Rioting: does it work? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Rioting: does it work?

There is a lot of blatant gerrymandering in the USA as well. There are a lot of voter suppression tactics. They had voting in the USA yesterday but so many polling stations were closed forcing people to stand in line for hours upon hours to cast a ballot. Mail in ballots for many people were conveniently not sent out in time. It's disgusting.

Hah, tell me about it. The protection of a vote is a life risked. Out here in my home country, bullets go into the head for a vote. All the time. These people who are sitting high up are either shitting in their pants unable to fight for what they originally believed in or are there because they have always intended to serve themselves. When those in power forget their accountability to the bottom of the pyramid, that's when they should be axed. But how?

Votes still don't guarantee that leaders that will embrace the change, i.e. accepting that this change will do good, a collective understanding of that goodness which will perpetuate to future leaders and generations. That's what ultimately needs to happen, in my opinion, but I'm jaded AF so I just can't imagine it... The U.S. is still a nation that has far too many people that resentfully go along with anti-discriminatory policy change. If the individual mentality of a vast majority of people and leaders does not change, we're not at a satisfactory point (to me, at least).
Yes. Votes don't. Leaders are fallible. In the fight for morals, they are bound to lose themselves. Be in hell for a good while and you become exactly like one of them. This is why we should always hold on to our morals. If possible.

@SpecialEdition Consider the following exert

The Guardian said:
The movement to defund the police is gaining significant support across America, including from elected leaders, as protests over the killing of George Floyd sweep the nation. For years, activists have pushed US cities and states to cut law enforcement budgets amid a dramatic rise in spending on police and prisons while funding for vital social services has shrunk or disappeared altogether.

This movement seems to be showing signs of success as New York city pushes to cut NYPD budget by $1.1 billion. A small step, but a step nonetheless. Now consider this next exert.

ZeroHedge said:
According to Minnesota Public Safety Commissioner John Harringon, officials there have been using what they describe, without going into much detail, as contact-tracing in order to build out a picture of protestor affiliations.

Why is this a big deal? Well, unlike with previous BLM protests, the government now has 5G, which dramatically improves the power of surveillance technology. Unlike with 4G cellular networks, authorities can now track our movements at a level of precision that was previously unthinkable. And with the power of AI, all of this new data can and will give them invaluable insights into the nature of protests in America. Far from a success, this is a monumental disaster! Worse still, the lack of respect for boundaries in the midst of the covid crisis could spark another wave infections, undermining the BLM movement even further.

This is what I mean by 1 step forward, 10 steps backward. This are kinds of "exploitation" I was talking about above.

Last edited:
@SpecialEdition Consider the following exert

This movement seems to be showing signs of success as New York city pushes to cut NYPD budget by $1.1 billion. A small step, but a step nonetheless. Now consider this next exert.

Why is this a big deal? Well, unlike with previous BLM protests, the government now has 5G, which dramatically improves the power of surveillance technology. Unlike with 4G cellular networks, authorities can now track: who you talk to, what you say, where you've been and when you got involved. This gives them unparalleled insights into the nature of protests at a level of detail they've never had before. Worse still, the lack of respect for boundaries in the midst of the covid crisis could spark another wave infections, undermining the BLM movement even further.

This is what I mean by 1 step forward, 10 steps backward. This are kinds of "exploitation" I was talking about above.

Police forces have already been using different AI to analyze and collect information about people well before the BLM movement started. I mean, we already know that citizens are being watched and have been for a very long period of time from Edward Snowden. I don't think it's that things are moving 10 steps back, it's just that people are now becoming aware of how little freedom and privacy they have to begin with.

Rioting works when everything else has failed, and in the case of the BLM movement, everything else did fail; the government, the legislative system, the law, Protesting peacefully, playing by the rules, it all failed.

I am not an anarchist, but a country that systemically subjugates a specific group of people for decades needs a sore shock to the system. The violence has gotten so blatant, it is disgusting.

Those who took to the streets have fought this battle a long time and they have had enough. The entire world is behind them this time.

A lot of countries and peoples have been looking inward also and examining their systems for signs of racism. Our premier stepped out the other day to confirm that there was no racism in our province, and many stood up to him with historical evidence that there is. I am happy that people felt empowered enough to shove it in his face.

Many leaders will think twice about their stance and how they should move forward in an era and a generation that does not tolerate racism anymore.

Last edited:
Police forces have already been using different AI to analyze and collect information about people well before the BLM movement started. I mean, we already know that citizens are being watched and have been for a very long period of time from Edward Snowden. I don't think it's that things are moving 10 steps back, it's just that people are now becoming aware of how little freedom and privacy they have to begin with.

Well yes. But I don't think you understand that 5G is a new kind of beast. This isn't like previous rounds of surveillance. As I said above, it has the power to pick up information a level of precision that we've never seen before. 5G, in combination with recent AI breakthroughs, will give them even more information to mobilize against us. Which, as I already said, is a monumental disaster.

Anyway, regardless of whether you agree or not, this is what I meant when I said that crises are opportunities for exploitation. There are opportunities for exploitation. Unfortunately, the citizenry are just no vigilant enough to see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: mintoots
Well yes. But I don't think you understand that 5G is a new kind of beast. This isn't like previous rounds of surveillance. As I said above, it has the power to pick information a level of precision that they've never had before.

Anyway, regardless of whether you agree or not, this is what I meant when I said that crises are opportunities for exploitation. This was just an example.
It could be 10 steps backward or it could be a massive opportunity. It's powerful for sure. It's the responsibility of those who wields it.

Well yes. But I don't think you understand that 5G is a new kind of beast. This isn't like previous rounds of surveillance. As I said above, it has the power to pick up information a level of precision that we've never seen before. 5G, in combination with recent AI breakthroughs, will give them even more information to mobilize against us. Which, as I already said, is a monumental disaster.

