Screamo music | INFJ Forum

Screamo music

Auron

Banned
Jul 12, 2011
MBTI
Ixxx
Enneagram
Does anybody here listen to screamo music? You know, the crap that all the teenagers listen to today, with god awful lyrics. I'm pretty sure it's not actually called "Screamo," but it sure does fit it.

I can't see how someone can listen to this. The farthest I can go into music like that might be Dethklok, which has more metal influence than Screamo does anyways.

What are your thoughts on it? I'm not picky about music, I listen to pretty much everything except for screamo, (Or any music with someone just screaming into a mike with unidentifiable words.)

Does anybody here listen to screamo music? You know, the crap that all the teenagers listen to today,

Damn those teenagers! Most kids do listen to crap music anyways apart from screamo.

I mean... Nikelback, linken park...where do you get off music industry?

*Headbangs*

[video=youtube;TjGi33FIMLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGi33FIMLI[/video]

I am up for listening to many genres of music. But I do hardly ever listen to screamo. But sometimes I do get an urge. Besides, I can't even understand what they're saying anyway so I just listen to the instrumentals. XD

[youtube]5kIgLwCCxbU[/youtube]

This is what I'd consider Screamo....the guitarist with the Ouija board guitar is a friend of mine from high school. I played bass for a short time with him in a little go-nowhere garage band we had, just for fun. He used to adapt Mozart for the guitar so why he's playing this junk, I have no idea.

And to think, he used to give me shit for listening to Tool....*shakes head*.

[youtube]5kIgLwCCxbU[/youtube]

This is what I'd consider Screamo....the guitarist with the Ouija board guitar is a friend of mine from high school. I played bass for a short time with him in a little go-nowhere garage band we had, just for fun. He used to adapt Mozart for the guitar so why he's playing this junk, I have no idea.

And to think, he used to give me shit for listening to Tool....*shakes head*.

I don't care what anyone says, Tool is a great band. Not my favorite, but definitely talented, and have some pretty great songs.

Music that you don't like = Crap

m083.gif

Yea "screamo" made me think of Tool--yes I actually did see them in concert too and wasn't very impressed

However, the genre of music I cannot stand or tolerate is improvastional Jazz--it is too freaking chaotic

I wouldn't consider any of this music to be "Screamo," but then again, that term has become pretty fucking nebulous and meaningless. It originally was used in the early 90's, it grew out of hardcore punk, and doesn't really sound anything like what most people are now calling screamo.

I like some of it, but most people will hate it.

Orchid is usually considered one of the top screamo bands, they were pretentious liberal-arts-college types from Amherst, but they're pretty quintessential screamo.

[video=youtube;DI5A36RbWjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI5A36RbWjQ[/video]

[video=youtube;53bIwgM_8Kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53bIwgM_8Kg[/video]

Last edited:
Just an FYI, I don't consider Tool to be "Screamo"...they're progressive metal, if anything and they are one of my favorite bands.

What I was getting at is that my friend is far too talented to be wasting his time in an icky band like Black Veil Brides.

Uh [MENTION=3765]Vicarious[/MENTION]
Not to get technical...but I said I thought of Tool when I saw the term Screamo...I made no acutal claims they were Screamo...just saying...just an FYI :)

Hmm. Is this considered screamo? Or this?

If so, then, uhm, I do like (at least some of) it. The albums they're from are defs two of my favorite ones.

I would consider both of those bands to be screamo, I really like circle takes the square as well.

It all just sounds like annoying noise to me, I feel this way about most "Death metal" as well that's supposed to be oh so "complex" or whatever. all sounds like shit to me.

Being unable to appreciate music that others like doesn't make it crap by default, it makes you too narrow minded and insular to be able to see what they like about it.

Being unable to appreciate music that others like doesn't make it crap by default, it makes you too narrow minded and insular to be able to see what they like about it.

I'm pretty sure they like it because they are 14 and it annoys their parents.

What a callous generalization.

Btw, I'm not sure if OP means generally all music with screaming, Screamo, or things like this:

[video=youtube;N8F5YSA1Oz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0[/video]

(If it's the last one, then I apologize for the relativism, lol.)

I've heard a few screamo bands but they're not my cup of tea. I keep wondering how in the world the vocalist can keep that up through an entire song, let along a full concert set. :/

I'm pretty sure you're just a big meany head ;_______________; and a bigot. I bet you hate black people too, don't you?

Last edited:
I've heard a few screamo bands but they're not my cup of tea. I keep wondering how in the world the vocalist can keep that up through an entire song, let along a full concert set. :/

A lot of them kept really short sets, maybe 10-20 minutes, because they couldn't keep it up. Others ended up changing their "singing" style (into actually singing), because it was pretty much impossible to scream like that long term.