Simple Color Test | INFJ Forum

Simple Color Test

JShafer

Regular Poster
Mar 4, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
This is a test my psychology professor showed during a lecture the other day.

For being so simple, it's actually pretty interesting some of the results friends of mine and myself have gotten. For some its accurate, for others not so much, the same as any online test, but it's still a bit of fun.

http://www.colorquiz.com/quiz.php

Last edited:
Your Existing Situation

"Finds himself in a situation that is difficult and not quite going his way, yet he is persistent and continues to do things his way. He tries to hide his true intentions, in order to gain false trust from his opponents."

Your Stress Sources

"Delights in the finer things in life and things that appeal to the senses, but can be critical. Is careful and cautious and must believe he is not being manipulated or tricked. Keeps his emotions in check and is always analyzing his relationships in order to know exactly where he stands at all times. Demands complete honesty as a protection against his naturally trusting nature."

Your Restrained Characteristics

Has strong emotional demands and is picky when it comes to choosing a partner. He chooses to remain emotionally distant and uninvolved in relationships.
He is being forced to be happiness and pleasure on hold for new due to his limiting circumstances.
"Is emotionally demanding, especially during intimate moments, which leaves him feeling frustrated because he is unable to find a perfect union."
Is satisfied and finds contentment through sexual activity.
He is being forced to be happiness and pleasure on hold for new due to his limiting circumstances.

Your Desired Objective

Is constantly trying to prove himself and make a positive difference though he is constantly faced with criticism and disapproval.

Your Actual Problem

Works toward building his position and increasing his self-esteem by viewing his accomplishments (and those of others) critically and harsh judgment. Insists on things being straightforward and clear.

Your Existing Situation

"Insecure with himself, needs stable roots and emotional security. Seeking an environment which provides comfort and few problems."

Your Stress Sources

"Feels as if he is in an impossible situation, he has lost the trust and respect of others and feels he is being treated unfairly and with no consideration whatsoever. He feels unappreciated which is bruising his self-esteem, but feels helpless to do anything about it. Feels misunderstood and alone, as if no one is willing to help him with the problems he faces. He needs constant attention and encouragement, but he is getting neither of those things and it is bringing him down. He needs to escape the situation, but feels helpless to do anything or make a decision toward a solution."

Feels unhappy and isolated because he is unable to succeed in finding the cooperation and understanding he desires.
"Feels he is not receiving his fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. He keeps his emotions bottled up, leaving him quick to take offense to small things. He tries to make the best of his situation." Current events have him feeling forced to make bargains and put aside his own desires for now. He is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

"Not a team player and is unwilling to be involved in most activities. In the past he was over involved and now emotionally drained. Due to his fear of over involvement, he now chooses to remain uninvolved with the activities around him. "

Your Actual Problem

Has high standards of himself and feels he cannot reach those standards nor is he able to prove himself to others which is bringing him undo stress and tension. Attempts to escape from his own demands with a defensive attitude where he refuses to show any type of commitment or involvement.

Your Actual Problem #2

"Finds himself too trusting and needs protection from this because he feels people will take advantage or misunderstand him. He hides his true feelings by being highly critical and distant, unwilling to participate unless he knows the intent is honest."

I can definitely relate to some, I am in a process of moving forward from all of that. I wonder how much anyone could relate to this (forer effect)

Good post JShafer!

Last edited:
Thanks. I'd post my results but unfortunately, I'm one of the few that it doesn't match up at all for. Probably because my fondness of dark colors when I'm actually a rather bright person, but eh, who knows. Figured I'd post it though, since it was so accurate for 90% of my friends that have tried it.

Thanks. I'd post my results but unfortunately, I'm one of the few that it doesn't match up at all for. Probably because my fondness of dark colors when I'm actually a rather bright person, but eh, who knows. Figured I'd post it though, since it was so accurate for 90% of my friends that have tried it.

Do not worry lol, same happened to me..I went with the dark colors and got this result, I love to wear black :)..NeveramI's description actually fits me better though.

Your Existing Situation

"Creative and emotional, looking for ways to further expand those qualities. Looking for a partner who enjoys the same activities. Seeking adventure and new and unusual activities."

Your Stress Sources

"Wants the freedom to follow her own heart, goals, and dreams and to earn the respect as a unique individual. Desires to pursue every possible opportunity without limitations or things standing in her way."

"Tries to participate and involve herself in things going on around him; however, avoids conflict and arguments to reduce stress and tension."
Giving more than she is getting back and feels misunderstood and unappreciated. Feels she is being forced into compromising and even her close relationships leave her feeling emotional distant.
Giving more than she is getting back and feels misunderstood and unappreciated. Feels she is being forced into compromising and even her close relationships leave her feeling emotional distant.
"Insists her hopes and ideas are realistic and achievable, but needs encouragement and support. her self-centeredness can cause her to take things too personally."
Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

Lives life to the fullest. Has a high energy level and is always on the go. she is very active and her actions often lead to success.

Your Actual Problem

"Fights resistance or limitations, and insists she is free to develop in her own way. Rewarded by accomplishing things on her own, with little to no help from others."

Your Actual Problem #2

"Enjoys making new plans and goals, but needs to be respected and admired for the things she accomplishes."

Mine is very accurate

Not that accurate for me. First time the result was partly true, but mostly not. Second time selecting more randomly, the test result actually fit better.

Your Existing Situation

Feels there are barriers between herself and the essential things she desires.