Anyway, regardless of whether you agree or not, this is what I meant when I said that crises are opportunities for exploitation. There are opportunities for exploitation. Unfortunately, the citizenry are just no vigilant enough to see them.
We already know that they can do this without 5G because Trump revealed the detail and accuracy that they have with their satellites. This is already happening and has already been happening in my opinion.

The old but forgotten term "the control grid" as envisioned so many times over the decades is increasingly the new normal with the normies going along with it as if it was never a big deal so long they have their phones and other distractions.

We already know that they can do this without 5G because Trump revealed the detail and accuracy that they have with their satellites. This is already happening and has already been happening in my opinion.

As a data analyst, I know that this perspective is just so wrong. The noose tightens, and you're telling me: "Eh, its happened before. We're all still alive aren't we?"

Regardless, if people want change, why not riot: The Pentagon, The Federal Reserve, The Treasury department, The FBI, WallStreet Houses. The most stubbornly moronic thing about these protests and riots is that everyone says they're fighting institutional racism, yet the places actually responsible have not a single dent on them.

Further, Is it just a coincidence that conservatives were the most opposed to medical martial law only a week ago in the face of the pandemic, and now they are considering the merits of martial law in the face of the leftist influenced riots? And who actually benefits from this? Perhaps the elitist establishment that's been calling for martial law measures from the very beginning?

Last edited:
As a data analyst, I know that this perspective is just so wrong. The noose tightens, and you're telling me: "Eh, its happened before. We're all still alive aren't we?"

Regardless, if people want change, why not riot: The Pentagon, The Federal Reserve, The Treasury department, The FBI, WallStreet Houses. The most stubbornly moronic thing about these protests and riots is that everyone says they're fighting institutional racism, yet the places actually responsible have not a single dent on them.

Further, Is it just a coincidence that conservatives were the most opposed to medical martial law only a week ago in the face of the pandemic, and now they are considering the merits of martial law in the face of the leftist influenced riots? And who actually benefits from this? Perhaps the elitist establishment that's been calling for martial law measures from the very beginning?
I don't live in the USA so I can only comment so much on what's going on there.

You're also misinterpreting my post. The point is that the system as a whole is majorly fucked and it's been majorly fucked for a long time. Now there are additional layers being added on to the fucked cake.

So what do you want people to do? What's YOUR solution? I can only look from the outside in.

The old but forgotten term "the control grid" as envisioned so many times over the decades is increasingly the new normal with the normies going along with it as if it was never a big deal so long they have their phones and other distractions.
What would you like people to do? What is your advice to the "normies?"

I would really like to know the answer to this.

Also I think technology is a totally separate discussion. It just happens to be an added consideration but it's not the point.

Reactions: SpecialEdition

Don't be normies that are given over to mindless trends, mindless group think, and fear ever time something happens. It gets to be exhausting and incredibly dull when like 95% of the population more or less has some variation of the same personality.

Don't be normies that are given over to mindless trends, mindless group think, and fear ever time something happens. It gets to be exhausting and incredibly dull when like 95% of the population more or less has some variation of the same personality.

And how do people "wake up" from being "normies" do you suppose? What are your suggestions for eliminating group think, avoiding mindless trends or having the same personality? If they actually have the same personality, how do they become individuals that meet your standards so that you can be less exhausted and bored?

Listen, I have no problem with the argument that people need to exercise more critical thinking and not get all their information from Facebook and a single news source or base their opinions on click bait headlines but I think your opinion about 95% of people doesn't provide any constructive action steps. People don't know what they don't know so in that sense, they can't actually help themselves. They're not stupid or helpless but most people have been drowned by marketing, advertising, sensationalized "news" and "infotainment" and may be completely surrounded by friends and family and communities that have been on the same page for so long they don't even know there's a different chapter or even another book. So what can ACTUALLY be done in a way that invites them to at least consider something different?

I have only had small success in having conversations with people that help them at least acknowledge a different perspective exists. So how do we reach an entire population?

Maybe the answer is protests and rioting and getting the conversation moving through massive demonstrations?

Maybe the answer is protests and rioting and getting the conversation moving through massive demonstrations
Yes.

Because
everything else has failed, and in the case of the BLM movement, everything else did fail; the government, the legislative system, the law, Protesting peacefully, playing by the rules, it all failed.

This is all.

I don't live in the USA so I can only comment so much on what's going on there.

You're also misinterpreting my post. The point is that the system as a whole is majorly fucked and it's been majorly fucked for a long time. Now there are additional layers being added on to the fucked cake.

So what do you want people to do? What's YOUR solution? I can only look from the outside in.

Simple. If you're going to riot, go after The Pentagon, The Federal Reserve, The FBI and Wall Street. Hurt the people that are actually responsible for structural inequality, don't destroy the cities you live in.

If you're not going to go after power itself, stop rioting all together. It will undermine there BLM movement, and maybe even rally enough support for Trump to declare martial law.

Simple. If you're going to riot, go after The Pentagon, The Federal Reserve, The FBI and Wall Street. Hurt the people that are actually responsible for structural inequality, don't destroy the cities you live in.

If you're not going to go after power itself, stop rioting all together. It will undermine there BLM cause, and maybe even rally enough support for Trump to declare martial law.

How do you suggest people unify for a cause where they could meaningfully go for those institutions without being run down with tanks and slaughtered? How do enough people understand that a change needs to be made? Perhaps they need to be part of a movement where protests are happening in all 50 states? Perhaps they start to see how much racial injustice there is, but also see the police brutality and start to understand the lack of consequences even at the local level?

People have to start somewhere.