Seeing the same "signs" every day | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Seeing the same "signs" every day

So my conscious concerns were expressed by me unconsciously being drawn to them and then feeling falsely reaffirmed?

I don't think it's a premonition however, DefectiveCreative might be right. You might've known about it but not cared as much but your subconscious might've recognized it's value and stored it away for further analysis.

OR it might simply be a coincidence, though I don't believe in one. Coincidences makes me suspicious, but that's just me.

I don't think it's a premonition however, DefectiveCreative might be right. You might've known about it but not cared as much but your subconscious might've recognized it's value and stored it away for further analysis.

OR it might simply be a coincidence, though I don't believe in one. Coincidences makes me suspicious, but that's just me.
I do care; and I was not expecting to be put on antipsychotics...not at all.
I honestly think my psych is trying to make money. every little thing i say is seen as a symptom. maybe im wrong but i think she doesnt think it through. however i do realize (now, but not when i am psychotic) that i have paranoid delusions and mild hallucinations, so i will try for 2 weeks to see how i fare.

If that's Dan Brown's Angels and Demons you're talking about it isn't, has never been, and never will be a "documentary".

:m145:

Oh no, it wasn't that one. I can't remember now. The Mysteries of Angels and Demons or something like that. I'll have to look it up.

So my conscious concerns were expressed by me unconsciously being drawn to them and then feeling falsely reaffirmed?

If I've understood your post correctly, then yes. Your concious concerns about the possibility of being put on anti-psychotic medications were being suppressed, either in part or in whole, into your subconscious because you found them disturbing.

Your unconscious mind (to use yumii's phrase) "recognized the value" of these concerns and became more alert than your concious mind to signs or symbols that reminded you of these concerns (such as ads for anti-psychotics). But because you weren't consciously aware of these concerns anymore (at least not fully), these signs and symbols seemed to pop out at you unexpectedly wherever you went.

After you'd been put on the medication your concious mind then tried to rationalise what you'd been experiencing over the previous days, and one of the possibilities it came up with was that it may have been a premonition of some kind. But your concious mind was lacking certain key information, and that is the level of concern you had towards the idea of being put on medication and that you were being drawn towards relevant signs and symbols by your subconscious.

It was essentially a case of you concious mind putting the cart before the horse, or the effect before the cause, because it didn't have all the data it needed to form a fully informed conclusion.

That's my theory anyway (though just before I posted this I saw your post that you weren't expecting to be put on meds, which might throw a bit of a spanner in the works. :/ ).

Good luck with the treatment though, I hope it works out for you.

I do care; and I was not expecting to be put on antipsychotics...not at all.
I honestly think my psych is trying to make money. every little thing i say is seen as a symptom. maybe im wrong but i think she doesnt think it through. however i do realize (now, but not when i am psychotic) that i have paranoid delusions and mild hallucinations, so i will try for 2 weeks to see how i fare.

Maybe you're right, that she's trying to make money. I want to be a psychiatrist, but I'm very well aware that some-if not most-of them out there are just there for the money. It deeply irks me to no end just thinking about it.
Goodluck. I do hope this'll work out well for you. :l

If I've understood your post correctly, then yes. Your concious concerns about the possibility of being put on anti-psychotic medications were being suppressed, either in part or in whole, into your subconscious because you found them disturbing.

Your unconscious mind (to use yumii's phrase) "recognized the value" of these concerns and became more alert than your concious mind to signs or symbols that reminded you of these concerns (such as ads for anti-psychotics). But because you weren't consciously aware of these concerns anymore (at least not fully), these signs and symbols seemed to pop out at you unexpectedly wherever you went.

After you'd been put on the medication your concious mind then tried to rationalise what you'd been experiencing over the previous days, and one of the possibilities it came up with was that it may have been a premonition of some kind. But your concious mind was lacking certain key information, and that is the level of concern you had towards the idea of being put on medication and that you were being drawn towards relevant signs and symbols by your subconscious.

It was essentially a case of you concious mind putting the cart before the horse, or the effect before the cause, because it didn't have all the data it needed to form a fully informed conclusion.

That's my theory anyway (though just before I posted this I saw your post that you weren't expecting to be put on meds, which might throw a bit of a spanner in the works. :/ ).

Good luck with the treatment though, I hope it works out for you.
So my conscious mind is unaware of my subconscious mind?

I was going to make a thread like this :)
the same thing happens to me. for example, when I'm obsessed with a band or a number or something it just appears everywhere!! it is mentioned on tv, or someone I know talks about it, or it appears everywhere on the internet. I don't think it is "something else", though. I'm aware I might be noticing things that were there before but that (since I didn't knew them) I didn't pay attention to.

Last edited:
I keep noticing specific signs throughout the day and in particular there are advertisements for seroquel that I keep seeing on every single website i visit (for seroquel is an antipsychotic) and its become more than just a coincidence. i KEEP SEEING ADS FOR SEROQUEL and its freaking me out. Not to mention this has 2 days before, and of all days TODAY I get put on an antipsychotic. Does anyone else see the correlation here?
Premonitions?

Google ads tend to watch stuff, our chatroom will influence the google ads shown. My friend had been sending emails regarding laptops and the ads started showing laptops.

Just making you aware the technology is out there.

I was going to make a thread like this :)
the same thing happens to me. for example, when I'm obsessed with a band or a number or something it just appears everywhere!! it is mentioned on tv, or someone I know talks about it, or it appears everywhere on the internet. I don't think it is "something else", though. I'm aware I might be noticing things that were there before but that (since I didn't knew them) I didn't pay attention to.

I think its called 'confirmation bias' when you have something in your mind, so then you start noticing anything related to it.

So my conscious mind is unaware of my subconscious mind?

For the most part, yes, though there are times when the concious mind can become aware of the contents of the subconscious.

Usually this is when the mind enters a state between full conciousness and full unconsciousness, like dreaming or the deeper forms of meditation, or even during hallucinatory episodes.

Those contents are usually transmitted in an abstract form through symbolic images and feeling tones, rather than concrete ideas and concepts. So for the concious mind to fully understand these images the meaning behind them has to be correctly interpreted, which can be a very complicated process as the images involved can have very different personal meanings for each individual and the meaning behind them can sometimes be distressing or disturbing.

Maybe google keeps tabs on past sites or searches I did. Isnt Obama administration trying to do something like that? Not to be off topic or anything...
Like I said, once the event occurs, I dont see it anymore, and stop getting little "reminders". I do not see seroquel ads anymore...
Maybe I stop noticing them because they arent a distraction anymore?

Don't forget McDonalds, they advertise pretty much anywhere. Supersize Me was right.

I tend to notice patterns in car colors in parking lots. Or how many of a certain color car passes me at a certain time of day. I always see lots of silver cars (commuters) around rush hour. And lots of sand and silver colored Buicks every wednesday between 9am-2pm. SS check day. You can tell a lot about how people drive by how they approach an intersection. And there is always that one person who reverse parks their econo box (usually red) in the open corner so everyone can see how "fo shizzle" it is.
On a side note. I have a bottle of 300mg seroquel tablets in my junk drawer. Dont ever take seroquel, ever. They will put a very large elephant in a coma for a week. I made the mistake of taking roughly 50mg one time. I slept for 3 days straight and was hung over for 3 more.