Snowflakes | Page 33 | INFJ Forum

Snowflakes

Are you a snowflake given this definition?

• Yes, I am a snowflake

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I am not a snowflake

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I just love people, and prefer not to arbitrarily negatively label my fellow human beings

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo, trolling is ok because politics? It's made the environment pretty toxic...

No trolling isn't ok. I was only trying to explain that it's important that discussions on politics, aren't closed with out very careful consideration. And that argument is to be expected in them.

When members aren't happy they can report it, and even political threads can be dealt with. I hope though you can appreciate it's not done lightly.

I don't think the environment is toxic. Because I think we have many great members who contribute and make it better than that. But I also think maybe at times the "rough stuff' reflects the realities people are experiencing in life.

And as difficult as it is, I think it's good people are talking about it to each other. Also on a strictly personal note? If I were a rich republican I'd take another look at Alabama. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what will.

Edit. Also I continue to follow @Stu as I think he's tried to pursue a very objective look at events.

No trolling isn't ok. I was only trying to explain that it's important that discussions on politics, aren't closed with out very careful consideration. And that argument is to be expected in them.

When members aren't happy they can report it, and even political threads can be dealt with. I hope though you can appreciate it's not done lightly.

I don't think the environment is toxic. Because I think we have many great members who contribute and make it better than that. But I also think maybe at times the "rough stuff' reflects the realities people are experiencing in life.

And as difficult as it is, I think it's good people are talking about it to each other. Also on a strictly personal note? If I were a rich republican I'd take another look at Alabama. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what will.

Idk man, I mean, we're having troll roasts and threads proclaiming that people will never matter based on their beliefs. We didn't have that before that I know of. I guess the forum is kind of self-regulating by roasting EH, but it seems like the quality of discussion in the politics section has flatlined, and that this keeps coming to a head as well as bleeding out into other areas where it shouldn't.

I understand. :)
I have a hard time believing that this thread was created for "political" purposes because the original poster just posted the sole purpose of this thread. The purpose is to apply a label to people. The label has no clear definition according to him, yet his original post has an outline of what could make one suitable for said label. It is also not a negative label, though it means he doesn't have to take anyone seriously or listen to anyone and claims that no one in the world will listen to the voice of anyone plagued with such a not negative label. This is only the original posters way of saying that he will continue to compact his own bowels with his mighty fist of ignorance, indefinitely... That is hardly political.

However, since this is a political thread that will be left open on account of honoring differing opinions and is a thread about labeling people and I have faith that my current post will not be deleted or altered, and it is keeping with the spirit of this thread, I have to say:

@Eventhorizon, you sir, are an auto-shit fisting, smegma slurping, snowflake. The "voice" you give to conservatism is regurgitated, fringe, wankery. You do not intelligently promote the ideology of the GOP and your approach keeps your potential allies quiet and draws backlash that also keeps silent those that share your political ideals. True and intelligent political discussion is possible and perhaps even hoped for on this forum, but not with a snowflake that squeegees every drop of grease off his wrinkled nut sac for his egocentric sustenance. Yum yum.

So it goes...
Milky, this is what I hear you saying here. I think it's important to tell you what I've heard so that you know you were heard Ok?
So what I have heard is that you don't like being wrong. You don't like being wrong so much you've created this completley separate fantasy world that you live in where you aren't wrong. Here though in reality as near as I can tell, you are wrong the vast vast majority of the time. You see there how I used vast twice to emphasize how wrong you are?

Bring some intelligent discussion some time please so that I don't have to keep using small words to try and communicate with you.

Last edited:
that people will never matter based on their beliefs.

Do you think though, that people will ever be persuaded to that view ? Given what I've seen of members on the forum, I don't. Not a chance.

I think we have some really great new members and I'm enjoying seeing their posts. Thought provoking, intelligent and funny.

The world's an ever changing place. And I guess that will change the forum. Obviously, I want them all banned. Lol. :)

Last edited:
Idk man, I mean, we're having troll roasts and threads proclaiming that people will never matter based on their beliefs. We didn't have that before that I know of. I guess the forum is kind of self-regulating by roasting EH, but it seems like the quality of discussion in the politics section has flatlined, and that this keeps coming to a head as well as bleeding out into other areas where it shouldn't.
The good news is you have options. You can put me on block. You can ignore entire threads. You can simply avoid these things as well. Unfortunately I am assailed here because people don't like being exposed to thoughts that don't align with how they want the world to be. It's not a safe place for them. So I am relentlessly attacked for offering this different perspective. But regardless I'll carry on bringing truth to those who can think for themselves.

