more time to process everything...
Yeah, that's about all I have the ability to articulate at this time. My thoughts and theories are all colliding at the same exact moment and I need a bit of reflection to pick them apart. One theme of thought I had prior to watching the film that remained after:
I think Rey will pull Ben from the darkside, Ben will pull Rey from the light. Together they will bring balance to the galaxy. Yin and Yang, opposite yet complimenting, in perfect harmony. And she's totally gonna have his babies. *squee* >.<
Rey + Ben = Ren

Fuck that Reylo bs. There are so many clues to where they'll end up, it's astounding. I'm trying to grasp my thoughts to give them words with this film.

"You're not alone."
"Neither are you."

They are mirrored images of each other and I quite like that. I absolutely loved their intimate Force face-timing sessions. It showed that they were connected by something greater. They each saw one another's future, Rey at Kylo's side, Kylo turning from the darkside... Two distinctly different futures, but they are there together, their destinies intertwined. Snoke took credit for the face timing, yet it continued after his demise. I believe that their connection to The Force feeds and grows from one another. Together they are insanely powerful. At the moment, I think they are mere novices at understanding this, and using it.

I really do hope Kylo was truthful regarding Rey's parentage. I think it would be awesome to have a Force user of her magnitude that came from nothing. A chick from the ghetto of the universe. *wistful sigh* The little boy at the end, grabbing the broom... The Force is within us all. You needn't come from a special bloodline to utilize it. I think we'll see more of that in future films as Rey attempts to rebuild the Jedi order with a modern flair to it. Much like today's religions adapting from medieval thinking to match the ideals of the generations of today.

The Skywalker lightsaber being ripped in two. Again, in two. It wasn't destroyed, just another metaphor that if they oppose each other, there will always be a divide.

That's all I can say for now, need to ponder some more. :D

Yeah, that's about all I have the ability to articulate at this time. My thoughts and theories are all colliding at the same exact moment and I need a bit of reflection to pick them apart. One theme of thought I had prior to watching the film that remained after:

Rey + Ben = Ren

Fuck that Reylo bs. There are so many clues to where they'll end up, it's astounding. I'm trying to grasp my thoughts to give them words with this film.

"You're not alone."
"Neither are you."

They are mirrored images of each other and I quite like that. I absolutely loved their intimate Force face-timing sessions. It showed that they were connected by something greater. They each saw one another's future, Rey at Kylo's side, Kylo turning from the darkside... Two distinctly different futures, but they are there together, their destinies intertwined. Snoke took credit for the face timing, yet it continued after his demise. I believe that their connection to The Force feeds and grows from one another. Together they are insanely powerful. At the moment, I think they are mere novices at understanding this, and using it.

I really do hope Kylo was truthful regarding Rey's parentage. I think it would be awesome to have a Force user of her magnitude that came from nothing. A chick from the ghetto of the universe. *wistful sigh* The little boy at the end, grabbing the broom... The Force is within us all. You needn't come from a special bloodline to utilize it. I think we'll see more of that in future films as Rey attempts to rebuild the Jedi order with a modern flair to it. Much like today's religions adapting from medieval thinking to match the ideals of the generations of today.

The Skywalker lightsaber being ripped in two. Again, in two. It wasn't destroyed, just another metaphor that if they oppose each other, there will always be a divide.

That's all I can say for now, need to ponder some more. :D

I was thinking too, that if that's Rey's true parentage, she'll just be like Anakin, anyway. A boy who came from nothing, and who went Dark. A girl who came from nothing, and who was Light. In the end, he wasn't truly, completely Dark, and I think we might see her similarly Grey. As you say, balance.

And did you see how seamlessly they fought together in the throne room? Gawd, lol. They were pretty much perfectly in tune with one another and pulled off some impressive joint feats.

So much of where they're going is a move away from the stagnation of the old Jedi order, who limited themselves in the progress with the Force truly as equally as the Sith.

P.S.

Rey + Ben = Ren = YES

P.P.S

Still finding the wordz.

I was thinking too, that if that's Rey's true parentage, she'll just be like Anakin, anyway. A boy who came from nothing, and who went Dark. A girl who came from nothing, and who was Light. In the end, he wasn't truly, completely Dark, and I think we might see her similarly Grey. As you say, balance.

And did you see how seamlessly they fought together in the throne room? Gawd, lol. They were pretty much perfectly in tune with one another and pulled off some impressive joint feats.

So much of where they're going is a move away from the stagnation of the old Jedi order, who limited themselves in the progress with the Force truly as equally as the Sith.

P.S.

Rey + Ben = Ren = YES

P.P.S

Still finding the wordz.
So much all of this!!!!

It also makes me wonder at the Rule of Two. One master, one apprentice. I don't think Rey is Kylo's apprentice or vice versa. They are equals in The Force.

I didn't mean to focus solely on Rey and Ben, everyone had their own missions to keep the Rebellion alive. But yeah, werdz... Difykult.

One last thing...

I keep getting the impression that a source of disappoinment for many fans is that they always expect to see Luke, Jedi Hero. What they showcased in TLJ was Luke, Jedi Human.

ALTHOUGH HONESTLY, what he pulled off? That badassery? He even dressed himself in some pimpin' digs just so he could look boss AF while he basically told Kylo to f*ck off.

One last thing...

I keep getting the impression that a source of disappoinment for many fans is that they always expect to see Luke, Jedi Hero. What they showcased in TLJ was Luke, Jedi Human.

ALTHOUGH HONESTLY, what he pulled off? That badassery? He even dressed himself in some pimpin' digs just so he could look boss AF while he basically told Kylo to f*ck off.
I agree so much!
People probably expected to see more. More training with Rey, more Jedi Master badassery, just more. We missed so much of his story that's only begun to unfold in this film. His self sacrifice was my favorite part of the film, and an important one for future installments. I can't wait for him to show up with Yoda 'n Crew, causing Jedi Master badassery and giggles. But I also think we'll see more flashbacks of his story with Kylo.
For me, The Force Awakens was a tale tell that it's awakening all across the galaxy, not only within Rey, and The Last Jedi is just the beginning.