Skins (UK), sorry US | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Skins (UK), sorry US

Why, the UK version is so good.

Why? There are many reasons.

What I particularly despise is the irritating penchant of the show to constantly imply that "this-is-how-it-is". This is how teenagers are. This is what they do. This is normal. Since the majority of the population are SP's and SJ's then yeah, maybe it has some reflection of the general wish fulfillment ethos embedded in the consumer of such a show... i don't know.

I just find it highly alienating, but how can that be surprising? We tend to watch and consume stories that we relate to, characters that share our values. Because most of mainstream television and films attacks the majority then it would sensible to assume that most shows are aimed at and resonate with certain types of values that resonate with certain types of people. More simply, I don't relate to the show at all. I don't share those experiences. Most of the characters (in the first few seasons I remember) are amoral and self-indulgent.

I prefer realism, not abstraction in drama. I prefer emotional honesty to glossy escapism. Not because I'm a snob but because the kind of stories and media I watch involve characters/are created by people who share my values. You can understand that right?

Tony - ENTP
Sid - ISFP
Chris - ESFP
Jal - ISTJ
Michelle - ENFJ
Cassie - INFJ
Effy - INTJ

I love this show :)
I havent seen the 3rd and 4th season yet though.

Why? There are many reasons.

What I particularly despise is the irritating penchant of the show to constantly imply that "this-is-how-it-is". This is how teenagers are. This is what they do. This is normal. Since the majority of the population are SP's and SJ's then yeah, maybe it has some reflection of the general wish fulfillment ethos embedded in the consumer of such a show... i don't know.
Ok, first, Sensor =/= LOL I IS STOOPID N I DO DRUGS N PARTY ALL NITE LONG and Intuitive = LOL I IS SUPAH INTELLIGENT AND SO DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE
This is not related to S/N, N is in no way more intelligent or whatever than S, so just stop with the type sterotypes already.

Most of the characters (in the first few seasons I remember) are amoral and self-indulgent.
And that's why it's so interesting. :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to force you to like and watch the show and I understand you. xD