Do you think though, that people will ever be persuaded to that view ? Given what I've seen of people on the forum, I don't. Not a chance.

I think we have some really great new members and I'm enjoying seeing their posts. Thought provoking, intelligent and funny.

The world's an ever changing place. And I guess that will change the forum. Obviously, I want them all banned. Lol.

No I don't think anyone's mind will be changed, but I do believe in telling someone who's constantly interjecting with "Hey, if you're this half of the population you don't matter and you're stupid and delusional!" that there's an appropriate point at which to say enough is enough, stop insulting people. Otherwise, people will insult back and here we are. But it very well might just be me needing to change with the times, both on and off the forum.

So..........
I am not sure who added an answer to my poll but I would like to say I don't find it amusing or cool. Not that I am angry only annoyed with the idea that when a specific group of people don't like something, they change it's original form so they don't have to deal with....well let's call it what it Is, butt hurt.

Snowflake is not a negative term. People.can change it to mean whatever they like so that they can demonize it so they don't have to deal with being labeled in a way they don't like. But it doesn't matter if you don't like it, it doesn't make it any less true.

My whole point was to start a discussion with those who identify as snowflakes asking them if they understand that no one in the world will ever take them seriously about anything with the exception of others who identify as snowflakes as well. Also that a source of the annoyance on their part that leads to violent outbursts could be avoided if they simply understood that.

I deliberately left only 2 choices but I have to admit surprise that anyone would have actually identified as a snowflake knowing the definition.

I tend to agree that it is rather annoying that a mod (I assume only a mod could change it) would change someones posts like that.

On the other hand snowflake is a negative term. You can know that because people are reluctant at best, to call themselves a snowflake. It's used as an insult all the time in social media, typically paired with the word "libtard". The fact that you think it is not an insult just shows how out of touch you are.

I do believe that every human is unique, that does not make them good or bad or special, just different from one another in at least some way. I would find it incredibly implausible to find two people exactly alike in every way.

No I don't think anyone's mind will be changed, but I do believe in telling someone who's constantly interjecting with "Hey, if you're this half of the population you don't matter and you're stupid and delusional!" that there's an appropriate point at which to say enough is enough, stop insulting people. Otherwise, people will insult back and here we are. But it very well might just be me needing to change with the times, both on and off the forum.
This^^

Reactions: Skarekrow
Milky, this is what I hear you saying here. I think it's important to tell you what I've heard so that you know you were heard Ok?
So what I have heard is that you don't like being wrong. You don't like being wrong so much you've created this completley separate fantasy world that you live in where you aren't wrong. Here though in reality as near as I can tell, you are wrong the vast vast majority of the time. You see there how I used vast twice to emphasize how wrong you are?

Bring some intelligent discussion some time please so that I don't have to keep using small words to try and communicate with you.
You only prove, irrefutably so with posts like these to the plethora of people on this forum how very rude and disrespectful your attitude and outlook is. I am quite certain he understood your infinitesimal vocabulary word, EH, as did the rest of us little snowflakes.

But I should let you in on a little secret... I, in fact am more conservative than anything else, though I don't like labels. I side with the democrats on financial issues, while my stance is conservative on biblical topics.. This makes me not a snowflake or a liberal, nor a typical conservative, so I guess I'm just different. And that is ok. It's ok for us to be different than you EH. It is ok for us to be different than one another. The world would be quite a boring place to exist otherwise, and none of us would ever learn anything from the other, which is supposed to be the point of political threads, isn't it? To share our own differing views and glean a bit from each side, concede a bit, humble ourselves.... a bit? That is the difference between you and I. Between you and the rest of the people you argue against. We don't bring said arguments across in a brow-beating way.. We allow for open discussion. But that is not your purpose here, and everyone knows it. Insulting the intellect of fellow forum members is not considered a winter sport EH.. You are the only one not bringing intelligent matter to fruition, EH. I can assure you that most members would agree to seeing Milk concede to having things wrong a hundred times more often than you do, (if you ever do / pictures or it didn't happen ), so consider this fact before you insult his sense of reality and "always right" nature. *smh*.

On that note, my advice to @Milktoast Bandit and anyone else dealing with you is to keep in mind that it is utterly impossible to enter a battle of wit with an unarmed man..

I tend to agree that it is rather annoying that a mod (I assume only a mod could change it) would change someones posts like that.

On the other hand snowflake is a negative term. You can know that because people are reluctant at best, to call themselves a snowflake. It's used as an insult all the time in social media, typically paired with the word "libtard". The fact that you think it is not an insult just shows how out of touch you are.
Snowflake is a defining term. People don't like to be called snowflake and don't like to call themselves snowflake because it casts light on them. Kind of like a thief doesn't like to be called a thief in a police station.

