So, you seem to be good at . . . | INFJ Forum

So, you seem to be good at . . .

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Sometimes, i wonder, what am I actually good at. I'm honestly not sure. Sometimes, you think you're good at something, but then self doubt creeps in, or you wonder if it's just a fluke.

It helps to hear from other people who're pretty good at noticing things to point it out.

So, i'm dedicating this thread to the idea of pointing things out to members here on the forum things they appear to be good at; skills, abilities, etc. And it would great if we could point things out beyond the obvious traits which are already noticed.

It's really not meant to be a compliment or "you're such an awesome person" thread. It's really meant to make people aware of things they don't realize about themselves which could help them develop some abilities or skills based on what you've learned about them from their posts; qualities, traits, or abilities of which they may not be aware.

Last edited:
[MENTION=2096]DevilDoll[/MENTION] is very adept at giving people much-needed reality checks, while simultaneously offering good insight.

Reactions: Gaze
[MENTION=2096]DevilDoll[/MENTION] is very adept at giving people much-needed reality checks, while simultaneously offering good insight.

Really? I thought I was just a bitch.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] is good at bringing warmth into a room/situation

[MENTION=387]IndigoSensor[/MENTION] is good at mediating problems and helping people get past the affective conflict of situations.

[MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION] is good at making people feel comfortable and like they are at home.

[MENTION=1669]Res[/MENTION] is good at making people feel good and making them feel comfortable bringing parts of themselves forward that they may not otherwise.

[MENTION=3361]Edith[/MENTION] is good at making people feel as if they are a true friend and not just somebody that's there for the sake of connivence.

[MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION] is good at being blunt in a way that gets straight to the root of an internal issue, and is someone that I know I'll get real answers from if I ask a question.

[MENTION=1574]Ria[/MENTION] is good at making people feel emotionally comforted in times of need.

[MENTION=1834]sandra_b[/MENTION] is very good at being forthright and genuine.

There are more but these are the first that came to mind.

Im like this... xP
My self doubt creeps in with quite a lot of things that I do, especially my art&photography....
A few people have told me they really like my art, and that art is "my" thing.

I can never look at one of my paintings/drawings and say Im fully satisfied with it, because I never am. I feel like it can always be improved in many ways and areas.
But yea, Im very self doubtful about my art xD

The thing you need to keep in mind when comes to evaluating aptitude.

You can be good at something, and still get your ass handed to you in a contest. I bet that graceful ballerina you pay to see at the MET has fallen on her ass more times than anyone could care to count. I don't care, she's good. Yeah, sure, there's always room for improvement. But its important to recognize accomplishments as ... well accomplishments.

But let's not get carried away. You have to give yourself credit for what you've really done.
Now, if you haven't noticed by now, I like to say I'm pretty damn smart. But in the words of Einstein I'd like to state, "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.”

Because I love math so much, I'll illustrate using that. I'm good at math. Why do I say that? I don't think(well I do but that's irrelevant to the point I'm making) I can do math. I Know I can do math. I don't claim to know more or do more math than anyone I know: I don't. But I do realize that insight does not come directly though instruction, but rather an exposure and repeated attempts at contemplation of concepts. I am highly inclined towards such activity activities anyway. No really, I sometimes have the spontaneous URGE to do calculus or proofs or whatever. Talk to my friends... they think I'm a nutter. Not everyone does that. That has to mean something.

I'm not going to say that natural talent, or inclination has nothing to do with ability because it does. But there is a lot to be said for diligence.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1669]Res[/MENTION], don't know you that well. You seem personable, kind, and caring. Your avatar looks very creative. Are you creative? You at least have a sense of creativity. Okay, lets go have a baby now. :) jk jk.

:mhula:

INFJs r pretty good at understanding people's psychology.

[MENTION=1669]Res[/MENTION], you're good at starting interesting threads.

Reactions: Chamomile and Gaze
@Res you're good at always asking the big questions, and pondering about the intricate workings of life. I think you help a lot of people remember that there's more to it than what they do day in and day out, and that there is reason/meaning behind even the most automatic motions. Your sense of self-awareness is something I aspire to have.

@Sonyab I think you're inspirational. You have a background and a mindset that is so rare, and yet so needed in this world. You're a force of good that reminds the rest of us that unity does exist.

@K-gal You have a heart of gold, and make a wonderful "musing" friend. If it was at all possible, I'd want to spend days and days thinking about the philosophical points of life, and ways that we could change it for the better. Even in the hardest times, you seem to keep your head held high. You persevere.

[MENTION=1705]Questingpoet[/MENTION]; You are an awesome writer!

Reactions: Questingpoet
@Res you are a great conversation starter

@Ria you are the most empathic person I know. you are indeed great at making people feel comfortable

@Entyqua you are the best for bringing out the child in all of us and leaving laughter, smiles and joy in your wake! *hits you with jello*

@bamf you too are an awesome writer my frined. you are also great at taking on worthwhile causes, thankless ones that need peoples support!

@K-gal you are absolutely golden with advice and sage wisdom.

@arbygil you are so good at being a calming force and a voice of reason...thank you.

@PoetessK you are such a talented artist, writer, and photographer. I hope you give the people of this forum a chance to see that. They know a winner! ;)

Reactions: arbygil
This is an awesome idea! I can't say I've been around quite as long as necessary to know anyone's helpful patterns well enough to comment yet, but great idea, Res. I think its a semi-common introvert trait to downright forget what you're good at or even enjoy. Its so hard to not know what you're gifted at when you have to make big decisions for yourself!