Skins (UK), sorry US

bickelz

BOINK
Jan 1, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I actually haven't seen the US version of it and I'm not sure that I want to because the majority of US tv is crap.

Has anyone else seen the UK version? It's pretty good so far; I'm a little over half way through the second season now. It's on netflix so I encourage people to watch it if they haven't already.

I also want to open up a small discussion about the character types if anyone else has opinions on them. I only was able to really able to observe a few.

Tony-ENTP
Maxxie-ISFP
Cassie-INFP(classic)
Effy-many say infj but i think she might be more of an intj or isfj but she has rarely talked so far

Reactions: deivejek2|9
I've seen seasons 1,2 and 3. Never bothered with #4.

Wait until seasons 3 and 4 to type Effie since she's the main character really, in those.

I hate TV....

I've seen seasons 1,2 and 3. Never bothered with #4.

Wait until seasons 3 and 4 to type Effie since she's the main character really, in those.

That's what I've heard but I also have heard that after season 2 isn't very good. I kind of don't want to see it with another cast so I probably won't watch season 3 or four unless it's for typing Effy specifically because I'm bored.

Season 3 was okay. I didn't really give a shit about any of the characters though, except for maybe Emily and Naomi and even then I hated them half the time haha.

Seasons 1 & 2 were much better for character development in my opinion, they were much more well-rounded and were all likeable in their own special ways. Especially Sid. Oh Sid, I love you. And Chris. <3

I like Sid and Maxxie too. They're probably my favorites. I just watched the Effy episode in season 2 and I don't think she could be anything other than an infj. She's messed up but no one else could have thought up such a brilliant plan like she did.

Has anyone else seen the UK version? It's pretty good so far; I'm a little over half way through the second season now. It's on netflix so I encourage people to watch it if they haven't already.

I also want to open up a small discussion about the character types if anyone else has opinions on them. I only was able to really able to observe a few.

Tony-ENTP
Maxxie-ISFP
Cassie-INFP(classic)
Effy-many say infj but i think she might be more of an intj or isfj but she has rarely talked so far
I watched the series on Netflix streaming/DVD because my Canadian friend in New Zealand absolutely loved it. Like Elowen, I thought the first 2 series (particularly the latter part of the first series) were solid, but I dragged myself through series 3 & 4.

It seemed like the show had some growing pains during the first few episodes and I didn't immediately like the characters, but many of them grew on me. Chris was awesome. Cassie made me laugh and cringe (often simultaneously). I wanted to like Maxxie more, but he seemed somewhat underdeveloped. Effy... actually liked her at first and really felt what she was going through, but she later became a point of irritation.

Tony being an ENTP - I can see that. Maxxie ISFP - can see that too, though I was never certain if he was an introvert or extravert. Cassie as an INFP - sure. Effy - I have no clue. Maybe someone else would be willing to weigh in on this one? Chris - ENFP? Jal - INxJ? I'm not going to attempt to type Sid, Anwar, or Michelle, but would love to hear what others think. :)

I just got done with the second season literally ten minutes ago. It was a bit depressing and I don't thin I'm going to watch the next parts because the characters affected me so much. I think that Maxxie was essentially an introvert because he seemed to be the quiet type who did spend a good deal of time alone by choice. I'd have to say that him and Sid are my favorite characters because i can kind of relate to them in a few ways i guess. Maxxie also made me really envy the artistic side of isfp's. He reminded me of what I could have been if my childhood was a little different.

I hate TV....

Well tv hates you.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TV!!!!!

slap handcuffs over me and call me a sensor, but damn I love my tv. (I say this lovingly, and jokingly).

I've not seen skins, but from what I've heard, it's degrassi on crack?

I love this show. I am almost all caught up. I find it to be very intense and have to take extended breaks from it. The show is just very raw.

I had some trouble adjusting to the new cast but ended up falling in love with some of the characters. I really really liked the characters from the first 2 seasons though.

The US version starts off similar to the UK version. Kind of like the Office in the US did with the Office in the UK. I have only watched a very limited amount of it though.

I've not seen skins, but from what I've heard, it's degrassi on crack?

I've only seen a few snippets of degrassi but yes, skins goes there. It is really raw and so real with so much tragedy. I honestly could not compare it to degrassi though just by knowing that degrassi is an American show that is very censored. I mean live isn't rated TV14. There is, believe it or not, drugs, nudity and death staring you in the eyes every day.

I watched the first episode here in the US with high hopes. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I thought it sucked. It reminded me of the movie "KIDS", but overproduced with annoying characters. The main dude reminds me of Ferris Beuller addressing the camera or something.

I hate that show.

Sid: ISFP. And my favourite character of the season!

Oh and you're probably right in thinking that Effy is a J. Pretty much the only J on the show. INFJ or INTJ fits.

In Soviet Russia, TV hates you.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TV!!!!!

You missed something out, I added it in.

I hate that show.

Why, the UK version is so good. You have to at least watch the first season to understand.

I tried to watch the first episode of the US version and I couldn't even get through it because it's so bad.

I watched the first episode here in the US with high hopes. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I thought it sucked. It reminded me of the movie "KIDS", but overproduced with annoying characters. The main dude reminds me of Ferris Beuller addressing the camera or something.

Both KIDS and the US version of Skins suck.

Haha. Kids was overrated, but definitely something different for it's time. You know it's bad, when you have to turn on the closed captions to understand what someone from your own culture is saying.

Why, the UK version is so good. You have to at least watch the first season to understand.

I tried to watch the first episode of the US version and I couldn't even get through it because it's so bad.

Orion is British, so I somehow doubt he'd have seen the US version first. Some people just don't like the show, simple as.

Orion is British, so I somehow doubt he'd have seen the US version first. Some people just don't like the show, simple as.

I didn't know Orion was British and yes I know some people actually don't like certain things.