Smoking Bans | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Smoking Bans

I like the idea of smoking bans. I personally can't stand the smell of cigarettes and don't like being around it at all. Also the idea of how harmful second hand smoke is disturbs me.

I am just glad that I quit smoking...

Smoking will be prohibited at all places to which the public has access, including auditoriums, health nstitutions,government buildings, restaurants, courts, public conveyances, public transport, stadiums, railway stations, bus stops, workplaces, shopping malls, refreshment rooms, discotheques, pubs and airport lounges. The ban will not cover open spaces.Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss has welcomed the Supreme Court order declining to stay the Centre

I am just glad that I quit smoking...
Congratuulations! I have seen how hard it is. My mom is a smoker all her life until last year I told her to stop smoking if she wants to live to see her grandkids. She stopped smoking for two years so far...but gained 20 pounds :(. She says it is due to wanting to move her jaws and the habit of of moving the mouth so often that was part of smoking addiction.

The Slippery Slope argument is itself a slippery slope, and therefore a fallacy :)

But I agree that funding the government by huge cigarette taxes while claiming to want to stop it smacks of hypocrisy and a vested interest in keeping smokers addicted.

Fist of all just quoting it's a slippery slope is not good enough! You took what I said out of context and missed the whole point. If you want to dissect my post please use my sentence properly. Thanks...:m076:

Congratuulations! I have seen how hard it is. My mom is a smoker all her life until last year I told her to stop smoking if she wants to live to see her grandkids. She stopped smoking for two years so far...but gained 20 pounds :(. She says it is due to wanting to move her jaws and the habit of of moving the mouth so often that was part of smoking addiction.

I changed almost every aspect of my lifestyle. If you are used to sitting in front of the TV or computer and smoking, you need some other stimulation to take your mind off of it.

I work out rather than smoking. I try not to follow the same habbits I had when I smoked.

My appetite increased when I stopped smoking, but I eat healthy enough that I can eat more healthy food and still lose weight.

I changed almost every aspect of my lifestyle. If you are used to sitting in front of the TV or computer and smoking, you need some other stimulation to take your mind off of it.

I work out rather than smoking. I try not to follow the same habbits I had when I smoked.

My appetite increased when I stopped smoking, but I eat healthy enough that I can eat more healthy food and still lose weight.

that's awesome. It is really a fight that you have to stay focused on. Plus it improves appetite/smell and color vision. But you are color blind? if so which colors you have hard time seeing? Most men have a problem seeing red and green. I studied color psychology extensively and it is interesting to note that only men suffer from color blindness. Women don't because it is a revolutionary trait that is suppose to help women see color in their babies. Determining if they are sick or healthy/ also for gathering food and cooking.

that's awesome. It is really a fight that you have to stay focused on. Plus it improves appetite/smell and color vision. But you are color blind? if so which colors you have hard time seeing? Most men have a problem seeing red and green. I studied color psychology extensively and it is interesting to note that only men suffer from color blindness. Women don't because it is a revolutionary trait that is suppose to help women see color in their babies. Determining if they are sick or healthy/ also for gathering food and cooking.

WOW, I knew women could not be color blind, but I had no idea of the purpose behind that!!!

I am classic red/green. I can see colors, but some of them are weak, apparently. Give me those number circle things and some of them I can't see a single number in it.

On this test, I can see the circle, star, square. I fail all others, I can see the yellow object but not the other.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/online%20test.htm#demonstration%20card

I'm usually not a fan of big gov. but in this I agree, cigarettes give me major headaches. It's nice to be able to sit and my dinner and not have to deal with the painful haze.

What Satya said!

Second hand smoke is dangerous.

I grew up with a smoker, and let's just say it kinda of sucked to not be able to breathe all the time. It's not fun when your lung collapses. Of course the smoking wasn't the cause, but it sure did aggravate the situation. Please don't smoke around your kids.

That being said, I don't care if you smoke. I don't think it will ever come to not being able to smoke on your own property. Who would support a law like that? I might support a law against smoking in your car, but that's only because every time I see a cigarette butt thrown out a car window I think murderous thoughts, heh heh.

They can do whatever they want with public property. They probably should ban smoking there to set an example. I draw the line at telling bars that they can't let people smoke. This is still a free country, and a patron who wants to legally smoke a cigarette should be allowed to do so at a private establishment that will let them.

Retarded concept.
The government has no right to mandate privately run businesses to prohibit their customers from smoking.

If people are so concerned about second-hand smoke, they're free to walk right back out the door they came in.

FYI, I hate tobacco products.

A monkey representation of what happens when a anti smoker approaches

I'm like :m114:
They go :m077: and then :m181: to me.
I am :m074: then become :m140: and finally :m106: them.
They are:m198:, and I can :m114: once again.

All the injuries are metaphorical and no monkeys were harmed in the making of this short story.

If it is not clear I am apposed to smoking bans and feel it should be the establishment that mandates smoking/nonsmoking not government.

Reactions: youhemmein