Space and Time | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Space and Time

So would it be fine if I didn't use adjectives or well known objects then? They do not make a difference to begin with, so that's fine with me.

Something exists and everyone observes it either accurately or inaccurately. In my previous example, everyone observed it inaccurately. What I mean is that there's two kinds of truth, the perceived and the absolute. We can perceive whatever we wish, but it will never affect the truth of the matter.
maybe not so black and white-- while i leave the room open for absolute truths, i dont know if i can think of any off the top of my head. would you name a few absolute truths, please?

maybe not so black and white-- while i leave the room open for absolute truths, i dont know if i can think of any off the top of my head. would you name a few absolute truths, please?
When you read a book and in the creator's notes it states that the main character is actually of the opposite gender than what's depicted inside the story, are you going to ask the creator "How do you know?!"? No you aren't, it's obvious that the writer has the last say about what's what inside his own story.

what IS the universe? all you know of is this galaxy and all the stars you see in the night sky is galaxies. how do you know its empty?

You heard of the vacuum of space? It's aptly named that because space is a vacuum and vacuum's have an empty space or at least one with lower pressure so that matter will fill them.

Space is empty, for the most part. That's why if you go out into space, you don't freeze to death. Even with conditions colder than -400 F. There's nothing to conduct heat loss. The lack of pressure does cause your blood to boil though and the Nitrogen gas in your blood escapes through your skin, which is supposed to be very painful.

When you read a book and in the creator's notes it states that the main character is actually of the opposite gender than what's depicted inside the story, are you going to ask the creator "How do you know?!"? No you aren't, it's obvious that the writer has the last say about what's what inside his own story.
are you implying you're the creator or that you can ask him/her questions about absolute truths?

are you implying you're the creator or that you can ask him/her questions about absolute truths?
I wasn't going into that direction. I meant that we're able to make up an entire universe if we so wish (by writing one), and therefore we're also capable of saying how things really are in that universe. If we're able to do that, then somebody can do it to our universe as well, for example.

Kmal, having evidence is only a shortcut to proving a point, it isn't required (you've been fishing for evidence). Even if I had a god's eye view of the world allowing me to know what really happens everywhere at every point in time, telling you that wouldn't give me the same satisfaction as proving it logically.

I've set up some sort of a frame for how the world functions, and it involves one truth, and then everyone's interpretations of that truth, including mine. Something has to exist before we can even try to observe it. If you do not agree with me, I think it means that you believe the world is somehow your own doing and that it will change according to how you interpret it.

Just making sure.. Have I misunderstood you? And is there something that I've said that doesn't make sense right now?