Speeding and Drink Driving | INFJ Forum

Speeding and Drink Driving

S

Shai Gar

This one did nothing for me because I never drink drive anymore and I refuse to get into a car with someone who has. Still has a brutal message.
[YOUTUBE]sydo57RPbuA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ni67ebhYNnU[/YOUTUBE]

This one certainly means something. I'm going to go buy myself some protective gear.
[YOUTUBE]s-o9FD7Kf5A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SBqQvIzpFx4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]k2xbUllH2mo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm gunna have to start doing the speed limit on my scooter. I can understand now why they lower the insurance rates at 26. I'm 25 and act a little stupid on the road, but damn, Very close to 26, and I understand not to.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOes with out saying, not to drink and drive. But i have been guilty of jumping in with drunk drivers alot. Just never have and never will drive drunk.

drink drivers tend to survive more crashes than their passengers. I know three drunk drivers who crashed and killed everyone on board, a mate included.

Getting into a car with a drunk driver is stupider than driving drunk.

Man...if we had these types of PSA's in America I guarantee you the drunk driving rates would plummet - as would the speeding rates.

Those are some *powerful* commercials, Shai. Thanks for sharing them.

Yes, true enuf. There was an incident some time ago in the company i work for. The employess signed out a truck during the weather day with plans of getting drunk. They did, on the way back to camp however the truck ended up rolling. There was only one death, the only guy wearing his seatbelt. Everyone in the truck was drunk including the driver.

Really? Some of them were tame graphically, compared to Australian ones, specifically QLD Transport ones.

I've *never* seen a drunk driving ad featured women, and never seen ads that stuck with me. The latest one? Has guys in cars filled to the brim with liquid (presumably what they drank that night) and the cop opening their car door while the liquid spills into the street. Cop asks, "have you been drinking tonight, sir?" And that's how the PSA goes.

No huge accidents, no scare tactics. We have more powerful commercials for anti-cigarette ads!

Getting into a car with a drunk driver is stupider than driving drunk.

Absolutely. We should all do everything we can to stop these stupid people. I was having a drink with a few mates one day (We'd gone through nearly 2 bottles of tequila between three of us) when one of my more nobbish mate decided he was going for a drive. I physically restrained him and took the keys out of his hand. It nearly came to blows, but luckily I am much bigger than him and he backed off. This could of got interesting if it had been the other person that was there, as he is much bigger than me!

at first I thought the title was "speed dating and drink driving". Would have been a fun topic.

But, coming to a theater near you - A designated driver. He did the right thing. He took the keys. And then... he's lost and doesn't know where they are. They shouldn't have gone to that bar in the middle of nowhere. I won't spoil it - it is a Hollywood cliche. Now enter the drunk, back seat driving.

I give it three out of five beer bottles.

Mmm, b33r.

in Darwin, and apparently everywhere in australia there's something called "Sober Bob", whoever is designated driver for the night, gets free softdrink from the bar continuously all night. No alcohol though.

Since I don't drink alcohol anymore it's a cheap way for me to enjoy myself out at night.

in Darwin, and apparently everywhere in australia there's something called "Sober Bob", whoever is designated driver for the night, gets free softdrink from the bar continuously all night. No alcohol though.

Since I don't drink alcohol anymore it's a cheap way for me to enjoy myself out at night.
What about Bob?

[Edit] We used to have a guy on TV named Super Dave. He would do stupid things, but he wasn't drunk.

Last edited:
i think the main cause of all the accidents were because 1) the steering wheel is on the wrong side... 2) because they were driving on the wrong side of the road...

lol... that's funny right there...

they do the same thing in Canada here, they even give the "Sober Bob" a little bracelate saying "Designated Driver"

Edit: hahahah yeah MJ true enough

Heh, never heard of that. Either we don't have it here, bar staff are scungey or I'm going to the wrong places. Good concept.

I fucking hate drunk drivers. I was hit by one two years ago. My boyfriend and I were in the car when all the bars let out. We were sitting at a red light when we see lights flashing at us. I turn my neck to look back and this SUV hits us at full speed and totals our BRAND NEW LESS THAN A WEEK OLD CAR. The kid hops out of the car and says..

"Sorry dudes I'm so fucking drunk I couldn't find the brake. I was flashing my lights so you could move. Don't worry I have GREAT insurance. Let's not get the cops involved. I can't have another DUI on my record, bro"

"Sorry man, my girlfriend's hurt and my cars totalled. We have to call the cops"
"Oh come on, bro, that is so seriously uncool. I'll lose my license forever. I can write you a check or something"

Then he drunkenly got back in his car and sped off before the cops came. I got pretty bad whiplash. They found him (cops didn't bother going to his house until the next afternoon, too late for a alcohol test) but it was his word against ours (even though he had numerous DUI's) and his rich daddy pulled some strings. My neck *still* hurts when it's cold or I'm in a bad mood/stressed.

^ that's totally effed up!

All bar bouncers ought to be equipt with a breathalyser. Anyone who drinks and drives and is caught (in their own car) should have a week in jail, and their car crushed. If it's not their car, they ought to spend a month in jail.

Mandatory Sentencing.

I fucking hate drunk drivers. I was hit by one two years ago. My boyfriend and I were in the car when all the bars let out. We were sitting at a red light when we see lights flashing at us. I turn my neck to look back and this SUV hits us at full speed and totals our BRAND NEW LESS THAN A WEEK OLD CAR. The kid hops out of the car and says..

"Sorry dudes I'm so fucking drunk I couldn't find the brake. I was flashing my lights so you could move. Don't worry I have GREAT insurance. Let's not get the cops involved. I can't have another DUI on my record, bro"

"Sorry man, my girlfriend's hurt and my cars totalled. We have to call the cops"
"Oh come on, bro, that is so seriously uncool. I'll lose my license forever. I can write you a check or something"

Then he drunkenly got back in his car and sped off before the cops came. I got pretty bad whiplash. They found him (cops didn't bother going to his house until the next afternoon, too late for a alcohol test) but it was his word against ours (even though he had numerous DUI's) and his rich daddy pulled some strings. My neck *still* hurts when it's cold or I'm in a bad mood/stressed.

That's even better. If you took him to court and he said he wasn't drunk, that's worse. Because that means he was SOBER when he smashed your boyfriends car and hurt you. That's criminal negligence and licence losing.

People should have better parents to teach them right from wrong. I think drunk drivers who kill. Should be run over by a steam roller..
ap3d04.jpg