Your Stress Sources

"Avoids pressure from others and insists on developing her individual independence. Wants to make up her own mind with resistance from others or outside forces, and needs the freedom to make her own decisions. Wants to be looked at as a wise individual whose opinions are respected, and has a hard time admitting she is wrong. Can be reluctant to accept or understand other people's opinions or point of view."

Has strong emotional demands and is picky when it comes to choosing a partner. she chooses to remain emotionally distant and uninvolved in relationships.

"Feels she is not receiving her fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. she keeps her emotions bottled up, leaving her quick to take offense to small things. she tries to make the best of her situation."

"Is emotionally demanding, especially during intimate moments, which leaves her feeling frustrated because she is unable to find a perfect union."

Current events have her feeling forced to make bargains and put aside her own desires for now. she is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

"Not a team player and is unwilling to be involved in most activities. In the past she was over involved and now emotionally drained. Due to her fear of over involvement, she now chooses to remain uninvolved with the activities around her. "

Your Actual Problem

Her desire to be respected and to stand out from the crowd is not being satisfied and therefore she is feeling anxious. her normal friendly self is being held back and she refuses to become involved or participate with others in normal day to day activities.

Your Actual Problem #2

Must protect herself from outside influences or she risks losing her independence and having restrictions placed on her. she wishes to be left alone.

So, I vant to be alone, hmmm?

220px-Garbo_Lenox_Publicity.jpg

Your Existing Situation

"Organized and detail-oriented, he has a very precise and methodical manner. He needs relationships which offer him understanding, respect, and approval."

Your Stress Sources

"Current problems are seen as dangerous and threatening. He is angry a the thought he will have to continually put off his own goals for the time being, leaving him feeling powerless to change things. He feels used, overwhelmed, and exhausted at the demands placed on him."

"Self-centered, tends to take this personally and is easily offended."
"Believes his hopes and dreams are realistic, but needs reassurance from others. Has strict standards when looking for a partner and wants guarantees that he will not be disappointed or lose."
"Willing to become emotionally involved because he feels isolated and alone. He tries to avoid conflict and disagreements, but his arrogance leads him to quickly take offense."
Current events have him feeling forced to make bargains and put aside his own desires for now. He is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

"Needs peaceful surroundings. Looking for relief from stress, conflict, and arguments. Tries to control potentially harmful situations and arguments by treading lightly. Is sensitive, emotional, and has an eye for detail."

Your Actual Problem

Lack of energy leaves him unnoticed to pursue further activities or demands placed on him. He feels powerless which leaves him agitated and depressed. Tries to escape from his struggles by searching for peaceful and restful conditions in which to relax and recover in an atmosphere full of security.

----------

Wow... Sans the details of the restraining characteristics, this is almost scary how accurate this is. I mean, very very accurate.

Dang! That describes me down to the dot too! ....
Hadn't seen that result yet, but seriously, that fits me as well, and I mean pretty much spot on ...

Your Existing Situation

Desires to be respected by others in order to gain their trust and support for her own personal gain.

Your Stress Sources

"Unfulfilled hopes have left her feeling uncertain and even a little fearful about the future. Needs to feel secure and avoid further disappointment; fears she will be looked over, lose her position, or lose respect. Has little hope that things will get better in time and her negative attitude leads her to place impossible demands on others or to compromise or bargain."

Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. she is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity.
"Feels she is not receiving her fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. she keeps her emotions bottled up, leaving her quick to take offense to small things. she tries to make the best of her situation."
"Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. she is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity, as long as there is not a lot of conflict or emotional difficulty."

Your Desired Objective

Is in need of immediate rest and relaxation. Longs for peace and a sense they are understood. Feels she has been treated unfairly which makes her angry. Cannot stand to stay in an environment in which she is treated unfairly and with no consideration for her feelings.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointed because her hopes have not come to pass and she fears coming up with new goals will only lead to further disappointment. These conflicting emotions lead to a feeling of anxiety and depression. she tries to escape into a peaceful and calm relationship which offers encouragement and protection from further disappointment.

---

fun quiz. but the results were quite generic and not really accurate for me. and i didn't wait the 2 minutes or whatever before going for round 2, so that might've affected the results.

Your Existing Situation
"Hoping to climb the corporate ladder and gain a position with more power and higher pay so that she can live a more lavish lifestyle, and obtain the things she has had to go without."

Your Stress Sources

"Unhappy in her current situation or relationship, but is unwilling to change things due to her need for acceptance and belonging. Refuses to be seen as weak and although she is resistant to give too much to the relationship, she stays committed in order to feel the attachment. The situation depresses and irritates him, causing restlessness and impatience. she is seeking some sort of escape from the situation either physically or mentally, which affects her ability to concentrate."

Open and emotionally involved in relationships and easily finds satisfaction through sexual activity.

Feels as if too many walls and obstacles are standing in her way and that she is being forced to make compromises. she needs to put her own needs on hold for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
"If motivated, she will easily and quickly learn new skills. Is very intense person who seeks excitement and sexual stimulation. Wants others to see her as an exciting and interesting person, who is also charming and can easily influence others. Uses her charm to increase her chances of success and gain other people's trust."

Your Actual Problem
"Feeling anxious and restless frustration toward current situation or unfulfilled emotional requirements are causing stress. Tries to escape into a fantasy-type environment full of sympathy, understanding, and artistic beauty."

This test pointed out all the things I don't like about myself. I don't get how it did that. But interesting.