You only prove, irrefutably so with posts like these to the plethora of people on this forum how very rude and disrespectful your attitude and outlook is. I am quite certain he understood your infinitesimal vocabulary word, EH, as did the rest of us little snowflakes.

But I should let you in on a little secret... I, in fact am more conservative than anything else, though I don't like labels. I side with the democrats on financial issues, while my stance is conservative on biblical topics.. This makes me not a snowflake or a liberal, nor a typical conservative, so I guess I'm just different. And that is ok. It's ok for us to be different than you EH. It is ok for us to be different than one another. The world would be quite a boring place to exist otherwise, and none of us would ever learn anything from the other, which is supposed to be the point of political threads, isn't it? To share our own differing views and glean a bit from each side, concede a bit, humble ourselves.... a bit? That is the difference between you and I. Between you and the rest of the people you argue against. We don't bring said arguments across in a brow-beating way.. We allow for open discussion. But that is not your purpose here, and everyone knows it. Insulting the intellect of fellow forum members is not considered a winter sport EH.. You are the only one not bringing intelligent matter to fruition, EH. I can assure you that most members would agree to seeing Milk concede to having things wrong a hundred times more often than you do, (if you ever do / pictures or it didn't happen ), so consider this fact before you insult his sense of reality and "always right" nature. *smh*.

On that note, my advice to @Milktoast Bandit and anyone else dealing with you is to keep in mind that it is utterly impossible to enter a battle of wit with an unarmed man..
The vast majority of your post is simply wrong. It's born of feeling. Little logic or reason displayed. Accusations against me that simply don't hold up. Sure you want them to be true but they are not.
You are mostly conservative? Please. Just because you live in a conservative family doesn't make you conservative.
I complimented you a while ago on your ability to think for yourself. Do more of that please only dont forget to fact check and use actual verified data in your decision making process. You've got a long way to go.

Having said that I read your post. I absorbed it. I am actually sad that you choose.to allow your feeling to sweep reason away but, it's no different than many do in this world. If you don't check that, if you don't correct it people like you will destroy the world. If drowning, those like you will claw at others and drag them down into the depths with you. I understand why, it's all based on fear. It's what you know you are capable of that you project on to other people and that is what you are fearful of. You see yourself in them. Instead of dragging people down with you, how about learning how to swim?

Good luck.

Last edited:
trump.jpg

So dignified and presidential... . Whilst the bible you too as a conservative should uphold as I do, tells us:

Study the Bible
New International Version
Proverbs 29:11

"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."

What does this make Trump, EH?

The vast majority of your post is simply wrong. It's born of feeling. Little logic or reason displayed. Accusations against me that simply don't hold up. Sure you want them to be true but they are not.
You are mostly conservative? Please. Just because you live in a conservative family doesn't make you conservative.
I complimented you a while ago on your ability to think for yourself. Do more of that please only dont forget to fact check and use actual verified data in your decision making process. You've got a long way to go.

Having said that I read your post. I absorbed it. I am actually sad that you choose.to allow your feeling to sweep reason away but, it's no different than many do in this world. Good luck.
I have not a long way to go, EH, you do... And do not insult my level of biblical conservatism, when you know absolutely nothing on my stances, nor views... now that is true ignorance and a sure lack of critical thinking and fact checking on YOUR behalf. Pshhhh.... I'm more conservative than you, your cat, and your mama put together, EH!!! :m202:

Also, my response was not based on a feeling.. lol! It is based on the observation that you clearly never admit you are wrong, whereas the member in which you "addressed" does.

I have not a long way to go, EH, you do... And do not insult my level of biblical conservatism, when you know absolutely nothing on my stances, nor views... now that is true ignorance and a sure lack of critical thinking and fact checking on YOUR behalf. Pshhhh.... I'm more conservative than you, your cat, and your mama put together, EH!!! :m202:

Also, my response was not based on a feeling.. lol! It is based on the observation that you clearly never admit you are wrong, whereas the member in which you "addressed" does.
I never said you are not more conservative than I. I have no reason to doubt that.

This has fallen into the 'I know you are but what am I" category. One that I despise so thank you for the emotional insight but I will retire from it.

trump.jpg

So dignified and presidential... . Whilst the bible you too as a conservative should uphold as I do, tells us:

Study the Bible
New International Version
Proverbs 29:11

"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."

What does this make Trump, EH?
Trump is a leader where we have not had one for some time and again as a nation we are better off than we would have been with Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.